Vision

How do I get out of my head and listen to my heart?

26 posts in this topic

In other words;

• Intuition over logic/thinking
  • Right-brained over left-brained
  • Heart over head 
  • Grounded over ungrounded 

What can I do to help live by these ideals?

I tend to think a lot, it gets me stuck in my head. 

Notice there is an experience of thoughts about a yourself, and repetitious telling of a story about a yourself. Contemplate, who / what am I even talking about? If I am myself (self inherent, awareness) then who / what is it I keep thinking & talking about? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Ask yourself what advice or wisdom you’d give yourself if you were 90 years old and on your death bed. What would you want your current self to do/be in X situation? 

This technique helps bypass the logical thinking mind and taps into our higher self or soul. 

Stay on guard for rationalizations that sway you from what you want to do. Your ego's biggest weapon is rationalization. Stuff like "I can do this later" or "I'm too busy for this".

Lets say you want to read a book. Your ego may come up and say "we can save that for later" or "I have plenty of time", thus successfully rationalizing itself into a position where it doesn't get any work done. But, while you are procrastinating, you can feel in your heart that you're putting something off. It's like a slight feeling of guilt.

You know you want to do this thing, but you're not doing it. In this situation, you know for sure the thing you want to do is of your intuition, because the ego loves doing things that make it feel comfortable and are in alignment with its rationalizations. So why would it want to do something uncomfortable, like reading a self-help book? Because it isn't your ego, it's your intuition. Your ego wants to make it feel like it is going to get things done later, but in reality it is just going to give you endless rationalizations which perpetuate its existence.

You can also try and ask yourself: "What would someone who loves themselves do?"

I also like this quote from Bashar: "...this is very very simple, you're making it too complicated. When this conversation is over, when this event is over today, you will have a number of options available to you that you could do something about, that you can act on. You can take a walk. You could read a book. You can see a movie. You could have lunch. A number of things. All you have to do is look at all the options and just pick the one that's even just a little be more attractive that any other and act on it to the best of your ability, with no assumptions as to what the outcome will be. That's all you have to keep doing, that's it. It's that simple."

Keep in mind, "attractive" in this quote refers to whatever pulls your intuition, not what is most comfortable.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, 'This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful.' The moment you see it, the head stops running thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts running. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

For me, it was the deep realization that my brain, unobserved, was only capable of producing suffering. The seeds of thoughts have never produced peace. The heart is closer to truth, but the spirit is closer still.

When you are Consciously centered, the brain and the heart can be beautiful tools. When not, they are instruments of torture.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

13 hours ago, Nahm said:

Notice there is an experience of thoughts about a yourself, and repetitious telling of a story about a yourself. Contemplate, who / what am I even talking about? If I am myself (self inherent, awareness) then who / what is it I keep thinking & talking about? 

@Nahm

How do I drop it on a dime? 

I can conceive of Buddhist monks, living in a monastery. However, I have never directly experienced them. Therefore, it is just a concept, an imagination. I don't actually know Buddhist monks. So I want to see what it is like being a monk, which would mean travelling to see them. 

I can't actually go and do this anytime soon, but my mind keeps on thinking "What if I was a monk? How would I feel about being a monk?" 

This just distracts me from my day to day activities. 

I try to meditate to connect with my feelings more, but the thoughts just come up again. Why is it that they continue to come up despite my knowledge of them just being concepts & imagination? 

3 hours ago, Osaid said:

Stay on guard for rationalizations that sway you from what you want to do. Your ego's biggest weapon is rationalization. Stuff like "I can do this later" or "I'm too busy for this".

Lets say you want to read a book. Your ego may come up and say "we can save that for later" or "I have plenty of time", thus successfully rationalizing itself into a position where it doesn't get any work done. But, while you are procrastinating, you can feel in your heart that you're putting something off. It's like a slight feeling of guilt.

You know you want to do this thing, but you're not doing it. In this situation, you know for sure the thing you want to do is of your intuition, because the ego loves doing things that make it feel comfortable and are in alignment with its rationalizations. So why would it want to do something uncomfortable, like reading a self-help book? Because it isn't your ego, it's your intuition. Your ego wants to make it feel like it is going to get things done later, but in reality it is just going to give you endless rationalizations which perpetuate its existence.

You can also try and ask yourself: "What would someone who loves themselves do?"

I also like this quote from Bashar: "...this is very very simple, you're making it too complicated. When this conversation is over, when this event is over today, you will have a number of options available to you that you could do something about, that you can act on. You can take a walk. You could read a book. You can see a movie. You could have lunch. A number of things. All you have to do is look at all the options and just pick the one that's even just a little be more attractive that any other and act on it to the best of your ability, with no assumptions as to what the outcome will be. That's all you have to keep doing, that's it. It's that simple."

