BlackMaze

What should be the enlightened person's realationship with its personality?

31 posts in this topic

As i understand it everyone is born different. Different genetics for example and from birth each one tends to have a certain personality. Of course an ego is formed along the way and it's this sense of self that is an illusion. If someone is free from identification with the ego is he/she also free from his unique personality? What is the right balance there? Can someone function in this world and be successful for example without a healthy dose of ego or without embracing the character traits or tendencies he is born with (personality)? 

The personality is not the ego. Only the traits that are based on fears and emotional reactions will disappear. The ego is the part of us that is seeking and believing in things that aren't real.

Edited by Seraphim

The personality will not diminish but will purified. More as a benevolent king.

The mind will always reconstruct itself in some way so I don’t believe one can be 100% egoless. 

The path will be more enjoyable and flowing rather than resisting and attached.

And regarding to success, what does it mean to you?

1 hour ago, Heaven said:

And regarding to success, what does it mean to you?

Being in accordance with one's values, being a creator and create value, help other people and not having to work for a boss ever again. 

What you said makes sense and i agree. What i'm not sure about and the reason i'm asking this question is that i'm not sure that without an ego the values will stay in place. Maybe it won't matter anymore. Maybe creating a business will not be a priority. Maybe even my health won't be a priority. In this way i consider it dangerous. This is my ego making sure that my life will work just fine without it. All i'm doing is trying to understand if i even want to go deep with this work. 

@Nahm i assume you mean that there are no persons at all? From the perspective of someone that believes that other persons are real as myself there is an enlightened person not because they say they are but because you can see it in their eyes and from the way they act. How does one realize that other persons are not real? I don't mean their ego but their physical form as well as all physical forms. Does something being imaginery necessarily mean that it's not real? Do i mental masturbate too much? Will it even lead somewhere if i do? 

34 minutes ago, BlackMaze said:

@Nahm i assume you mean that there are no persons at all?

Inspect assumptions, vs projecting meaning. 9_9

From the perspective of someone that believes that other persons are real as myself there is an enlightened person not because they say they are but because you can see it in their eyes and from the way they act.

“perspective of someone” is an assumption. Inspect. Don’t make a home of ignorance, stand for what is actual, what is True, or you’ll fall for everything! You’ll be be-lieving truth, just to assume there are enlightened people. xD The moment you stop being ‘the one who can see if someone else is enlightened’, you’re inspecting, scrutinizing, uncovering your assumptions about what you’re saying. 

How does one realize that other persons are not real?

Taking attention off someone’s, and returning it to yourself, seeing what you really are. Such as Self Inquiry. Inspecting assumptions & beliefs. 

I don't mean their ego but their physical form as well as all physical forms.

Physical forms could be in a dream and without inspecting, you wouldn’t even notice. 

Does something being imaginery necessarily mean that it's not real?

Up to the source of meaning. 

Do i mental masturbate too much?

If that question is ever asked, the answer is always yes. 

Will it even lead somewhere if i do? 

Yes. To “enlightened people”. 

“Enlightened people” is like some kind of addiction round here! Rather ironic, isn’t it?  xD

What is the only “thing” you could never know the first iota about?  

Tell me something about yourself that is absolutely true... I’ll be here eating popcorn for eternity with George. 

popcorn-eating-gif.gif?w=480

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Separate colors don't exist without the white light illuminating them. Red reflects/ rejects red wavelength light and looks red, it absorbs all other colors. Separation, like in the example of color, within creation and appreciation is wholeness. It works the same with personality. Misunderstood, felt separation and personality for the maintenance of suffering is a false feeling of separation. True personality exists within the act of expression and conscious interaction. Depression and repression are the act of holding on to the personality as an idea of oneself, when personality is something we give off, like light. It's for giving. There aren't two of you. There's no one that can know the other. That's why when you're in the creative flow, "dancing like no one is watching", you feel awesome. You're not even there, you're one with everything. But when you're self aware you split yourself in two, wonder why you fall on your ass and then to add insult to injury blame yourself for it. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

No one is free from ego. The someone you think will be free of ego is ego.

Enlightenment, freedom, liberation, awakening, are all a part of the dream.

The need for answers is a part of the dream.

That there is a dream is a part of the dream. 

32 minutes ago, traveler said:

No one is free from ego. The someone you think will be free of ego is ego.

