Preety_India

Blindspots of Highly Conscious People

56 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Eph75 said:

Bottom line is, by getting hung up on others flaws and blind spots, you're neglicting your own blind spot in regards to judging others being and doings, due to lack of any other perspective that your own, trying to force a "square peg" into your "round hole", which inevitably results in "not right".

With that said, when it comes to politics and the belief that ones own percieved "high consciousness" justified ones political biases is probably one of the more interesting blind spots that we also can see here. This is quite evident through the observing of how emotional energy rises in such conversations, with people that otherwise appear mindful of their responses in other contexts.

Interesting.

On 11/02/2021 at 1:26 PM, Nahm said:

Highly conscious people has become the blind spot.

Disciples of Nisargadatta Maharaj said, they live through their guru. In this sense the guru shows the disciples' blindspots unfolded in the physical realm. Total Reflection.

Edited by juni

2 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@juni

Covid not enough for ya? 

@Nahm my english makes no sense?

Edited by juni

2 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@juni

Nuclear missiles not enough of a reflection of us? 

Donald Trump not, enough? 

@Nahm I think I understand.

Blindspots of the ego getting projected into physicality. Is that Love? It is Truth unveiling? I guess a disciple of Maharaj who is in the state of I-ness beyond I/other receives this reflection as the real cost of his guru's teachings at this stage of self-realization?? help me, Nahm, please

@Nahm it is enough. i don't get your point quite clear. lesson is to prevent the ego and its blindspots for acting out. but what should go the way of life then? what is the distinction?

38 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@juni

Covid not enough for ya? 

36 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@juni

Nuclear missiles not enough of a reflection of us? 

Donald Trump not, enough? 

23 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@juni

Discord, suffering...not enough?

@Nahm I could justify all of this as bad. What will this avoidance of it, being-enough, leads us to? To inhale loveaction into this requires a being-aware directly, looking evil in the eyes? I don't know.

Edited by juni

@juni

You’ve distinctions, disciples, gurus, ego, projection, states, stages, reflections, points, lessons, preventions, blind spots, acting, ways, justifications, judgement, avoidance, and evil in one hand;

and love in the other,

and no one is looking,

no one is coming.  

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahmit gets clearer. there is no one looking and there is nothing to look at.
I tried to catch up the narrative of the thread creator and found your answer of 'the guru as blindspot itself' valuable. But good and value is good and value for its own sake. heart&Gedanke, Nahm :x

The only blind spot is inauthenticity. Be true to who You are, in this moment, and you are golden. You don't have to be perfect, or ultimately Self-realized. Just be honest, and real. ?

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

Not sure if this is exactly what you were looking for, but developmental imbalances seem like a big one.

Someone can operate at a high degree of cognitive complexity while being less developed in other areas, such as the breadth and depth of thier emotional and moral development, with all of the associated pathologies which that entails. Think of any of the numerous examples of Highly Intelligent people whose Shadow manifests as sociopathic personality traits.

Or conversely, someone can possess a great deal of depth that outstrips thier own cognitive complexity, with Magical Thinking and some of the unhealthy aspects of the New Age Community being good examples of this. 

Another developmental imbalance that can happen is when people's Effective Value Meme (ie SD-Stage) is wildly out of sync with that individual's psychological development. The reason that this is a problem is that if the SD stage you've been imprinted with outstrips your own psychological development, you'll likely be operating with a flattened and dysfunctional version of that Value Meme. Hell, anyone who uses developmental models like Spiral Dynamics to judge and shame other people is a great example of this. Or twenty year old kids who get imprinted with a flattened version of SD Green while still emotionally immature, and then become toxic caricatures of that Value Meme.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

@Preety_India

Leo gura 

postive quality

Honesty, truthful, deeply embodied knowledge, actualized philosophy, Spritualy committed and disciplined. 

negative quality 

negative world view. lack of sainthood quality. 

sadhgrhu 

postive quality 

simplicity, great communicater understanding, easy, joyful. 

negative quality 

bluffing, lack of sainthood quality, not Spritual committed and disciplined. 

osho

postive quality 

Sainthood, understanding, accepting, wisdom, joyful, simplistic. 

negative quality 

rude, irresponsible, lack plans. 

alan Watts 

postive quality 

graceful, great mind, understanding, funny, knowledgeable, strong, planning. 

negative quality 

lack of sainthood, not Spritualy committed and disciplined, not intuitive. 

Below is a post I made a while back concerning b!indsposts or chief feature as it's called in the Fourth Way.

think Red Hawk referred to one's 'chief feature' as it's called in the Fourth Way also as one's 'blind spot'. There was a similar thing in Scientology. I think it was called one's 'ruin' I certainly don't like to group The Fourth Way and Scientology together, though. Scientology is definitely a cult and as a general rule Fourth Way Teachers will try to run people off by offending them  or other ways. Gurdjieff did this as well to insure that only people who were really sincere about working on themselves would be the ones to stick around, regarding whatever bullshit they had to put up with. 

Side note- This has to do with the Title of his magnum opus- Beelzebub's Tales To His Grandson. Being offensive in this way, Beelzebub aka The Devil, guaranteed Religous people would stay away and for the most part only the highly educated would be drawn in out of curiosity or as he put it, if they had a magnetic center. Someone with magnetic center is someone who has a natural inclination for gathering knowledge as well as working on oneself.

Back to chief feature. Jane Heap, a student of Gurdjieff's, boiled it down to a short list. She said chief feature is usually based on one of five things- Greed, Fear, Sex, Lying, or self Pride. 

So chief feature, in being also a part of the makeup of one's psychological blind spot has to do with how we usually react. If anyone reading this is aware of the phenomena where people see one another's foibles better than they can see their own,, This is the ball park, so to speak. 

If you tell someone what their chief feature is. They won't believe you,, Through radical honesty and long self observation, one has to learn it for themselves. The goal isn't to be rid of it but to know it and be it's Master. One's chief feature is said also to be a distorted reflection of a personal virtue. For instance, fear becomes courage,,, Chief feature can also be a combination of Greed-Fear-Lying-Sex-self Pride.

One has to be willing to observe over a long period of time, one's own habitual reactions. This process is definitely linked to the Science of Idiotism.

Edited by Zigzag Idiot
Typo

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

57 minutes ago, Conscious life said:

@Preety_India

Leo gura 

postive quality

Honesty, truthful, deeply embodied knowledge, actualized philosophy, Spritualy committed and disciplined. 

negative quality 

negative world view. lack of sainthood quality. 

sadhgrhu 

postive quality 

simplicity, great communicater understanding, easy, joyful. 

negative quality 

bluffing, lack of sainthood quality, not Spritual committed and disciplined. 

osho

postive quality 

Sainthood, understanding, accepting, wisdom, joyful, simplistic. 

negative quality 

rude, irresponsible, lack plans. 

alan Watts 

postive quality 

graceful, great mind, understanding, funny, knowledgeable, strong, planning. 

negative quality 

lack of sainthood, not Spritualy committed and disciplined, not intuitive. 

Awesome 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

7 hours ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

One's chief feature is said also to be a distorted reflection of a personal virtue. For instance, fear becomes courage,,,

the reflection thought is back and I don't understand this paragraph.

In case of my blindspot I see my surroundings distorted. I don't realize it. I think people have fear of me but they reflect just my courage? So a "bad" conditioning about my reactive pattern of courage happens, because of the perceiving of fear. I learn to prevent from being courageous under this reflective distortion of my own observing?

(but no one is looking and my coraugeous pattern goes on until it has a realization that people are looking out of fear for love, fear of a highly corageous behaviour. it vibrates)