Keep in mind, "attractive" in this quote refers to whatever pulls your intuition, not what is most comfortable.

How can I strengthen my connection to my intuition? So that the messages by it are more clear? 

2 hours ago, Moksha said:

For me, it was the deep realization that my brain, unobserved, was only capable of producing suffering. The seeds of thoughts have never produced peace. The heart is closer to truth, but the spirit is closer still.

When you are Consciously centered, the brain and the heart can be beautiful tools. When not, they are instruments of torture.

How can I make this deep realization happen? 

38 minutes ago, Vision said:

@Nahm

How do I drop it on a dime? 

Care more about how you feel vs settling for impatience. 

I can conceive of Buddhist monks, living in a monastery. However, I have never directly experienced them. Therefore, it is just a concept, an imagination. I don't actually know Buddhist monks. So I want to see what it is like being a monk, which would mean travelling to see them. 

I can't actually go and do this anytime soon, but my mind keeps on thinking "What if I was a monk? How would I feel about being a monk?" 

This just distracts me from my day to day activities. 

Use the emotional scale to express, then mind will be clear. 

I try to meditate to connect with my feelings more, but the thoughts just come up again. Why is it that they continue to come up despite my knowledge of them just being concepts & imagination? 

Return attention gently, to consciously breathing from the stomach. There is no trying or questions in meditation. ?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

i think 100% honesty(or radical honesty) is the path to your heart and hearts of others

Feeling, dude.

It's all about your feelings. You're using your mind trying to achieve a good feeling, or to run from a bad feeling. All you really care about is feeling better. Realize this deeply.

So get in touch with your emotions and choose those thought/belief/perspectives that feel good. Listen to Nahm and his emotional scale stuff.

Truth is not a logical statement anyway. You won't get where you really want to go by thinking.

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

Grounding vs ungrounding is not a function of the heart(heart chakra) but rather the root chakra. Being stuck in your head you miss out on more than your heart. Listen to your entire body. I recommend reading Wheels of Life, it's about the chakras/the different intelligences of the body. Also incorporate any kind of energetic practice to your meditation routine, such as loving kindness or chakra meditation.

The road to God is paved with bliss.

20 hours ago, Vision said:

How can I make this deep realization happen? 

Observe. Has your monkey mind ever given you peace, for more than a moment at best? Realize that your thoughts are not You. They are clouds that come and go. You are the Sky.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

What are the things you love and are drawn to for no reason? 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

I used to think so much that it was hard to get my attention. Then I meditated one time and my mind kinda fell apart. Now it's often hard to even think of anything :S

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

On 2/13/2021 at 7:49 AM, martins name said:

Grounding vs ungrounding is not a function of the heart(heart chakra) but rather the root chakra. Being stuck in your head you miss out on more than your heart. Listen to your entire body. I recommend reading Wheels of Life, it's about the chakras/the different intelligences of the body. Also incorporate any kind of energetic practice to your meditation routine, such as loving kindness or chakra meditation.

@martins name

Is it the one by Anodea Judith?

On 2/11/2021 at 6:22 AM, Vision said:

In other words;

• Intuition over logic/thinking
  • Right-brained over left-brained
  • Heart over head 
  • Grounded over ungrounded 

What can I do to help live by these ideals?

I tend to think a lot, it gets me stuck in my head. 

Let go of those points listed. Be integral, integrate both heart and mind. Nothing needs to be over something. If you're an intellectual and wish to be more heart-centered, just explore your emotional side, but not with the mind, instead, flow with the feelings. 

On 2/14/2021 at 1:50 PM, Carl-Richard said:

I used to think so much that it was hard to get my attention. Then I meditated one time and my mind kinda fell apart. Now it's often hard to even think of anything :S

If it fell apart, pick up the pieces that belong to your liking. Choose what you put into your mind, don't get lost in your head.. 

If you meditated so much maybe it's time to go outside too and have some fresh air? But just in case you feel inclined to. Simplicity and minimalism helps also.

3 hours ago, Vision said:

@martins name

Is it the one by Anodea Judith?

Yes, however I can't fully endorse the book anymore since it missunderstands the 6th and 7th chakras, but its chapters on the other chakras are great. 

The road to God is paved with bliss.

1 hour ago, Aquarius said:

If you meditated so much maybe it's time to go outside too and have some fresh air?

I said I meditated one time xD

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.