Enlightenment, freedom, liberation, awakening, are all a part of the dream.

The need for answers is a part of the dream.

That there is a dream is a part of the dream. 

I think you have twisted understanding of what ego is, it seems you think actions = ego, non action = ego. 

It might be true that  when you transcend ego you just move up a ladder , but it is just ladder of human form, but it does not disqualify lose of ego you had before. 

18 hours ago, BlackMaze said:

What is the right balance there? Can someone function in this world and be successful for example without a healthy dose of ego or without embracing the character traits or tendencies he is born with (personality)? 

Well, the problem is the shadow and its projection.  The ego "parts" are going to be there before and after enlightenment.  Before enlightenment there is relatively little shadow integration.  The ego parts are "on an island" -- it is a rigid defense architecture.

When there's integration you've built a bridge to the shadow/unconscious, so there's less polarization/more integration.

In other words, you have begun to accept qualities and roles beyond those rigidly conditioned by your upbringing (and perhaps including genetic inclinations.)  You've begun to seriously step outside your comfort zone.

People use the word "ego" in different ways.  Often, they use it to mean something like "assertiveness" or pursuing one's interests.

There's nothing wrong with that as long as it is done in an integrated, healthy manner.  The problem is not getting what you want, but having it be harmonious with other factors (such as not having it be jarringly anti-social, e.g.)  It is about balance, not either/or, black/white.  Anyone that tells you it's some extreme, like giving up X, is engaging in that type of black-or-white thinking.  Integration is harmonious, not renunciative.

It's fair game after Awakening.. anything can occur.

Typically a lot of rigidness of life is loosened up or let go of.

There can still seem to be a conditioned character that may prefer coffee over tea, it's the inner peace and satisfaction which is key ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

The idea that you “should” be something comes 100% from ego lol. You as God are literally everything. This includes every “evil” person or action. Do you only see unicorns and Saints walking around? Every spiritual or religious organization that says you should act a certain way is 100% co-opted by the ego. They entice people into the doors with the benefits of God in order to brainwash people to follow their ego’s idea of right and wrong. God doesn’t give a FUCK. Everything is literally the highest Good already. Wake up God, and stop letting that single human bully you around. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

On 2/9/2021 at 6:36 PM, BlackMaze said:

Being in accordance with one's values, being a creator and create value, help other people and not having to work for a boss ever again. 

What you said makes sense and i agree. What i'm not sure about and the reason i'm asking this question is that i'm not sure that without an ego the values will stay in place. Maybe it won't matter anymore. Maybe creating a business will not be a priority. Maybe even my health won't be a priority. In this way i consider it dangerous. This is my ego making sure that my life will work just fine without it. All i'm doing is trying to understand if i even want to go deep with this work. 

Health will still be a priority because without health you can’t fully express your love. Same with your business and also as a human your mind will never let you stay hungry?

9 hours ago, Heaven said:

Health will still be a priority because without health you can’t fully express your love. Same with your business and also as a human your mind will never let you stay hungry?

I wouldn't be so sure. For example someone here once mentioned that Alan Watts was an alcoholic. Maybe this is not true i don't know. The fact is that you are not identified with your physical body anymore so i don't see any guarantee existing that you would care for it. Never heard about those ultra enlightened people that are so blissed out that they don't even bother eating anymore? 

2 hours ago, BlackMaze said:

I wouldn't be so sure. For example someone here once mentioned that Alan Watts was an alcoholic. Maybe this is not true i don't know. The fact is that you are not identified with your physical body anymore so i don't see any guarantee existing that you would care for it. Never heard about those ultra enlightened people that are so blissed out that they don't even bother eating anymore? 

People who have not faced deficits to survival because of awakening aren’t very awake in my opinion. It’s a common thing after full God-Realization for me to throw my phone across the room in an attempt to break it or flat out smash it to pieces. This is just one small example out of many things. If you’re actively trying to preserve your body, possessions, reputation, and pretty much anything else that makes up your ego, you’re still not awake to the fullest degrees. Last I saw Alan Watts drank himself to death. He never claimed to be awakened though from any of the talks I’ve heard. He always referred to himself as more of a spiritual commentator. I wouldn’t doubt that his spiritual understanding and experiences could have contributed to alcoholism or suicide though. I’ve certainly experienced many dark night of the soul problems that have been potentially worsened by awakening. 

Edited by BipolarGrowth

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY