Preety_India

Blindspots of Highly Conscious People

56 posts in this topic

We come across so many different kinds of people both online and offline. As we navigate this world, we come across really high conscious people and we like to learn from them. Of course the term high conscious is quite subjective and up for debate. As you learn more with time, you might have also noticed certain blindspots and behaviors which you would not associate with high consciousness in your mind. Maybe you don't open up about it as often but from time to time, it nags you how people who you see as high conscious or people who claim to be high conscious exhibit such behaviors. 

I wanted to get to the bottom of it. It bothers me as well. Since I'm on the path of spiritual development I don't want to be a part of the same club or make the same mistakes. 

Maybe  we can openly discuss these behaviors and blindspots and get to share each other's views, thoughts and general experiences on this spectrum. 

Such discussions help us evolve and grow on our path and maybe avoid those particular blindspots in the future. At least it helps to know if we have the same in us. 

Let's get the ball rolling on this. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

You could discuss Leo's blindspots or any other teacher, guru or person who you have had the chance to interact with. 

Keep it fair and insightful. 

Please don't lock this thread if people are going to add useful information here.. 

Edited by Preety_India

Bottom line is, by getting hung up on others flaws and blind spots, you're neglicting your own blind spot in regards to judging others being and doings, due to lack of any other perspective that your own, trying to force a "square peg" into your "round hole", which inevitably results in "not right".

With that said, when it comes to politics and the belief that ones own percieved "high consciousness" justified ones political biases is probably one of the more interesting blind spots that we also can see here. This is quite evident through the observing of how emotional energy rises in such conversations, with people that otherwise appear mindful of their responses in other contexts.

Want to connect? Just do it, I assure you I'm just a human being just like you, drop me a PM today. 

@Eph75 no I'm not ignoring. I'm trying to learn so that I don't have the same blindspots. I don't need to ignore them 

When we follow teachers we need to know these things so that we don't fall in Traps and miss them. 

Such discussions are totally valid. 

Btw I'm not being "hung up", it's just an open discussion. Adjectives like "hung up" take away the actual merit and content of the discussion because such adjectives take the narrative in a completely different direction than what it was originally supposed to be about aka derailing the thread. 

Edited by Preety_India

I develop my own system of stages of consciousness, to avoid such blind spot. all teachers in the world are in error. they only manipulate small amounts of God consciousness. 

The biggest blind spot would be to project your authority to any teacher. 

Highly conscious people has become the blind spot. Connect the dots to your suffering. Have yo self an aha. Yourself is not found beyond yourself. Consciousness can veil itself by believing itself is a property of someone else or something else, found somewhere else somehow (?), in experience. The looking is already way too far past. 

“A flashlight just ‘comes across’ light and that’s how it is”. 

Maybe not. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

23 minutes ago, fridjonk said:

The biggest blind spot would be to project your authority to any teacher. 

no, student "needs" to surpass the teacher one day...that's the whole point....

p.s im a little bit tired maybe im wrong

Most "highly conscious" people seem naive to me, especially in politics.

Other blindspots include:

• High levels of sneaky judgement, which is covered by the belief of being non-judgemental.
  • High levels of neurosis/desire for control, which is renamed to good intentions.
  • False beliefs of superiority, development, and advancement.
  • Double-standards.
  • Stubbornness and closed-mindedness, especially when it comes to their identity.

Personally, I think that blindspots are inevitable, and that nobody's perfect. I have some of the things that I said above, but at least I'm aware of them.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

2 minutes ago, Gesundheit said:

Personally, I think that blindspots are inevitable, and that nobody's perfect. 

yes.

Pragmatism. In the "beginning" and "intermediate" levels.

Once thoroughly mastered High consciousness makes one as pragmatic as it gets IMO.

2 hours ago, blackchair said:

no, student "needs" to surpass the teacher one day...that's the whole point....

I think you misinterpreted what I meant. 

The first I would say is to not know how to put boundaries.(It’s not easy btw?)

The second neglect the importance of money.

The third and the biggest is not to fully embrace this human experience.

25 minutes ago, fridjonk said:

I think you misinterpreted what I meant. 

ok, glad to hear it, #tired.

3 minutes ago, Heaven said:

The second neglect the importance of money.

oh god how im bad with money, god help mexDxDxD

1 hour ago, blackchair said:

oh god how im bad with money, god help mexDxDxD

Haha if you realized God it’s already a huge step towards financial freedom. It almost automatically removes most of your bullshit expenses?

14 minutes ago, Heaven said:

Haha if you realized God it’s already a huge step towards financial freedom. It almost automatically removes most of your bullshit expenses?

ALMOST:ph34r:

@Preety_India it's definitely a useful exercise to pick out other's blindspots, if only just to hold a mirror up to yourself. Here's some I've noticed, mostly from YouTube videos:

Mooji

Not engaged with explaining the many aspects of reality - one trick pony. Wants to use self awareness and "noticing" as a "cure" for everything. Which is fine and all, but there's more effective ways sometimes and a lot more to reality.

Sadhguru

More well rounded. But says some whacky and probably some personally unverifiable things. Only has a simplistic understanding of science, but likes to talk a lot about it. Has a bit of a "showbiz" side to his character which doesn't gel in my eyes.

Jim Newman

He's good, but again a one trick pony. He is like a walking advertisement for it's like to be enlightened, nothing sticks to him. But this makes it hard to get any juice out of him. 

Rupert Spira

Again more well rounded. Good at explaining enlightenment related stuff, but seemingly lacks breadth in other areas. He is super placid, but this makes him seem aloof and otherworldly - so doesn't have the dynamic range in his character to engage you - and if he does, then he's doing it on purpose for effect.

Leo Gura 

The best of the lot in terms of breadth of knowledge and appearing to be "normal" in appearance. Somewhat impulsive and non-diplomatic - perhaps for effect. Bit of an aloof attitude and holier than though attitude without realising it. Naturally contrary. Appears a little misogynistic without realising it.

Ok, that's enough character assassination.

All stories and explanations are false.

Just now, LastThursday said:

@Preety_India it's definitely a useful exercise to pick out other's blindspots, if only just to hold a mirror up to yourself. Here's some I've noticed, mostly from YouTube videos:

Mooji

Not engaged with explaining the many aspects of reality - one trick pony. Wants to use self awareness and "noticing" as a "cure" for everything. Which is fine and all, but there's more effective ways sometimes and a lot more to reality.

Sadhguru

More well rounded. But says some whacky and probably some personally unverifiable things. Only has a simplistic understanding of science, but likes to talk a lot about it. Has a bit of a "showbiz" side to his character which doesn't gel in my eyes.

Jim Newman

He's good, but again a one trick pony. He is like a walking advertisement for it's like to be enlightened, nothing sticks to him. But this makes it hard to get any juice out of him. 

Rupert Spira

Again more well rounded. Good at explaining enlightenment related stuff, but seemingly lacks breadth in other areas. He is super placid, but this makes him seem aloof and otherworldly - so doesn't have the dynamic range in his character to engage you - and if he does, then he's doing it on purpose for effect.

Leo Gura 

The best of the lot in terms of breadth of knowledge and appearing to be "normal" in appearance. Somewhat impulsive and non-diplomatic - perhaps for effect. Bit of an aloof attitude and holier than though attitude without realising it. Naturally contrary. Appears a little misogynistic without realising it.

Ok, that's enough character assassination.

Thank you so much for the effort to answer the question. An honest discussion like this always helps.