AuthenticSelf

Is there a way to use Enlightenment to speed up life purpose journey?

17 posts in this topic

I've recently reached enlightenment via a combination of heroic doses of psychedelics + 6 months of Dark Night of the Soul after my last trip. It's both the best thing ever and not exactly as impressive as one might think. This video sums it up pretty well:

Problem is I still have to survive in the material world aka job. I have to fully engage the ego for that.

I understand concepts like Life Purpose, being a Strategic Motherfucker etc. Been applying them, but still feel like I'm not going fast enough. And it's even harder now, because I can see how much of a joke most things people including me do in a job setting. My life purpose is to lead a positive movement that drives humanity forward, currently it would be building a business in the renewable energy space.

I've struggled to really see any gains from reaching enlightenment though, the only one being maybe the ability to "let go" of any negative reaction within minutes - but not right in the moment, yet. 

Has anyone here got enlightenment first, and then used it to accelerate your life purpose? Would love to hear your stories and tips.

This video from a few years ago was good for answering my question, confirming a lot of my own findings. Thanks @Leo Gura. I hope you make an updated, or maybe life purpose specific version of applying benefits of enlightenment.

On 2/10/2021 at 4:14 PM, AuthenticSelf said:

not exactly as impressive as one might think.

Doesn't sound like you got it then.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Doesn't sound like you got it then.

I did. I will admit perhaps I sound unimpressed with my own enlightenment because I haven't yet satisfied my egoic goals. Trite, but even Buddha got to be a Prince first before his enlightenment. Yes it's absolutely incredible to feel bliss of being the infinite consciousness behind the ego, but after that... what? If I wanted to feel it I'd just off myself, rejoin the infinite consciousness and feel enlightenment for eternity. I don't understand - though respect their choice - people who shun the world and just mainly chill in their human enlightenment. I am driven to leave a dent in the egoic world with my life purpose, that's just the game I feel called for, being that the only meaning available in life is the one I give it.

@AuthenticSelf

In kindergarten there was not ego, survival, material world, life purpose, strategic mother fucker’s, your enlightenments, your benefits, jokes unseen, no responsibilities for no movements, no negative reactions, no confirmations - and you were AWAKE

As if samsara & suffering were not warm enough blankets for sleepers...dualities, paradigms of self referential thinking & the weight of the world.

Mind as well be an academic.  

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@AuthenticSelf

On 2/10/2021 at 8:14 PM, AuthenticSelf said:

Problem is I still have to survive in the material world aka job. I have to fully engage the ego for that.

If you still belive there is a you that has to surive, you have not grasped the Truth.

It seems you are thinking of enlightenment as an on-off switch type of thing, which it isn't. You could have had an enlightenment expirence, but it gets deeper. It is Infinite, let nothing less then total liberation from ego stop you.

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

35 minutes ago, OctagonOctopus said:

@AuthenticSelf

If you still belive there is a you that has to surive, you have not grasped the Truth.

It seems you are thinking of enlightenment as an on-off switch type of thing, which it isn't. You could have had an enlightenment expirence, but it gets deeper. It is Infinite, let nothing less then total liberation from ego stop you.

If that's the point why doesn't someone enlightened just off themselves and really join the infinite consciousness then? By default being inside a physical body requires some ego to survive like eating and shitting at the very minimum.

My answer is that since we're on earth inside the ego vehicles, we're meant to use them to the fullest, not get rid of them completely. That will happen after death regardless. In this thread I'm looking for ways to integrate my enlightenment into my ego and make it serve me better in the games I choose to play in the Maya.

@AuthenticSelf

Because an enlightened one is conscious that they are already dead, no-self. The point is to face death NOW, to face the truth that the ego is a fabrication that you are creating.

You are not "inside a physical body", You are boundless. 

The Truth will not serve you, you must aline yourself with the Truth and allow it to guide you. 

22 minutes ago, OctagonOctopus said:

@AuthenticSelf

Because an enlightened one is conscious that they are already dead, no-self. The point is to face death NOW, to face the truth that the ego is a fabrication that you are creating.

You are not "inside a physical body", You are boundless. 

The Truth will not serve you, you must aline yourself with the Truth and allow it to guide you. 

You are 'boundless' but you still have to eat and shit 9_9

I have zero fear of death, I experienced what happens after it on major psychedelic trips. Hence my earlier question to you of why don't enlightened people just off themselves and experience THAT, which is a million times better than earthly enlightenment. The answer is they still fear death, they aren't really sure what's on the other side of it, so they don't want to take that risk. I am 100% sure of what happens after death, and ironically because of it I choose to live this life to the fullest in the ego sense, because I know in this instance the infinite consciousness decided to inhabit this meatsack for a while INSTEAD of hanging out in its perfect blissful state of nothing, so I have to serve that universe-given purpose.

@AuthenticSelf  I totally accept that you have awakened to your true nature as infinite consciousness.

But you still seem to believe that enlightenment would make someone's life easier. It doesn't do that directly.

Rather, it enables one to love and enjoy the struggle and hardship more.

It's a beautiful game ;)

Disclaimer: I am not enlightened 

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

7 minutes ago, flowboy said:

@AuthenticSelf  I totally accept that you have awakened to your true nature as infinite consciousness.

But you still seem to believe that enlightenment would make someone's life easier. It doesn't do that directly.

Rather, it enables one to love and enjoy the struggle and hardship more.

It's a beautiful game ;)

Disclaimer: I am not enlightened 

I absolutely agree. I'm enlightened but I'm still working the same job as I was before - for now. No magic superpowers either :D. Hence why I created this thread to see how I can apply it to improve my egoic life. I can see how I kind of derailed my own thread by not making that more clear.

