allislove

Aaron Abke

33 posts in this topic

He is great!

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

30 minutes ago, Adamq8 said:

He is great!

Yep. ?

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

Currently reading The Law of One and watching Mindscience. The book is amazing (I will certainly reread it). I'm drawing all sorts of connections with other things. Specifically, there are bits and pieces concerning occultism and a few practices mentioned there. It was so weird when Ra mentioned them.

@The0Self 

Yep. ?

I remember reading this book till 4AM, couldn't stop reading :D 

I have disliked the guy on the first sight, not my cup of a tea.

I love him.

He has 0% tolerance for the "Ego is my friend" arguments haha 

Thank you@allislove  for sharing :x

On 2/8/2021 at 10:14 PM, allislove said:

I love very clear explanations from this guy. The MindScience series might be useful in a spiritual path.

I have watch it now, gave the first episode really much effort to try be able get to know him and how he express it and etc.

I got a lot of good reminders to watch this and also new great ahaa moments :D

I followed him for awhile, might should take a look at his newer content. I recall watching him and not liking how he tried to describe key concepts like "the ego" and "the shadow".. I read The Law of One and understand the jist of it. Naturally I have my disbeliefs associated with it. I try to be open minded but reading that had me thinking "Ra is unnecessarily verbose isn't he?" Lol. ?

Edited by Armand
Error

@Armand take a look at "A Course in Miracles" series, mind blowing ;) 

13 hours ago, Armand said:

I try to be open minded but reading that had me thinking "Ra is unnecessarily verbose isn't he?"

Apparently it has to do with always needing to say just the right thing in accordance with their understanding of truth, and since they don't use verbal communication of any kind natively, the correspondences can seem clunky. Like when the best phrase for a given piece of information contains idiosyncratic/etc language/word-choice.

19 hours ago, The0Self said:

Apparently it has to do with always needing to say just the right thing in accordance with their understanding of truth, and since they don't use verbal communication of any kind natively, the correspondences can seem clunky. Like when the best phrase for a given piece of information contains idiosyncratic/etc language/word-choice.

Sorry don't really buy this.

The Law of One, despite saying some enlightened sounding stuff, still requires you to BELIEVE in its source and authenticity, which is utterly antithetical to spirituality and consciousness work.  I have no way of verifying if it's legit or not  So, I don't put much stock in stuff like this or "conversations with god" type books, other than for amusement or speculation.

Edited by Flyboy

1 hour ago, Flyboy said:

Sorry don't really buy this.

The Law of One, despite saying some enlightened sounding stuff, still requires you to BELIEVE in its source and authenticity, which is utterly antithetical to spirituality and consciousness work.  I have no way of verifying if it's legit or not  So, I don't put much stock in stuff like this or "conversations with god" type books, other than for amusement or speculation.

Then you're missing out. But let's be completely honest, you don't go around verifying or validating other sources of information, but because these sources are outside of your comfort zone, self-bias and epistemological biases, you put them into a category of "amusement" and "speculation." 

The appropriate way to read these types of books is not to believe in them. It is to simply be open-minded to the messages they are presenting. Your job is not to validate whether they are objectively right or wrong, or whether the source is legitimate, per-say, but to use your intelligence and intuition to find the kernels of wisdom and "truth" such material may or may not communicate. Radical open-mindedness means you're able to read Hitler and find some kind of wisdom. Are you willing to be that open-minded? 

For example, if I'm reading the Tao Te Ching, am I supposed to brush it off as amusement because we're not even sure if Lao Tzu was a real historical figure? Well that's one option, to attack the messenger. Or I can read it with an open mind and see what resonates and discard what doesn't while keeping a careful eye on my own self biases, limiting beliefs, and unconscious epistemological frameworks.

You're allowed to disagree with something in the Law of One or Conversations With God if it doesn't resonate with your direct experience. In fact, I've had multiple insights and intuitions that are in clear contradiction with the CWG books, doesn't mean I haven't found a lot of great wisdom and insights from them. If I'd have brushed them off immediately, or upon the moment of finding a couple of contradictions I would have been shooting myself in the foot. 

One of Leo's latest blog post goes into this subject of learning from all sources. It's a meta skill, a Spiral Dynamics tier 2 skill. You should check it out. 

@Consilience I did check it out.  I read all kinds of things I disagree with, and never relinquish the authority of my own direct experience, intelligence, and intuition.

All I am pointing out is that stuff like the Law of One is highly vulnerable to getting caught up in "belief."  It's structurally in the same category as the Bible or the Koran.  Can there be wisdom in there?  Of course.  But deriving authority from the source of the material (woo woo transmission) is really dangerous.  Abke talks about the Law of One as if it IS true, incontrovertibly.  This is not good, and just encourages more disciples instead of critical thinkers and raising consciousness.

@Flyboy Yes that's fair, but you were saying these types of books require you to "BELIEVE" in their own source and authenticity, and therefore there isn't much use of these books besides amusement or speculation. I'm disagreeing with this claim. More specifically, I'm suggesting an alternative way to contextualize these reading these books which is more conducive for the cultivation of wisdom and insight. It may very well be the case that The Law of One has more wisdom than The Bible despite their structurally similarities insofar as their appeal to authority. I know in my own life, this has been the case. 

Yes Abke does seem to implicitly speak as though LoO is true, incontrovertibly. I agree, his way of presenting the material is not as nuanced as it should be if the goal is to truly and authentically raise consciousness.

On 4.3.2021 at 7:40 PM, allislove said:

@Armand take a look at "A Course in Miracles" series, mind blowing ;) 

Have you read ACIM? Have you found it to be helpful?

I have it in my bookshelf but I get these weird, kinda scary vibes from it. It's so intense. Guess I just don't resonate with it for some reason.

Everyone is waiting for eternity but the Shaman asks: "how about today?"

@roopepa

Reading it slowly from time to time. ACIM is a unique book since it's hard to grasp by thinking but easy to hear by actual you. It drove "love whatever arises" message *home*. The book didn't resonate with me for a long time too. Abke's series felt so good, so I couldn't but open ACIM one more time and this time it resonated perfectly. 

Just opening the book today:

T-11.IV.3. Your peace lies in its limitlessness. Limit the peace you share, and your Self must be unknown to you. Every altar to God is part of you, because the light He created is one with Him. Would you cut off a brother from the light that is yours? You would not do so if you realized that you can darken only your own mind. As you bring him back, so will you return. That is the law of God, for the protection of the Wholeness of His Son.   

??