Sandy6

Help Me Find My Life Purpose!

18 posts in this topic

Hi, i'm 24 yo, already try to find my life purpose few years ago, also watched all @Leo Gura Life Purpose videos course and doing exercises, still not find clarity yet. Then i try to explore more. I'm start doing personal development 7 years ago, trying to improve areas of my life. But i lack of purpose for others, i still didn't know or figuring out what should i do in my one life. And feel lost. So before i start working on my dream career, i need clarity of purpose first.

From my own research, based on ikigai concept, Leo's zone of genius and impact statement concept, or from career coach advice, i concluded there are 4 things that make fulfilling and meaningful work:

1. Passion (Do what you love)
  2. Skill (Your talent, what you want to put in 10.000 hours and be world class, become self awareness)
  3. Impact (Your contribution to the world, what make satisfaction while help others)
  4. Money (And other outcome like followers, etc; not as destination but we know that is important)

LIFEPURPOSE.png

If those 4 things are overlap, you can find your life purpose. Then i categorize work options, in 6 category:

1. Politic
  2. Knowledge (ex: scientist, philosopher, religious teacher etc)
  3. Professional (ex: doctor, police, administrator, programmer, etc)
  4. Entrepreneur
  5. Artist
  6. Sport

After trying to figure out, i found that Entrepreneur is my life purpose. Those 4 are overlap from my 6 options. First, i inspired to become entrepreneur at 17yo after watched Thailand movie about seaweed snack industry. Then i not go to college, instead i starting my own internet marketing business. Then, after that, i know about personal development and become interested with it, then try to start self-actualization journey. Leo's content help me a lot until now. 

We know that, mostly we sleep 8 hours a day, doing our daily habits like eat healthy; exercise; relationship; etc on 8 hours, and we work 8 hours day. Yeah time is depend on us. I think is important to have life purpose that really matter and give meaning to us and the world. Especially on big dream.

Right now i still working on my internet marketing business from home. But not feel fulfilling. As i said, i interested became entrepreneur, but you know that entrepreneur are broad, there are many field like food, finance, computer, automotive, education, health, construction, transportation, entertainment, electronic, etc. And i love Social Media, this thing overlap from my 4 too. But i still don't find what niche that meaningful to me. I already try explore and contemplating all options for years but still there no result on me. It's like those options are not overlapping. I hope you understand what i mean. I know i love entrepreneur and social media, but not find any field or niche that meaningful to me. Now, i also work with psychologist to help me.

From all options i have, i have two things that might possible be my life purpose. And that is:

1. Digital Marketing (i love doing it, have skill, and can produce money, but i lack on impact statement, i don't feel this is meaningful enough to help others, often times i keep asking other impact like what make health important, what make programming meaningful, or video game are wonderful, but not feel anything)
  2. Personal Development (i love doing, curious and passionate about it, also i love the impact of changing people life, but i lack of skill, like i can't speak English and not understand personal development enough, i start doing personal development not because of my strength but because i have so much weakness on my life so i try to improve, so its hard to me too for selling stuff here, also i love creating personal development content on social media but i am not prefer on coaching people)

And that is. I don't know anymore. I already doing my best. Maybe you can find something there, maybe any mistake. I need your advice to find my life purpose. Please! Thank you so much ^_^

Edited by Sandy6

Do what excites and motivates you.  Do what brings you joy and love.

I didnt't read most of what you wrote, but i get the sense that, probabky similarly to me, you're overthinking it.

Explore and exleriment.  You'll find your way.

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

What do you do when you don't have to do anything?@Sandy6

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

@Sandy6 Well at some point your mind can only go in circles and you won't get anywhere.

You need to actually do lots of Small Bets and then commit to something.

If that something ain't it, no problem. Move in a different direction. Keep going.

Stories are made for children to fall asleep, and adults to wake up.

@Matt23 I think what excited and motivate me is creating content about personal development and share to the world, but i lack of skill on this domain, so make me hard to get income. I also not so passionate about coaching or speaking, i loving doing it online. Sometime i confused, what make the work meaningful, impactful and we became influence on it? I just think personal development meaningful because it is connected with life and reality, and we talk about it, try to understand and try make the best life as possible.

