Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Stefan Heuer

HELP

11 posts in this topic

Guys im so deeply confused about leo's teachings (like "Why brains dont exist" & "making sense of paranormal phenomena" )and there is just way too much videos for me to know where to start. In this case I cant connect teachings like: there is no self but there is also no external world(everything being a hallucination/perception) and stuff like: yes, there probably exist immaterial souls (my interpretation of leo saying we might have lived many different lifes)  (video: outrageous experiments in consciousness 30 Awakenings in 30 days) and I might have lived many different lifes but after death there is only nothingness forever. What I also dont understand is how idealism should solve the mind body problem (because stuff still feels solid and my brothers or dogs body is hurt when I punch them) and I havent found much value on this forum either. Also how does besided the mindbody dualism the semantic dualism of nothing and everything collapse? And how is the dualism of my perspective of planet earth versus my brothers perspective of planet earth collapse? Also what does general & special theory of relativity and Quantum Electro Dynamics mean for my thoughts, my actions and the following linear consequences like my mothers, the planet earth's (The fossil record tells us that life on Earth has lasted at least 3.5 billion years ->implies science has taken measurments of the external world and predictions say that in 2 billion years our ocean will be boiling due to the swelling of our sun) or my death? Also I recently took an MRI-Scan, Shouldnt this prove the existance of my skull on planet earth?

Can someone give me a model of reality, the world, humans and myself including this empitness/void/nothingness everyone is talking about and also explain me the here stated paradoxes? 

Please be very concrete if possible, 90 % of the stuff I read here I dont really understand. You'd be my hero.

THanks in adavance

@Stefan Heuer I'm still wrapping my head around it too. Basically all of reality is happening in God's imagination. Even the physical world. Because of this, its not real. None of it ever happened or could possibly happen. It's nothing at all. God is having a human experience in it's own mind. Physicality only is possible because reality is infinite nothingness in the first place. The problem with science, hitting other people, is that it's all contextual and takes place within the dream. But because we have forgotten we are God, it all seems so real. It's kind of like saying "Well, if its a dream then how come all this dream stuff is happening?" I found the Book Labyrinths Of Reason's opening pages really useful. The dreamer is beyond any individual person or ego, its a universal dreamer. God has forever to do whatever.  Forgetting is a virtue. God wants to explore itself and get to know itself through its limitations. How else would god experience what it's like to be mortal unless it used it's immortal power to experience that? Only an immortal could be a mortal. It's a paradox. The only thing that can be immortal is nothing. Nothing can be anything. You are experiencing a sliver of that anything nothing right now!

I don't know about the multiple lives thing. Other than you actually don't live any lives. 

The fact that anything exists at all is hard for the materialist mind to wrap itself around. once you catch a glimpse of eternity and infinity it starts making more sense. Honestly I am still a newbie on this path.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

17 minutes ago, Stefan Heuer said:

Can someone give me a model of reality, the world, humans and myself including this empitness/void/nothingness everyone is talking about and also explain me the here stated paradoxes?

Yes, but that would be a dualist model... which isn't what you're asking.

Your perspective is a bit naive and could perhaps be improved by integrating the views of the idealists on this forum. But as far as I can tell, idealists have so far failed to produce satisfactory answers to your questions so I wouldn't hold my breath.

To be completely honest, a lot of the questions get answered by the dualist model. 

But to each his own. I'm not going to argue on this topic because it's another rabbit hole. 

My point is do what makes you most efficient and spiritual on this planet. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

2 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

To be completely honest, a lot of the questions get answered by the dualist model.

And there is so far as I can tell nothing that you can do with idealism that you can't also do with dualism...

1 hour ago, Stefan Heuer said:

s how idealism should solve the mind body problem (because stuff still feels solid and my brothers or dogs body is hurt when I punch them)

This is perhaps the most common attempted rebuke of Idealism. Dr. Samuel Johnson attempted to debunk George Berkeley, one of the most famous Idealist philosophers, by going to a stone, kicking it, and proclaiming “I refute it thus”. A logical fallacy called Appeal to the stone is named after this incident.

Idealism actually states that YES it feels real, it is real! But it is all mind. The rock is mind, the pain is mind. All is mind.

implies science has taken measurments of the external world

Idealism does not state that measurements cannot be made. Your mind (ego-mind) is a small branch that exists in the MIND AT LARGE which we call the external world, so to speak. Who are the ones making these measurements? Scientists? Scientists are conscious beings and conscious beings experience nothing outside of mind.

lso I recently took an MRI-Scan, Shouldnt this prove the existance of my skull on planet earth?

An MRI scan is an instrument used within the mind. Ask yourself, have you experienced an MRI scan outside your consciousness? It is an instrument INSIDE the mind. That does not mean it isn't true. It also doesn't mean that instruments prove the existence of an external world outside consciousness. It is like using a microscope. Yes you are using instruments, but you see it with your own eyes. The instrument is just an extension of your eye, can you see what I am saying? See it, with your Mind's Eye.

Excerpt from Bernardo Kastrup's book Why Materialism Is Baloney; the logical case for idealism

"Materialism requires the following four statements about reality to be true:

1. Your conscious perceptions exist;
  2. The conscious perception of other living entities, different from yours, also exist.
  3. There are things that exist independently of, and outside, conscious perception;
  4. Things that exist independently of, and outside, conscious perception generate conscious perception. "

Statement 1 is the one thing you can always 100% KNOW.

It is reasonable to assume that statement 2 is TRUE because other conscious beings act like you. Solipsism IMO requires more explanation to explain why conscious beings exist and act the way they do. However, it an inference and you cannot know 100%. It is unlikely that other beings are like robots that just look conscious when they are not, so statement 2 is PROBABLY LIKELY TRUE.

"Statement 4 is even worse. It postulates that things you can never know are actually responsible for the only thing you can be absolutely sure to exist: your own consciousness."

I recommend reading the book, it will elucidate your confusion.

@commie Well, obviously thats why he is asking..?

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@Stefan Heuer Are you new to these teachings? Best to stick with the softer stuff at first. But then again, you seem very interested in "getting it," which makes me think spirituality will be your friend!

The easiest way to "make sense" of it is to do lots of practices (meditation, shamanic breathing, psychedelics, etc.).

A lot of people are going to want to sell you theories and models, which are neat, cool, and helpful, but ultimately are NOT "it." 

3 hours ago, Stefan Heuer said:

I havent found much value on this forum either.

I only began to value the forum after doing some self-actualization, which made it easier to relate to what I was reading here.

The only 2 things that are super important to remember are

1: do not dis-believe Leo [or anyone else]

And 2: do not believe Leo [or anyone else]

Both are extremely important. There is truth to find, but it must be found by you. 

If your able to remember those two things, your Gona save yourself a lot of time. Contemplate what it means to neither believe nor dis-believe what anyone and everyone says. Especially Leo. 

(PS: When confused, allow the mind to become more simple. In science and physics, the smaller and simpler you get, the more profound and massive the topics get until you get to the singularity which is Everything. How much simpler could you get.)

Edited by Aaron p