Schahin

Jnana yoga and bhakti yoga, video or book recomendations?

7 posts in this topic

Hello dear people

Are there Any good videos illustrations or books to start the path of jnana yoga or bhakti yoga or even karma yoga? 

Greetings 

For bhakti yoga you can try reading KRSNA The supreme personality of godhead by Swami Prabhupada. 

9 hours ago, Schahin said:

Thank you @Swarnim

That sounds like an interesting read

I would like to tell you that, that book doesn't explain HOW to do bhakti yoga or anything about it. It just explains the pastimes of krishna for bhakti yoga purposes. I think point of bhakti yoga is to love so much, lean so much, that you end up falling over and surrendering yourself onto whatever archetypical energy you worship.  I tried bhakti yoga with Ganesha, by singing a Mantra. And really feeling into it to a point, that I really was calling Ganesha, asking him to dissolve me into him. I think if we do that consistently, there might come a point where you actually end up tipping over and die. Which is liberation I suppose 

From what I have gathered so far, it is purely feeling based and skips over all the thinking and contemplating. It cuts right through the bulllshit inside of you and goes straight for that ultimate dissolution. I guess this is what Sadhguru meant when he said that Devi burns away all your nonsense and cuts right through it. However, problem I see with this, is you dont really comprehend much and end up just dissolved. So even after you are liberated, you won't be much of help to someone else who also wants to be liberated. I mean it won't really matter to you I suppose. But you'll still hold dogma and other traps if you want to help someone else. It's just that, feeling wise, you are now liberated and dissolved.

Edited by Swarnim

Bhakti yoga is the most beautiful spiritual practice.

If done 'correctly', bhakti yoga can be quite potent.

If I remember right Sadhguru said it's the quickest way to mahasamadhi. His wife did mahasamdhi as a result of bhakti yoga.