But i didn't know how other field are meaningful enough too, for example automotive, aerospace, music, video game, health, overcoming poverty are meaningful too. I keep thinking if someday i will die, so what worth pursuing and doing for hours for it in life? For example, i'm good at internet marketing, i'm passionate about it, and i can make money or get followers. But what meaningful about helping people or company to market their business digitally? It is worth for my one life just because i'm good and gifted at it? I didn't have impact statement on this. I need understand to make world better place and what influence can i give from my potential. I interested on inspiration and the feeling of meaningful, or connect with reality/life. When i look on @Leo Gura for example, he have very inspiring purpose. Or when i watch this channel:

People say we must become self aware, so we need understanding who we actually are versus who we need/want to be.

Yes i overthinking about it, maybe because i think, thinking and finding about life purpose is worth for the only one life we have. I do exploring, contemplating, research, journaling about it, even work with psychologist. Maybe i need time to understanding and get perspective. Although i know i already even explore many type of profession or occupations available, i do by read book, watching how they work, try their work in practice, do journal about their work, but still don't get it.

And from my 4 things above on my thread (passion, skill, impact, money), entrepreneur is my life purpose, but i didn't sure what field i will work on. I love the hustle, i have skill on few field so i can earn profits, but what meaningful impact/influence is what make me keep thinking. I hope you understand what i mean. :) I will find my way : )

@SamC What i do when i don't have to do anything? I think it's learning, spend time with someone i love and love me back, connecting with God with meditation. And for others, i think i entertain them with singing or talk with speaking. I don't think my answer can give me clue what my purpose is :$ But yeah, i keep asking question to myself, friend. On Leo's Life Purpose course, there are exercise about 100 most questions we ask about life, we also need answer what our zone genius, impact statement etc. It helps me but feel still need more to find clarity what works on me.

@ItsNick Yes that's true. It's when we too much thinking but didn't get anywhere. But for me, i will find it if i put in the work for finding solutions even takes time. I'm actually already doing something different in last 7 years, sometime it works, sometime is no. I fail, and try again. Of course i will keep going, thank you ^_^ I just beginning finding deeply about my life purpose last month btw, i hope i will find it sooner. 9_9 I just want to wake up in the morning, and being motivated about what i will do this day, and when i wanna sleep at night, at the end of the day, i just thinking that i already doing something good today. Feels good, but need work to find it. ^_^

I keep asking:

What i passionate about?

What my skill, talent, and gift?

What impact and influence i wanna give?

Is this will get outcome?

And i answer this question:

Entrepreneur

Social media

Those two answers are overlap from my 4 questions, but i still didn't know what field or niche i will work on.

When i answer with Internet marketing, i feel didn't have fulfilling influence

When i answer with work on personal development, i lack on skill

When i answer with another field/niche is still can't overlap.

I hope you guys help me find clarity. Sorry if feel complicated, but i love to make it simple. Thank you : D

1 minute ago, Sandy6 said:

@Matt23 I think what excited and motivate me is creating content about personal development and share to the world, but i lack of skill on this domain, so make me hard to get income. I also not so passionate about coaching or speaking, i loving doing it online. Sometime i confused, what make the work meaningful, impactful and we became influence on it? I just think personal development meaningful because it is connected with life and reality, and we talk about it, try to understand and try make the best life as possible.

But i didn't know how other field are meaningful enough too, for example automotive, aerospace, music, video game, health, overcoming poverty are meaningful too. I keep thinking if someday i will die, so what worth pursuing and doing for hours for it in life? For example, i'm good at internet marketing, i'm passionate about it, and i can make money or get followers. But what meaningful about helping people or company to market their business digitally? It is worth for my one life just because i'm good and gifted at it? I didn't have impact statement on this. I need understand to make world better place and what influence can i give from my potential. I interested on inspiration and the feeling of meaningful, or connect with reality/life. When i look on @Leo Gura for example, he have very inspiring purpose. Or when i watch this channel:

People say we must become self aware, so we need understanding who we actually are versus who we need/want to be.

Yes i overthinking about it, maybe because i think, thinking and finding about life purpose is worth for the only one life we have. I do exploring, contemplating, research, journaling about it, even work with psychologist. Maybe i need time to understanding and get perspective. Although i know i already even explore many type of profession or occupations available, i do by read book, watching how they work, try their work in practice, do journal about their work, but still don't get it.

And from my 4 things above on my thread (passion, skill, impact, money), entrepreneur is my life purpose, but i didn't sure what field i will work on. I love the hustle, i have skill on few field so i can earn profits, but what meaningful impact/influence is what make me keep thinking. I hope you understand what i mean. :) I will find my way : )

@SamC What i do when i don't have to do anything? I think it's learning, spend time with someone i love and love me back, connecting with God with meditation. And for others, i think i entertain them with singing or talk with speaking. I don't think my answer can give me clue what my purpose is :$ But yeah, i keep asking question to myself, friend. On Leo's Life Purpose course, there are exercise about 100 most questions we ask about life, we also need answer what our zone genius, impact statement etc. It helps me but feel still need more to find clarity what works on me.

@ItsNick Yes that's true. It's when we too much thinking but didn't get anywhere. But for me, i will find it if i put in the work for finding solutions even takes time. I'm actually already doing something different in last 7 years, sometime it works, sometime is no. I fail, and try again. Of course i will keep going, thank you ^_^ I just beginning finding deeply about my life purpose last month btw, i hope i will find it sooner. 9_9 I just want to wake up in the morning, and being motivated about what i will do this day, and when i wanna sleep at night, at the end of the day, i just thinking that i already doing something good today. Feels good, but need work to find it. ^_^

I keep asking:

What i passionate about?

What my skill, talent, and gift?

What impact and influence i wanna give?

Is this will get outcome?

And i answer this question:

Entrepreneur

Social media

Those two answers are overlap from my 4 questions, but i still didn't know what field or niche i will work on.

When i answer with Internet marketing, i feel didn't have fulfilling influence

When i answer with work on personal development, i lack on skill

When i answer with another field/niche is still can't overlap.

I hope you guys help me find clarity. Sorry if feel complicated, but i love to make it simple. Thank you : D

Do you have a commonplace book where you have taken notes and saved all the exercises you've done?

I have done the L.P course and found my L.P and what I discovered was that the answer could be found if you look for the pattern in all your answers. Also remember, the LP often is so obvious that you overlook it. Your LP is often what you do all the time.

On 2/6/2021 at 11:38 AM, Sandy6 said:

I need your advice to find my life purpose.

So much lack & need focus, so much rumination! LP won’t come from the mindset of need, nor advice, but from happiness, from pure magic, from you. Make a dreamboard. It works. It’ll come right out of you, and you’ll watch it unfold in front of you (not ‘in your head’). You’re creating your reality. Believe need, experience need. But you don’t need to! Feel want, experience want, what you want is what your reality becomes. This has always been the case. 

On 2/6/2021 at 11:38 AM, Sandy6 said:

still not find clarity yet

Use the emotional scale. Clarity is the natural result of expression, the ‘arriving back at your true nature’ of Emptiness, from clearing the emotions and thus your vibration naturally raises. Clarity can never ‘find’ clarity, just like Happiness can never find Happiness. It’s you love. ☺️ Feel. You are always attracting. Don’t underestimate yourself, your purpose is already within you...amp it up!

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

1 hour ago, SamC said:

Do you have a commonplace book where you have taken notes and saved all the exercises you've done?

I have done the L.P course and found my L.P and what I discovered was that the answer could be found if you look for the pattern in all your answers. Also remember, the LP often is so obvious that you overlook it. Your LP is often what you do all the time.

Yes, Leo's suggest using OneNote for commonplace book, but i using EverNote. I doing the course 2 times for 10 days straight, and get same answer: Personal Development

This is my latest me sheet + top 5 questions:

Life Purpose: 

Use creative marketing to giving insight, grow people life

Zone of Genius: 

Creative marketing

Domain of Mastery:

Personal development

Ideal Medium:

Blog, Youtube, other Social Media

Top 10 Values:

Contribution/impact

Creativity/Inguenity

Personal Growth/Self-Actualization/Self-Help/Personal Development/Self-Improvement

Love/Romance/Intimacy

Purpose

Optimism/Positivity/Hope

Knowledge/Learning/Understanding

Excellence

Spirituality

Uniqueness

Top 5 Strengths:

Creativity, ingenuity, and originality

Hope, optimism, and future-mindedness

Perspective wisdom

Industry, diligence, and perseverance

Spirituality, sense of purpose, and faith

The top 5 questions that fascinate me the most about life are…

What the meaning of life?

How to change life?

How to change fast?

What the best profession in the world who suit me the most?

How important of personal development?

But @SamC if i take the course again, the answer might be entrepreneur or digital marketing or others, this is why i'm not sure. 

1 hour ago, SamC said:

Also remember, the LP often is so obvious that you overlook it. Your LP is often what you do all the time.

I do personal development all the time, i think, i talk about it, i became self-help junkie, but feel not so skilled about this topic if i share with others. I also spend most my time online and doing Internet Marketing for 7+ years and earn money, after interested became entrepreneur and didn't go to college.

But the problem is if i asked using this questions (method), those answer not overlap

On 2/6/2021 at 11:38 PM, Sandy6 said:

From my own research, based on ikigai concept, Leo's zone of genius and impact statement concept, or from career coach advice, i concluded there are 4 things that make fulfilling and meaningful work:

1. Passion (Do what you love)
  2. Skill (Your talent, what you want to put in 10.000 hours and be world class, become self awareness)
  3. Impact (Your contribution to the world, what make satisfaction while help others)
  4. Money (And other outcome like followers, etc; not as destination but we know that is important)

LIFEPURPOSE.png

I don't know what's wrong: 

Is this concept have wrong question because this is my version? 

or because i not understanding about impact statement about my work like internet marketing?

or other things?

For example, this is my another exercise, if i using ikigai concept (see the difference) i can found my life purpose but not sure about it because i feel not meaningful enough.

unnamed (4).jpg

Personal Development

Are you love? YES

Are you good? NO

Are the world need? YES

Are you get paid? YES (But no, if i not good enough)

Entrepreneur

Are you love? YES (Sometime no in some field)

Are you good? NO (Entrepreneur are so broad, sometime i'm not good on some field or industry)

Are the world need? YES

Are you get paid? YES

Internet marketing

Are you love? YES

Are you good? YES

Are the world need? YES

Are you get paid? YES

This is my life purpose based ikigai concept: Digital Marketing, but i not feel having meaningful impact.

And i try apply this questions on hundred of profession/occupations on my commonplace book. I damn serious about it. I'm looking this for years, still didn't get answer. But deeply serious about finding this life purpose, and doing it every single day in last month. This is real work :D

In FAQ video, Leo's said if we have not found life purpose or for my case, not sure. We need explore to find clarity. That was i am doing.

Correct me if have any wrongs on my thinking or some advice or you have any clue from what i write. Thank you! It interesting, right? xD

Edited by Sandy6

@Sandy6

I think that your approach in trying to figure this out logicially is what is holding you back. What does your heart want to do? Do some small bets on that and see how you feel. LP is not about logic, it's about what you want and what you love to do.

Do what your soul is obsessed with. That's your L.P. Also remember the dunning Kruger effect. If you know that you're not excellent yet at something you love to do, than you're probably a lot better than you belive you are. If you have deep passion for it, you're probably very good at it.

@Nahm That's what i need, i mean want :D. New perspective and deep understanding. That's what you said are true

17 minutes ago, Nahm said:

So much lack & need focus, so much rumination! 

21 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Clarity is the natural result of expression, the ‘arriving back at your true nature’ of Emptiness, from clearing the emotions and thus your vibration naturally raises. Clarity can never ‘find’ clarity, just like Happiness can never find Happiness. It’s you love. ☺️ Feel. You are always attracting. Don’t underestimate yourself, your purpose is already within you...amp it up!

Thank you. What you suggest on me? I came from low-consciousness understanding. Take some time for reading your words. Such this is concept of Law of attraction. Should i do more meditate? 

