Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ucan99

Sensations, Intensifications and Flow of Power to the Brain During Meditation

2 posts in this topic

Hello everybody,

I want to talk about something new and exciting that I experienced, and want your creative opinions. Today I started my meditation by focusing on breath and maintaining peripheral awareness. Then I decided to try being one with the environment and focus on my body. I lessened the power of the focus on my breath. After I focused on my body as a whole with a big portion of my power of consciousness for 10 secs, I felt a powerful flow of energy to my brain(also can be called as feeling of rising, intensification). Then my state of consciousness changed(I think my overall power of consciousness increased.). When I gave attention to my body in a certain way(I dont know how exactly) I could achieve this. I experienced these set of sensations and intensifications in my brain twice in my last session. In addition, I had the need to breath more deeply and often. I did not gain insights from these. What do you think happened? Did my overall power of consciousness increase? How can this benefit my mind, because although this was not even close to awakening, it felt good, unfamiliar and exciting?

@ucan99 I think this is related to Yoga and the Chakras. Perhaps you have a natural talent for that. 

Research the meditative yogas, you’ll probably get a lot from it.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie