Twega

Spiral Dynamics BOOK

29 posts in this topic

The Spiral Wizard section was written better. There is a chapter on each stage. They go well with Leo’s video series.   

@Twega  Would you say that the book has brought new info and insights to light?  I've had this notion that the book may be simply rehashing all what Leo talks about and nothing really new will come from it.  

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The purpose is to underscore the entitlement and wrong expectation of life to be easy and served up to you on silver platter.

Nothing personal. But you guys gotta toughen up.

Your grandparents where shot at in WWII, and you are complaining about how boring a book is. And you expect me to coddle you on this? Embrace the challenges of self-development.

Kids these days expect everything to be easy.

Daddy Leo scolding the hell out of Kids. xD

Edited by Abdelghafar
Grammar

On 09/02/2021 at 1:12 PM, Leo Gura said:

The purpose is to underscore the entitlement and wrong expectation of life to be easy and served up to you on silver platter.

Nothing personal. But you guys gotta toughen up.

Your grandparents where shot at in WWII, and you are complaining about how boring a book is. And you expect me to coddle you on this? Embrace the challenges of self-development.

Kids these days expect everything to be easy.

I believe your intentions are good and appreciate it. 

However, were you present in WWII? I don't think just taking psychedelics in a controlled environment makes someone tough.

There weren't just some standards met, that's why it was boring. It is the same as you would say "fuck every random girl out there so you have something to fuck. Because in the stone age, girls had also bad breath and deformed heads."

If something is not well written, there can also be better materials so one has not to unnecessary struggle with it.

Edited by IAmReallyImportant

You can derive it from simple logic

Left means not right

Funny story.

a couple years back I had a book club with some friends. One by one we could choose a personal development book. When it was my turn, I choose the spiral dynamics book.

We didn’t make it more than a couple chapters in before the book club fell apart.

???

Realizeyourgrowth.com

Yeah if it existed back then it would have been done for stage blue. But it didn't. Rn breast implants are done mostly from stage orange. Is what I think the book is tryna get at. Chinese people tying foot is more tied in (pun intended) with tradition and dogma than a women choosing to get breast implants. Getting breast implants is more to stand out and tying foot as tradition says is more for fitting in and conforming to tradition.

This, imo, is why that is said in book. I haven't read the book tho lol

@Leo Gura

Shaming others for not having the patience or ability to wade through hundreds of pages of dense, poorly written prose (when there are others ways of getting that information) is counter productive. 

Hell the fact that you try to present your videos using understandable language and conversational tone along with decent production values (ie not using a $40 Camera that has trouble picking up audio) is proof that the way information is presented matters.

Nothing wrong with a work being difficult, but at the very least it should also be engaging.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

8 hours ago, Identity said:

Funny story.

a couple years back I had a book club with some friends. One by one we could choose a personal development book. When it was my turn, I choose the spiral dynamics book.

We didn’t make it more than a couple chapters in before the book club fell apart.

???

xDxDxD

On 9.2.2021 at 0:51 PM, Twega said:

They gave an example of breast implants as being a stage orange phenomenon. I can see how that might be the case.. but also didn't Chinese women tie their female children's feet because small feet are sexually attractive in that culture? They've been doing that for ages and I think the health outcomes are worse than silicon injections.. The only reason is that the technology came from stage orange scientific materialism cultures. If that technology had existed before, it would be done at stage blue also

Do you think they would be explicit about saying it's about sexual attraction or would they maybe cite some virtue like "the ideal shape of a woman's feet"? In most cases, Orange would be the former, Blue the latter.

Breast implants is a choice that a woman makes by herself (ideally) in order to boost her social status or self-esteem. There are of course implicit cultural influences at play, but at the level of individual action, it's a woman enhancing herself for the sake of her individuality.

The Chinese feet thing is a practice that is forced upon somebody without their consent and enters the collective conformity aspects of Blue. From the perspective of values, Orange would cite freedom, individual rights etc. while Blue would cite tradition, virtue etc..

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.