I doing basic personal development / self-help for years, but still not focus enough on spirituality. I think will be amazing, if i get advice from high-consciousness / awareness understanding for person like me considering life purpose.

I'm newbie. This is what i do so far, and now i'm working on finding life purpose :) What work should i do and what things should i understand based on your experience or what words you can bring to me?

I'm type of person who wanna learn & do the work. Thank you ^ _ ^

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

Make a dreamboard. It works. It’ll come right out of you, and you’ll watch it unfold in front of you (not ‘in your head’). 

Use the emotional scale. Clarity is the natural result of expression, the ‘arriving back at your true nature’ of Emptiness, from clearing the emotions and thus your vibration naturally raises.

There is NOTHING TO THINK ABOUT. ♥️

Be. Cause. 

10 minutes ago, SamC said:

I think that your approach in trying to figure this out logicially is what is holding you back. What does your heart want to do? Do some small bets on that and see how you feel. LP is not about logic, it's about what you want and what you love to do.

Do what your soul is obsessed with. That's your L.P. Also remember the dunning Kruger effect. If you know that you're not excellent yet at something you love to do, than you're probably a lot better than you belive you are. If you have deep passion for it, you're probably very good at it.

@SamC Thank you. I think i need go it emotionally. What i feel is. Since years ago, i have burning desire that i want to create blog, youtube channel, instagram, facebook, tiktok, podcast, ebook, etc.

I doing internet marketing for money for years, without showing myself, i go it anonymously or using brand name. I started it since 2012. Then i have want and love to show something valuable for others, via which medium i mentioned before using my name, my self, show on it. This is why i so inspired which blogger like http://zenhabits.net, http://stevepavlina.com, and of course http://actualized.org. I am self-help junkie. I contemplate that if i die, i'm glad that i already doing meaningful work in this life. On that L.P course, Leo ask us to answer 3 person who inspired us the most in life, and my answer was Elon Musk, Leo Gura, and Mark Zuckenberg. (I know some of you have some thinking about Elon and Zuck xD but i inspired with them)

I am so passionate about sharing something online and love personal development. What i realize it, i'm not good at English, especially speak, that make me want to create using my local language (Bahasa Indonesia). I also not good at public speaking and not liking work offline. When i look and research on local market, i afraid i will not make enough money because lack of skill, (most my research are accurate, from my experience) so make me considering become entrepreneur or digital marketing niche instead personal development, because it can produce outcome also experience from me.

Let say my passion (without going logically, more emotionally) is personal development, i have two logical questions:

1. Is this okay doing it only using more on online/digital medium? Like blog, social media, ebook but not life coaching or seminar (i interested on book btw)

2. If i can't make enough money on this, is this okay also doing internet marketing and other business as entrepreneur to support my income. How i can separate my life purpose (personal development) with also working on other business? It's still like i also doing another thing for making money. For example, Leo or even Elon Musk, put all in from their purpose, they generate income from what they purpose only. But me also doing another things but not my life purpose? I'm sure you get it.

I am not so obsessed with money, but i need money for living. Since kid i born poor, that's why i interested became entrepreneur. I have low self-esteem in the past, especially moment when girls reject my love. That make me want to having lot followers on social media, but i not interested about celebrity. In Leo's course there are negative value release, and i did that. Everybody not perfect, and me too. : )

That is. It going so deeply when i write this, seriously :( Btw thank you : ) I think this post can get reply also perspective for others from this forum too :x

39 minutes ago, Nahm said:

There is NOTHING TO THINK ABOUT. ♥️

Be. Cause. 

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

Feel want, experience want, what you want is what your reality becomes. This has always been the case. 

Don’t underestimate yourself, your purpose is already within you...amp it up!

@NahmThis is what i feel and what i want, any thought?

4 minutes ago, Sandy6 said:

What i feel is. Since years ago, i have burning desire that i want to create blog, youtube channel, instagram, facebook, tiktok, podcast, ebook, etc.

