Endangered-EGO

Materialism, idealism, solipsism, panpsychism What is TRUE? NONE? Wat isn't

60 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Mythos said:

What are the best techniques for cleaning the mind?

Actualized.org

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You must learn to shut off your mind, AND you must learn to use your mind well when it's called for. And you must learn when to do which. This is the way.

Well put.

15 hours ago, Someone here said:

LOL. There is just no need to dig down that rabbit hole.

The direct experience investigation of apparent "me" is what spirituality all about. Always up to you though.

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

On 06/02/2021 at 1:18 PM, Endangered-EGO said:

Lower self may be an illusory identity, but still an experience, which may not make it necessarily true but it exists.

If it is illusory / 'not necessarily true', how can you be sure it exists? You don't even really know what 'it' is.

I think you should start asking "what is truth?", instead of looking for truth in panpsychism, solipsism, etc etc. 

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

12 hours ago, Hello from Russia said:

When I experience people with really cleaned up mind and psyche I feel so nice in their presence despite them not really being woke. It's amazing, really. I'd even say they are actually quite woke but in their own way. Just more of a secular definition of woke ness

I agree. But even healthy and happy people are limiting themselves by not stopping to really question the nature of reality. 

You have to find the best of both worlds.

“The psychotic drowns in the same waters in which the mystic swims with delight.”

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Actualized.org

Interesting website, I might take a look at it later.

6 hours ago, Mythos said:

What are the best techniques for cleaning the mind?

Contemplation, without "finding" or "fixating" on answers to your question. At least that works for me.

On 2021-02-07 at 5:43 AM, VeganAwake said:

Others apparent consciousness was still there, but his was gone. That means when that body/mind die's, it's completely lights out. There won't even be the slightest inkling of anything ever existing, just like before birth. ❤

Consciousness was still aware even though there was nothing to be aware of. Just a recognition of a presence nothing else.

10 hours ago, WelcometoReality said:

Consciousness was still aware even though there was nothing to be aware of. Just a recognition of a presence nothing else.

It's just in my experience when I was sedated a couple times for surgery, it was just nothingness or total unawareness / unconsciousness.

It can even be described because it's soooo nothing.

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

1 hour ago, VeganAwake said:

It's just in my experience when I was sedated a couple times for surgery, it was just nothingness or total unawareness / unconsciousness.

I really hoped after that Infinite ❤️ talk you was that soooo nothing. 

I would hint you actual practises or psychedelics. Less of this talk preaching, teachers etc. All conceptual go for actual. 

1 hour ago, VeganAwake said:

Why assume that it will be like that when you die? 

It is just an assumption. 

This is what death looks like.

Experience is not going anywhere. 

it can just change.

When you went unconcious in surgery, it happens in 1 sec.

You wake up when you got put to sleep.

Permanent unconciousness is a belief and does not correlate with any experience you have ever had.

Awareness has no place to go.

If Conciousness is, non Conciousness is not possible.

Conciousness cant experience unconciousness thats why you wake up the moment you got put to sleep.

Use logic and reason to see that non existence is impossible. 

Conciousness is not something that comes and goes.

Same with this robert wolfe you keep copy pasting,  he has no clue about what death is and no clue about non existence. 

It is a nihilistic teaching and have no difference from a pure atheist/materialism.

That might fit your assumptions and point of view but when awakening happens you recognize that awareness IS not a thing or a personal quality people have that arises and goes away.

You experienced getting put to sleep and waking up hours later but for you no time passed. 

It is the same in sleep. 

There is no escape from life.

Only memories or absence of memorys make it seem so.

Memory is imaginary.

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

On 2/6/2021 at 8:41 AM, Moksha said:

When you directly realize your Self, not at the conceptual, but at the spiritual level, solipsism shows its empty hand. When your eyes open, you see the sameness, and the seamless contiguity, between all beings. That seeing dispels the lie of solipsism. Nonduality finally makes sense, not to the mind, but to the God that You are. I am only localized Consciousness, a transient wave with a beginning and an ending, but ultimately I am God, and so are you.

Love your posts man

6 hours ago, VeganAwake said:

Was there an experience of absolute nothing, or was there an absense of awareness of the nothing that was?

IMO there is a differnce between experiencing timelessness (eternity) or not experiencing time.

Is it the same during deep sleep?

I just can't make any sense of sedation/coma + awareness of the absence of anything.

@Ry4n ? Thanks man.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

21 hours ago, Adamq8 said:

This is what death looks like.

Yes ? The biggest problem for the sense of self is death.

It can't comprehend its own unreality ❤

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

2 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

Yes ? The biggest problem for the sense of self is death.

It can't comprehend its own unreality ❤

Death of a self actually means/is that you are Reality itself or that you will not be able to distinguish your own kids from yourself. Oneness you know. Death before death. Nothing to do with "sense of self" but actually. 

If you like to follow teachings atleast follow correct ones. 

17 hours ago, Endangered-EGO said:

Was there an experience of absolute nothing, or was there an absense of awareness of the nothing that was?

IMO there is a differnce between experiencing timelessness (eternity) or not experiencing time.

Is it the same during deep sleep?

I just can't make any sense of sedation/coma + awareness of the absence of anything.

Well the sense of self is experience...so it can't fathom non-experience the same way it can't grasp unknowing. ❤

11 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

Well the sense of self is experience...so it can't fathom non-experience the same way it can't grasp unknowing. ❤

There can't be "non experience" or "non existance". How "sense of self" can fathom anything when what it really is, is just indentification with body and all relativistic thinking based on comparisson btw "you as human and the world". 

God is immortal. 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

Was thinking about problem of time and continuity today, then again it comes to what you define as time. 

What I found was that continuity is just change in experience , but if we look at time and do not go by standard measure, which if you really think about it can't be really measured, it is just objective marker of experience that in a sense could not even mean that markers are at exact same distance , or that there is distance to begin with. 

Anyhow it is pretty clear to everyone that one moment can feel like forever and 1 hour can feel like it went past in a moment .

Which reminds me of movie Lucy where they present screen of highway and car driving on it , what happens if you make car drive faster and faster and then increase it to infinity, car will disappear. Now if we think of the screen as a time and continuity as car it makes sense.