Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Schahin

Can kriya yoga only be taught face to face?

4 posts in this topic

I heard from a serious kriya yoga practicioner and teacher that Kriya yoga can only be taught from a teacher to a student. 

Does anybody here have great experience in anyhow any learning it through illustration or videos and made serious advances? 

@Schahin If you check out Tantrika Institute you can definitely learn through the video lectures presented there and make serious advancements if you are serious. No, it is not Kriya Yoga, it's Tantrik Yoga which Kriya Yoga has its foundations in. So if you are interested in working with the nadis, sushumna, chakras and kundalini (and other types of meditation and material as well), that learning portal has the potential to take you as far as you want.

no, you can learn it by yourself, a book. But there's a learning curve that might take time. And if you do some things in excess or not at the right time you might get some negative side effects.

I know of Ennio Nimis online book, J. C. Stevens and SantataGamanas books that should be solid, ofc you can check online aswell. I think SantataGamanas books are especially valuable to move toward a more intuitive approach to kriya (inner guru).

J.C. Stevens is ok, so is Ennio Nimis books on kriya. Ennio Nimis book is feely available as pdf http://www.kriyayogainfo.net/Eng_Downloads1.html

I guess a teacher is good as they can quickly coach your technique, but i don't have that experience, and my kriya practice has a life of its own, though I went in too fast and too hard and got emotionally burnt out (went for crown chakra too fast)

Presence of a realized guru will have a very strong impact on the student's energy system and it's really valuable thing, also good for staying motivated since you can easily lose motivation after some time. but you should invest a little bit of time figuring out which guru is the right guru for you, i recommend Santata Gamanas Kriya Yoga Exposed book which can help you a lot in this.

Edited by m0hsen