I doing internet marketing for money for years, without showing myself, i go it anonymously or using brand name. I started it since 2012. Then i have want and love to show something valuable for others, via which medium i mentioned before using my name, my self, show on it. This is why i so inspired which blogger like http://zenhabits.net, http://stevepavlina.com, and of course http://actualized.org. I am self-help junkie. I contemplate that if i die, i'm glad that i already doing meaningful work in this life. On that L.P course, Leo ask us to answer 3 person who inspired us the most in life, and my answer was Elon Musk, Leo Gura, and Mark Zuckenberg. (I know some of you have some thinking about Elon and Zuck xD but i inspired with them)

I am so passionate about sharing something online and love personal development. What i realize it, i'm not good at English, especially speak, that make me want to create using my local language (Bahasa Indonesia). I also not good at public speaking and not liking work offline. When i look and research on local market, i afraid i will not make enough money because lack of skill, (most my research are accurate, from my experience) so make me considering become entrepreneur or digital marketing niche instead personal development, because it can produce outcome also experience from me.

Let say my passion (without going logically, more emotionally) is personal development, i have two logical questions:

1. Is this okay doing it only using more on online/digital medium? Like blog, social media, ebook but not life coaching or seminar (i interested on book btw)

2. If i can't make enough money on this, is this okay also doing internet marketing and other business as entrepreneur to support my income. How i can separate my life purpose (personal development) with also working on other business? It's still like i also doing another thing for making money. For example, Leo or even Elon Musk, put all in from their purpose, they generate income from what they purpose only. But me also doing another things but not my life purpose? I'm sure you get it.

I am not so obsessed with money, but i need money for living. Since kid i born poor, that's why i interested became entrepreneur. I have low self-esteem in the past, especially moment when girls reject my love. That make me want to having lot followers on social media, but i not interested about celebrity. In Leo's course there are negative value release, and i did that. Everybody not perfect, and me too. : )

That is. It going so deeply when i write this, seriously :( Btw thank you : ) I think this post can get reply also perspective for others from this forum too :x

6 minutes ago, Sandy6 said:

NahmThis is what i feel and what i want, any thought?

Make a dreamboard. It works. It’ll come right out of you, and you’ll watch it unfold in front of you (not ‘in your head’). 

Use the emotional scale. Clarity is the natural result of expression, the ‘arriving back at your true nature’ of Emptiness, from clearing the emotions and thus your vibration naturally raises.

3 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Make a dreamboard. It works. It’ll come right out of you, and you’ll watch it unfold in front of you (not ‘in your head’). 

Use the emotional scale. Clarity is the natural result of expression, the ‘arriving back at your true nature’ of Emptiness, from clearing the emotions and thus your vibration naturally raises.

Yes, got it! :)

1 hour ago, Sandy6 said:

@SamC Thank you. I think i need go it emotionally. What i feel is. Since years ago, i have burning desire that i want to create blog, youtube channel, instagram, facebook, tiktok, podcast, ebook, etc.

1 hour ago, Sandy6 said:

Of Course. Your passion for that type of online marketing might be your nisch ( entrepreneurship)

1 hour ago, Sandy6 said:

Yeah, so why don't you invent something that's related to it that you can market + meanwhile practice your marketing skills, or market yourself as someone who helps people market their high conciousness Idea and make profit on their high conciousness idea. If you so that, then you can help people to become higher conciousness. I'm just idea bombing, take what you can.

1 hour ago, Sandy6 said:

You got this.

@Sandy6 Watch Leo's blog video titled Requisite Variety and Creative Laziness and take notes. It's on page 7. Also, read the books in the Creativity and Doing Your Art section of Leo's book list.

Nobody can tell you what your purpose is, and you don't have some genetically ingrained purpose that you were born with. You must contemplate what's important to you, and create a new niche in the marketplace.

Idea's: create some way of making social media more conscious, or help conscious small businesses with their marketing. (Stage Green Marketing)

On the other end of the spectrum, simply thinking about what you truly love to do can help you find your purpose as well. Do you absolutely love musical theater?

Your skills might be best put to use in a way that brings live performances to children who can benefit from exposure to the arts. 

Is analyzing data something that you actually find fun? Any number of groups could find that skill to be an invaluable asset. Consider what type of skills, talents, and passions you bring to the table. Then, brainstorm how you might turn your passion into something meaningful to you.