Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Preety_India

An exercise in Self Awareness

12 posts in this topic

A simple exercise for greater self awareness

Insights - insights during reflection or contemplation or from other people. 

Purpose - are you fulfilling your purpose? 

Ideas - creative ideas, suggestions tips 

observations-- make observations of personal behavior and outcome and progress 

realizations  - any new? 

Report - learn to report more often. Use a log 

feedback - give feedback on whatever you have learned or whether strategies implemented were useful. 

QUESTION - question everything. Prepare already set questionnaires. Preset questionnaires or impromptu.

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

This will definitely come handy 

On 12/18/2020 at 4:39 AM, seeking_brilliance said:

Stop what you are doing right now!

That's right, stop. ? Now.

Now press play on one of these tracks if desired, or you can play any music you'd like: 

Ok, now....

Place all awareness on this text and limit all 'mind movies' only to what you're reading.

Good.  Melt into this thread. Nothing else matters. You are here, now.

Relax...there is nowhere else to be...

This is your daily check in.  For the next few minutes, please place all attention on what is happening RIGHT NOW.

For example, right now you are reading this text. In fact, you are now one with the text, as it penetrates deep into your focused mind, creating a dream of presence, grounding you into the present moment

Feel deeply as the music swells in anticipation of your next breath.  With each breath you relax deeper and become more and more aware of the present moment.

Breathing in..  

?1 2 3 4 5?

And out.... 

?1 2 3 4 5 6 7?

Good, you are here. Now.

Welcome. 

Now add to your awareness the feeling of your skin. Is the environment warm, or cool?
Feel the outer layer of your skin, wherever you feel it.

Notice the thought - - Skin-- as you feel it. Is the thought 'skin' separate from the feeling 'of it'? Do you even know what skin is?

Follow thought, and ask yourself

What is skin?

Who told me what skin is? 

Now forget all that and just feel the skin. For the purposes of this check in, it's merely the thing you've always believed it was. 

Good, now let's continue.

Starting from the toes, feel more and more of the skin until you can feel your entire body.

Breathe slowly and just feel the toes.... 

... Up to your knees.. 

.... Breathe in.... 

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

(Up to your torso...) 

.... Breathe out.... 

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Your chest, shoulders, and arms.... 

Up your neck and the full head.... 

Just feel. 

Now, slowly bring the awareness of your skin inwards. Deeper and deeper until you can feel all of your body, inside and out. Very good. 

Just breathe and feel it. If you lose this full body awareness, start back on the outer layer of skin and work inwards again. Hold this awareness until instructed to let go. 

Whether you see it or not, a bright golden light is flowing from this text and into your body, energising it with love.

Breathe in slowly and deeply.  Your bated breath and the golden light of love floods every cell,  wrapping you in a warm and fuzzy blanket. 

Feeling your entire body, notice the thought - - body-- is arising. Is this thought separate from the feeling of your body? Can you separate the thought from the body? 

Not just the word body you hear in your mind, but any other thought which is hiding as 'the body'. Not all thoughts are words. 

Ask yourself - what is a body?

(let an answer arise, if it does) 

Who said there is a body?

(take time to search for the core of this belief) 

??????????‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

Now add to this awareness your surroundings. Whatever is in direct experience, expand this awareness to include it. If it helps, look for the line between yourself, body and outer experience. Keep expanding this awareness until you find it. 

Expand as you breath in... 

?????

And hold your place as you breathe out. 

???????

In.... (Imagine you are expanding more...)

?????

And out.... 

???????

Pick any object you can see, and try to feel it. Just like feeling your toes, place the awareness sensation on this object. 

... In ?????

Now try to expand this awareness into your entire field of view, similar to when you could feel your whole body. 

.... Out ???????

Ask yourself, what is this? 

... In ?????

Who told me what this is? 

... And out ???????

Who said there is a body, or not? 

?????????

Where is the line? 

?

?
?
?
?
?
?

?

?

?

?.... And now let it all go. ?

Breathe and relax.  Feel this body...

.... and then let go of that too. 

Notice the phrase of thought - 'let it go' --- can you separate it from the 'action' of letting go? If there were no thought of letting go, would there be any such 'letting go?' 

Can you let go without thinking? 

Just feel. Feel what remains without labels, and concepts. What remains?

Whatever you find, let it go.

Whatever you are feeling, let it go. 

Let go of feeling. 

And of letting go. 

The last thread of attention is on these last few words... 

?

❤️

{silence} 

---------------------------------------------

To complete this check in, think back to what you were doing right before this thread was opened.   Each time you perform this daily check in, please answer the questions below  (whichever ones you wish) by leaving a comment: (or simply post with 'check in'

1.What where you doing before the thread was opened? Anything important? 

