xxxx

Most Unconventional Advice You’ve Ever Got?

12 posts in this topic

What’s the most unconventional (weird / strange) piece of advice you’ve ever got, that ended up working splendidly?

• Any kind of advice — relationship, career, finance, health, spirituality, psychedelics, etc.
  • At first glance, an advice that struck you as being very weird, but eventually turned out to be something that made a whole lot of positive difference to your life once you embodied it?

Would love to see your answers.

Best,

"you dont have to do anything"

and paradoxicaly turned into 

"you have to do everything"

The Daoist notion of "Wu Wei" is one of the most counterintuitive things I've ever come across. Getting things done with so little force that you get to the point where it seems that you're not doing anything. 

This change in your "method" gets rid of the tension and force in doing things. 

To radically ignore what everyone else is doing and saying and extremely focus on doing one thing that is the most beneficial and effective for you

Edited by Hello from Russia

I got this advice from my brother: "F*ck everyone, do what you want"

Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, division. I did not come to bring peace, but the sword. From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three. They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.”  - Jesus

“If the world hates you, you know that it has hated Me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, because of this the world hates you. Remember the word that I said to you, ‘A slave is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you; if they kept My word, they will keep yours also. But all these things they will do to you for My name’s sake, because they do not know the One who sent Me.”  - John 

It’s not ‘advice’ per se, maybe advice from Jesus & John. It initially struck me as deeply unconventional. It came to mind because this was the most misunderstood ‘advice’ I’ve experienced, and the realization of what was said was the greatest turn around as far as advice goes. 

Another one comes to mind...

Albert Einstein once stayed at a hotel and had no money on him to pay the bell boy. So he wrote some advice on a tiny piece of paper and gave it to the bell boy. He told him that one day this piece of paper would be worth much more than he would’ve otherwise been able to give. He wrote...

A calm mind and modest life brings more happiness than the pursuit of success combined with constant restlessness.”

That piece of paper was recently sold for $1,500,000. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

15 hours ago, xxxx said:

At first glance, an advice that struck you as being very weird

The one that really gets me is the weird backwards logic of pickup. Your not meant to directly insult the girl your trying to pickup but if you can navigate the energy correctly, treating them bad a bit actually makes them want you more. I think it establishes a sense of reality of yourself from their perspective or something. 

Treat girls bad = make them want you. Lol

It's so weird lol. After attraction is established you can treat them nice...but not all the time.

You can just sit and be happy.

This one is from a zazen master that really hit me hard. He said he overcame everything just by sitting: the desire of enlightenment, of being a good buddhist, a good person, a good practioner, a good worker... He realized that he could just sit and be happy that nothing truly mattered. That was when he attained buddhahood, true understanding of mind, eternal peace and liberation of suffering. Probably not god realized but anyway buddhahood is no joke.

18 hours ago, Nahm said:

Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, division. I did not come to bring peace, but the sword. From now on there will be five in one family divided against each other, three against two and two against three. They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law.”  - Jesus

Thank you for your answer, Nahm.

I am unable to comprehend the profundity of this specific message. It seems very facile — but I’m sure that’s not the case. 

My understanding of this is that God is experiencing division in this form — through the emotionally complex, interdependent roles of human lives. 

Could you please explain what hidden meaning this particular paragraph holds? How did this insight help you?

Also, what is the significance of the word sword in this context? 

Edited by xxxx

@xxxx

Bring a relationship to mind, one in which there is some contention. Maybe a significant other, a parent, a sibling, a child, a friend, a neighbor, even a stranger with a differing understanding than you, anyone. Notice the contention is  ‘made of’ your own thoughts; an other, a past, of being right, of being wrong, of future gain or loss. To ‘use’ the sword is to abide in, to ‘bring’, the truth; simplicity, not complexity, not even two. Cut through & dispel yourself of believing appearances, it is all a battle for love, but you, are not two. Don’t sleep in the peace, bring the sword. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Never, ever try to be positive. Focus on being natural & authentic. 

one day this will all be memories