Chris365

Sam Harris more enlightened than Jim Newman

46 posts in this topic

On 2/6/2021 at 3:58 PM, Moksha said:

Sam is a smart guy, but if I could gift him nothing, it would be exactly that. ? No judgment, as a scientist I have been there, and am never fool enough to "think" I couldn't go there again.

Agreed. It’s not for lack of knowing, only lack of open-mindedness.

4 hours ago, WonderSeeker said:

Doing Neti Neti on mushrooms is effective. -_-

Next time I do Ketamine I'm trying that lmfao

@mandyjw You don't need to subscribe. Just look for the 'can't pay for the subscription? Contact us' link (something like that). All of Sam's podcasts are free to access.

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

Jim Newman is enlightened

Sam harris is not.

you can see Sam still speaks from "the centre"

@SpiritualAwakening yeaaaa

Edited by levani

31 minutes ago, levani said:

Jim Newman is enlightened

Sam harris is not.

No one is enlightened.  Except me. 

How do I know? 

God told me. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

I see that Jim Newman is always 'on message' and does not go astray, but it can get annoying repeating "the individual cannot get this", "this message is death for the individual" etc... 'my' 'individual' gets this... or maybe it's becoming more and more transparent. 

When I first listened to the talk with Sam Harris, I was in a non-egoic state (12h after 5Meo), and they both made sense, especially Sam trying to find common ground, and Jim, while understandable what he was doing, trying to keep the message and not dilute it, I felt some people might not get it if it is that intransigent.

Ultimately, a few people getting it do not matter, nothing matters, in the non-egoic state it seemed like Sam truly got it... and all I see here is a bunch of egos not getting that :)

2 hours ago, Chris365 said:

it seemed like Sam truly got it

He ain't got shit.

You ain't got it until you realize you are God.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

12 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

He ain't got shit.

You ain't got it until you realize you are God.

In that case,  Jim Newman also ain't got shit...

3 minutes ago, Chris365 said:

In that case,  Jim Newman also ain't got shit...

He's got something. Whether it is God-realization, I don't know. I can't stand listening to those Neo-Advaita types.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Jims message (which doesn't belong to Jim) is beyond God. God doesn't even know what it is.

Liberation is the end of God's search for itself, it is the death of God, AKA "me" "you" "we" "us" etc. What is left is what is, just without the looking/separation.

In other words, God doesn't need to realize itself, it can't, that is it's dream. It is perfectly whole not realizing itself, the suffering comes from the separation that is created when there is a need to.

Edited by traveler

"There's a real problem with the word [God], because it shields the genuinely divisive doctrines and believers from criticism. If the God of the 25 percent is incredibly valuable, which it is; and it's actually worth realizing, which it is; and it's something we can talk about rationally, which it is; then calling it 'God' prevents you from criticizing all the divisive nonsense that comes with religion." - Sam Harris

"Believing in transcendence is not the same thing as believing that you'll get virgins in paradise if you blow yourself up" - Sam Harris

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

@Kalo "..and they were alleging mostly that I was a Materialist, and that I'm somehow dogmatically opposed to the idea that mind might play some role in defining reality, or parts of it.. but that's just not true..." - Sam Harris

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

7 hours ago, Kalo said:

The problem with Sam's ego is that it thinks that this reality is without God. That it's possible that God does not exist. 

If he realized that materialism is total garbage, he might become conscious of the Supreme.

Interesting how sure you are of your opinion... and how wrong,  see above quotes...

All I see is a bunch of egos expressing ignorance, and feeling justified in doing so

Wake up!

Enlightenment doesn't mean anger doesn't arise.  You're just not identifying with the anger. The experience of nonduality removes certain unnecessary mental loops revolving around the fictitious I-thought, but it doesn't mean stuff ceases to piss you off.  That would mean enlightenment rendered the brain non-functional.  It doesn't matter if all is one, some of the all is asleep to it and its behavior can certainly piss you off.

On 3/1/2021 at 7:52 AM, Leo Gura said:

He's got something. Whether it is God-realization, I don't know. I can't stand listening to those Neo-Advaita types.

It’s very repetitive but it’s also somewhat soothing to me. I’ve listened to Jim Newman Tony Parsons to go to sleep before hahahaha.

jim and Tony and the Neo Advaitans may not have realized god but it seems they have realized no self, I suppose that’s a start. That is a sort of awakening in itself, hopefully when I realize no self through experience I do not trivialize life like they do, I don’t think it’s a worthless perspective but it’s awful tough living in a dream just constantly telling the other dream people that they don’t exist aha I feel like that is already implied but it’s a paradox and a mystery I guess