2. How did you get to where you are now? 

3. Do you really know if you were doing anything before opening this thread?

4. If applicable, what did you block out to focus on the check in? 

5. What is now, compared to before? 

6. Who am I? 

5. Is this a dream? 

-----------------------------

Further questions presented by @Preety_India

8. Am I more focused now than before? 

9. On a scale of 1 to 10, (10 being the strongest) what is my focus level today or now? 

10. Can I let go everything in this moment? How does it feel when I let go? 

11. Am I aware of my body and mind and spirit? Are they all aligned to my inner sense of purpose and direction in life? 

Harnessing spiritual energy to get stuff done 

Material energy versus Spritual energy. 

I worked so hard I deserve some rest. 

Member Raphael here helps me a lot with self awareness.. 

Daily Self awareness. 

Ask a bunch of questions to yourself 

• Did I get this job done 
  • What did I want to focus on today? 
  • What did u accomplish today? 
  • What is my plan today? 
  • Did I report in correctly? 
  • Am I keeping a track of time? 
  • How am I spending my time right now (productive or distracted) 
  • What can I be doing right now that can add value to my life? 
  • What are the goals for this week? 
  • How much am I implementing of whatever I'm consuming or learning? 
  • Am  I really learning? 
  • Am I having a sense of closure? 
  • Do I have a fixed framework to organize my life around? 

So ask yourself these questions so that you have a track of your time, a track of your activity, a grip of your time, a grip of your activity. 

Keep an activity log and keep a time log. 

Or are you simply wandering like a leaf, scattered brain? 

Learn better. Be better. Don't make the same  mistakes again or you'll be a fool. 

Learn something new everyday such that it is useful to your life. It benefits you. Does it benefit your self development? Ask yourself, why am I doing this? 

Learn to hop to the next plane Everytime. From your lower plane to the higher plane. At every plane you need to show greater awareness, maturity and intelligence.. 

Always try to come to a point of closure because the mind has a nagging need to distract itself. 

4xbgtc.gif

The key aspect would be how to integrate different spiritual components into my life along with the materialistic components. 

How to integrate everything into my schedule 

Edited by Preety_India

Spend your day in organizing and structuring things. 

I like how this woman speaks 

?️?️?️?️?️?️?️?️?️?️?️?️?️

?️?️?️?️?️?️?️?️?️?️?️?️?️

Is this information currently relevant to what I want to get done? 

Is this action/reaction currently relevant to what I want to get done? 

Increase focus and reduce distractions. 

☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️

Sometimes you have to ask yourself how much am I putting in (in terms of general distraction) and how much am I receiving (in terms of personal growth)? 

☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️

Because questioning and questionnaire is going to be a big part of self awareness!!

☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️

One basic question to ask yourself while doing anything is "what am I accomplishing while doing this?" and if you're not accomplishing anything it's important to stop doing what you're doing to stop feeding the distraction cycle. And if you feel like you are really going to accomplish something, (Btw this is your just your anticipation and expectation, not necessarily the outcome) then by all means invest a measured amount of time and effort into it, but anywhere along the way you get a whiff that things aren't going as you thought and you are likely going to be ending up accomplishing nothing despite your anticipation and it would be wiser for you to cut losses and cut corners and come back to doing something more essential and useful to your goals. 

Try to streamline your actions to suit your goals. 

Edited by Preety_India

☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️

In order to organize life successfully, you should also know what you really want. 

Do some inner connection exercises to know get to know the inner self and psyche well. 

☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️

The problem that I deal with is that I don't have or at least I think I don't have sharp mental skills and I suffer because of that. 

I think one way to beat this issue is to play games that increase mental acuity and alertness, sharpness, increase grasping power and concentration and increase memory. 

I'm going to do that and a host of other things that will improve not only my cognitive skills but add to intellectual expansion. 

I also want to improve my communication and articulation and contemplation skills and get better at deep insightful and deep reasoning based thinking. 

Gonna read some books and work on basic mental skills 

Another thing on my list is to know what real spirituality is? 

The definition of spirituality keeps changing and I want to incorporate and integrate every definition of spirituality in my life. 

I want to embrace all forms and ways of being spiritual in my life. That was always my main focus. 

I want to know what spiritual healing really means so that I can effectively pursue it and make it a concrete part of my life. The definition of anything spiritual has always been wishy washy, vague, and unclear. 

☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️

The other thing that I'm going to focus on is OTM and condensed learning. 

☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️

Not only should you know what you really want(in a basic way) but also make a laundry list of things that you would like to know more about or things that are sitting unresolved or new things that you might have wanted to explore in your free time or anything that's been bothering you about your personal growth. 

☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️. 

Remember that making friends is less of an associative process but more of an elimination process. Don't be scared to reject those who don't resonate. 

I'm also going to focus on improving and developing critical survival skills, both physical and mental survival. And emotional survival as well. 

Maybe the clue to all the metaphysical/ spiritual activity in the world might in physical things. 

Will work on Upgrading my survival arsenal and learning critical life skills 

Edited by Preety_India

So how is my self awareness going? 

I don't see a huge difference yet. 

I still have "scattered" issues.