caspex

Sharing insights on Happiness

7 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, I'll write down my insights on happiness following this, please read and point out any holes, loops and places I missed to explore. Tell me where I can go deeper, and just your insight on happiness in general. Thank you.

I feel that Happiness is deep satisfaction that lasts. The feeling of being whole and complete. When you feel that you need nothing to complete you. When all your needs vanish, and you are truly ready to die. Really freedom = Happiness = Love. Then what prevents us from being happy? Worries and Wants.

Why do we worry? Because of our desire to maintain, which is the same as attachment. We have the desire to maintain, because we fear the collapse of whatever we are trying to maintain. Collapse into what? Into pure nothingness, pure potential, infinity, death. We are scared to die. I think to stop this fear, we will need to realize, we are which we fear collapsing into, the pure nothingness, pure potential, infinity. 

Why do we want? Because we want to feel complete and whole. Well, that's an assumption that we aren't actually complete and whole. Let's question that too and test the assumption. Am I actually not complete and whole? Well, to question that, I need to know who I am first. And well, turns out, I am the pure nothingness, pure potential, infinity. Which means I am actually complete and whole. So complete and whole that I contain the non-complete and non-whole. Assumption was wrong. Therefore, there is no need to want. And you are truly free for the first time.

So, true Happiness and actual freedom comes from realizing our true nature. Who would have guessed.

Took me a whole 1.5 hours of contemplating and running into loops to come to a conclusion that I have been told the whole fucking time.

Have you actually verified this? Because as true as this may be, the problem I see with the Ego, is that even when you realise No Self the ego still remains. I mean even if you awaken to nothingness, you will eventually come back to the ego. So how do we permanently fix this? Is it even possible, because as long as we are in human form we have needs and when these needs aren't met, we aren't "happy". Thanks brother

2 hours ago, Godishere said:

Have you actually verified this? Because as true as this may be, the problem I see with the Ego, is that even when you realise No Self the ego still remains. I mean even if you awaken to nothingness, you will eventually come back to the ego. So how do we permanently fix this? Is it even possible, because as long as we are in human form we have needs and when these needs aren't met, we aren't "happy". Thanks brother

When I realized no self, I had to tie it in with the insight that reality is also infinite, nothing and perfect. Then that I and everything is God, everything is one and eternal. Which is my true self. 

Then I felt perfectly Happy and content. Problem is, that I am pretty damn sure that ain't the deepest I can go. When I am in that state, I don't care to go deeper. But right now I do. 

I think I have realized my nature at some level, be it shallow or deep, but it did give me that contentment and happiness so I'd say the theory checks out.

I don't know how to keep it at baseline tho. I figure that the answer is practice. I keep recalling that perfect happiness whenever I can. 

I've been chasing happiness for decades.  In my opinion, happiness is simply dropping your resistance to this moment, deeply accepting what is.

@Swarnim There's no such thing as "happiness".

There's only peace. And that peace is experienced where there's no mind, no sense of self. When "you" are in the now completely.

1 hour ago, vinc3nc said:

@Swarnim There's no such thing as "happiness".

There's only peace. And that peace is experienced where there's no mind, no sense of self. When "you" are in the now completely.

Maybe we mean the same thing, different words. But I'd say it's a peace that gives you joy for just being.

5 hours ago, vinc3nc said:

Indeed