It's simply like acquiring a new lens for your life. I was asking other users of said lens on how to tune it best to enjoy the view. Is it a better lens than the default that my life came with? No question. I didn't know it was possible to feel bliss all the time, or on queue when you want it. I wasn't even looking for enlightenment. I don't mean to sound like I'm unappreciative of it, while others are still trying to achieve it. It's definitely possible for everyone seeking, and not even that hard in retrospect. It's one of those simple but not easy things.

@AuthenticSelf

Yes, not saying you don't, just the real You is not attached to it. 

Nothing is always here and now, infinite bliss is here and now, there is nothing to end. 
There is no where to go, there is not a difference between life & death. 
There isn't an after there is only Now. There is nothing outside Now.

On 2/11/2021 at 1:14 AM, AuthenticSelf said:

I've struggled to really see any gains from reaching enlightenment though, the only one being maybe the ability to "let go" of any negative reaction within minutes - but not right in the moment, yet.

I can do that too and I'm definitely not enlightened. When I took 100 ug of 1P LSD for the first time It was like a waking from the dream. Now even if I have a more intense trip I would hesitate to say that I have an ego death - I can no longer pinpoint a moment when it's happening. Especially if compare my 5 MeO state to LSD I feel unenlightened on the later.

I think it's rather gradual process.

On 2/11/2021 at 1:14 AM, AuthenticSelf said:

Has anyone here got enlightenment first, and then used it to accelerate your life purpose? Would love to hear your stories and tips.

If you are "enlightened" you will have less ego to fight with. I noticed a massive change since I stopped believing in my thoughts. I no longer have to deal with my stupid assumptions which were only fear based.

Assuming that 30% of your actions were based if you are able to let it go I will be much more efficient.

32 minutes ago, Username said:

I can do that too and I'm definitely not enlightened. When I took 100 ug of 1P LSD for the first time It was like a waking from the dream. Now even if I have a more intense trip I would hesitate to say that I have an ego death - I can no longer pinpoint a moment when it's happening. Especially if compare my 5 MeO state to LSD I feel unenlightened on the later.

I think it's rather gradual process.

It sounds like you're on the way there? I'd say enlightenment is half ability to go into observer mode at will, and half realizing the Truth which is that everything is infinite consciousness. Not logically, but feeling it on visceral level. 

I actually had a cool experience this past weekend, did shrooms for the first time in a while and while I was definitely tripping, it wasn't that much different from how my life feels now. Like my whole life is a trip nowdays.

36 minutes ago, Username said:

If you are "enlightened" you will have less ego to fight with. I noticed a massive change since I stopped believing in my thoughts. I no longer have to deal with my stupid assumptions which were only fear based.

Assuming that 30% of your actions were based if you are able to let it go I will be much more efficient.

Yes. I had a convo with a friend about this and wrote a few additional benefits:

1) Ability to let go almost immediately of any bad feeling / situation.

2) Ability to chameleon with people. Since you’re detached from ego, you can make it any way you want for other people. Shapeshifter without losing your deep identity.

3) Ability to think&act strategically. This is a huge one. Literally not caring about what anyone says or thinks, just following your path. Making moves you need to make. This is one successful people do anyway, but I feel like I can reach almost sociopathic levels of being strategic now.

4) Feeling of bliss to use for rest. This one is hard to explain, but I feel absolutely bulletproof, death doesn’t scare me, nothing anyone can do scares me, I see life as a game. I fully feel/embody knowing that this whole thing is a dreamstate and a game, absolutely nothing matters in the grand scheme of things, so you can do anything you want to do, strategically.

42 minutes ago, AuthenticSelf said:

It sounds like you're on the way there? I'd say enlightenment is half ability to go into observer mode at will, and half realizing the Truth which is that everything is infinite consciousness. Not logically, but feeling it on visceral level. 

I actually had a cool experience this past weekend, did shrooms for the first time in a while and while I was definitely tripping, it wasn't that much different from how my life feels now. Like my whole life is a trip nowdays.

Now tripping is rather shift in an energetical state, I do not experience very significant change in activity of the ego. When I tripped for the first time there was a very clear cut between being enlightened or not.

During past two years I shifted from thinking to observing my energetical state. My decisions are better because I am addressing my needs directly. I also had my dark night of the stuff a couple years ago. I was thinking a lot about death and suicide. I felt like a failure and I sort of accepted this situation. This took off pressure from me. If you don't care about your life you can do whatever you want!

I consider myself unenlightened mostly because of energetical impurity. My mind isn't getting triggered easily (ideology etc.) but there are MANY MANY MANY small annoyances.

If there is any way to determine enlightenment, it would be ability to sustain observation without interruption. When you just observe you are awakened.

42 minutes ago, AuthenticSelf said:

Yes. I had a convo with a friend about this and wrote a few additional benefits:

1) Ability to let go almost immediately of any bad feeling / situation.

2) Ability to chameleon with people. Since you’re detached from ego, you can make it any way you want for other people. Shapeshifter without losing your deep identity.

3) Ability to think&act strategically. This is a huge one. Literally not caring about what anyone says or thinks, just following your path. Making moves you need to make. This is one successful people do anyway, but I feel like I can reach almost sociopathic levels of being strategic now.

4) Feeling of bliss to use for rest. This one is hard to explain, but I feel absolutely bulletproof, death doesn’t scare me, nothing anyone can do scares me, I see life as a game. I fully feel/embody knowing that this whole thing is a dreamstate and a game, absolutely nothing matters in the grand scheme of things, so you can do anything you want to do, strategically.

I think that it also fit well to Turquoise or unitive stage. Everything is illusionary, there is nothing to get, there is no way to be shamed. Now decision are based on existential needs not complicated thought constructs. Love live is also better because that person is you, so you can always reach them inside of you.