electroBeam

A recontextualization of Desire

73 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Sex is still a desire I have not figured out. It's so powerful and intoxicating. I see few spiritual masters have conquered it even in their 60s.

I think Osho mastered it. He was never in a relationship, despite having to sit in front of young sexy girls for several decades. Look at this picture:

Forget the video. This picture shows how semi naked women would close all physical gap between them, and despite many years of that, he successfully remained celibate. I highly doubt someone as famous as him could hide a sexual relationship.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Sex is still a desire I have not figured out. It's so powerful and intoxicating. I see few spiritual masters have conquered it even in their 60s.

It gets easier as one ages due to changing hormones and decreased sex drive. Yet some guys 60+ are still captivated by it. 

I would say spiritual masters are in a unique environment. Their stature may allow for younger women to be attracted to them. And the spiritual master may be able to get away with it without much consequence. That is very different than 60+ men living in a Florida retirement home that doesn't encounter or attract many women. And different than a 60+ college professor that is around a lot of younger women, yet would face serious consequences if he slept with one. 

the problem with sex, the desire of desires, is that it is often corrupt in its essence. it depends on beauty, youth, it is utilization for satisfaction, ego. And deeply show power. prevalence of your genes. of course there is a pure and generous sex, but that's not what we are talking about. Sex is the most tempting thing that exists, but I think it is a great ally of the ego, one of the strongest

8 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@electroBeam

Pretty much. Why dilute yourself with thinking what is abundant in feeling...kinda comment. Just be wet. That’s where all the insights & epiphanies arise anywho. 

agree! Just like to make sure there's no sneaky shit going unchecked.

4 minutes ago, electroBeam said:

agree! Just like to make sure there's no sneaky shit going unchecked.

That’s all we have. Lol xD

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

4 hours ago, How to be wise said:

I think Osho mastered it. He was never in a relationship, despite having to sit in front of young sexy girls for several decades. Look at this picture:

Forget the video. This picture shows how semi naked women would close all physical gap between them, and despite many years of that, he successfully remained celibate. I highly doubt someone as famous as him could hide a sexual relationship.

What crack are you smoking?

Osho was a playboy. He probably banged 3 new groupies every night. He certainly didn't transcend or master sexual desire. He indulged it like a rockstar.

If I did that, you guys would call me a devil cult leader charlatan.

4 hours ago, Forestluv said:

It gets easier as one ages due to changing hormones and decreased sex drive. Yet some guys 60+ are still captivated by it. 

I would say spiritual masters are in a unique environment. Their stature may allow for younger women to be attracted to them. And the spiritual master may be able to get away with it without much consequence. That is very different than 60+ men living in a Florida retirement home that doesn't encounter or attract many women. And different than a 60+ college professor that is around a lot of younger women, yet would face serious consequences if he slept with one. 

Of course hormones play a role. But that's not really fair either. Yeah, it's easy to "transcend" sexual desire by cutting your balls off. But that's not really a transcendence of desire, that's just tuning your body to stop producing the desire. That's like saying I have transcend my desire for dick -- simply by virtue of the fact that I wasn't born gay. By that logic I am a master of transcending the desire for dick. It never even arises for me. But do I really deserve credit for that?

And furthermore, to say that one has transcended sexual desire simply because one has no sexual opportunities, is also a kind of cheat. The real test is when a hot girl rubs her ass in your lap and you are still able to say no.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

18 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Osho was a playboy. He probably banged 3 new groupies every night. He certainly didn't transcend or master sexual desire. He indulged it like a rockstar.

Can I ask what your source is?

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

3 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

Sheila (Osho's #2) openly talked about how she would gather up groupies for Osho to bang.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

Sheila (Osho's #2) openly talked about how she would gather up groupies for Osho to bang.

But wouldn’t that damage his image? I expect that most gurus want to be seen as a Jesus-like saint, so people would respect them. 

21 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Sheila

@Leo Gura

And why do you trust Shelia O.o

Edited by Yali

The desire not to desire?

If desire occurs that's what's happening simple as that.

Maybe the idea that it's causing "a someone" to suffer is the real issue. ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Buy yourself a fapmaster 6009 fleshlight flike a real man ?

Also certain diets lower libido drastically, which can be a good thing. For me, keto/ low carb does that but whatever works for you.

Also maybe some combined water fasting / celebacy cycles work at spacing out desire to orgasm

Those are my 2 cents? but you know you

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

1 hour ago, How to be wise said:

Osho taught to embrace materialism.

2 hours ago, Nahm said:

That’s all we have. Lol xD

how are we meant to grow with that pessimism ;)

It is possible to transcend sexual desires. It needs effort. 

But if you placed a piece of chocolate in front of me, mhmm it's not possible to transcend eating that. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Desire arises from a sense of lack. If the object of desire is obtained, then a temporary sense of fullfillment,contentment,peace (i.e, happiness) is experienced,only to find out later on that what you thought would finally fulfill you, didn't live up to the imagined idea or expectation you thought it would. So, the search is on again. It's only beacause you think you're somebody and/or something, that the idea that somebody or something will finally bring you happiness. The attainment of the object, and the subsequent contentment/happiness experienced, is not from the object. It is the fullfillment of the imagined idea of the object and the imagined idea of the contentment it would bring. Once obtained, the object eventually just becomes another object,proving that the object of desire was not the reason for your happiness. It was the temporary fulfillment of a grandiose and compulsive idea created in the mind. No object of desire,and this includes relationships, will ever live up to the expectations "you'" (itself a created idea/imagination) created of it. 
An idea of an idea.

Desire itself isn't really the enemy,it's the attachment and expectation you've created around it that is the culprit. If a desire arises and you can honestly say it's ok whether it is obtained or not,then desire is no longer a problem.

Edited by Guru Fat Bastard