Endangered-EGO

Materialism, idealism, solipsism, panpsychism What is TRUE? NONE? Wat isn't

60 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Endangered-EGO said:

@Someone here Okay, fair enough, however the things that are not perceived are not necessarily "untrue". There is still a possibility of it being outside of our reach. The fact that you cannot know if other humans are sentient, doesn't mean they aren't.

Yes I didn't say others are not sentient. I said it's an unresolvable issue. Since you only have experience of your own sentience. Just making a clear distinction that your own conscience is certainly True. While others will remain a mystery. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

@Leo Gura Is it a good idea to continue thinking about the metaphysics of reality, I might form new beliefs but I could also uncover underlying beliefs I don't know I have, and so being able to put them aside when doing self inquiry? I have to admit though, that most glimpses I had simply didn't have anything to do with my worldview. glimpses just change the worldviews.

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

@Vibroverse your understanding of "True" is not the same for me. 

My own definition of TRUTH=undeniably True.  Only direct experience meets this definition.

All philosophy is just conceptual noise. 

Great to hear bro. 

What is "my own", "for me", is it undeniably True?

3 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Yes I didn't say others are not sentient. I said it's an unresolvable issue. Since you only have experience of your own sentience. Just making a clear distinction that your own conscience is certainly True. While others will remain a mystery. 

Can you find the separate entity in the direct experience that declares "this is my own conscience", "there are others"?

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

Saying that there are other truths is a falacy of the same level of:

-The anus is made to evacuate digested food.

-But its also made for anal sex.

Denying all truths, would be so false like denying the true purpose for the anus.

12 hours ago, Endangered-EGO said:

@Moksha Well because the illusory thing that was projected within me, the ego, was also projected within other-selves, but the fact that my self was illusory and the nothingness, means that other-selves are also illusory. However, there is no direct perception/evidence of the other-self being sentient, just the projection of my ego into other people, which was destroyed by the insight into no-thing-ness of the self.

This is what I meant by the difference between conceptual and spiritual awakening. Conceptual awakening is the "aha!" moment of realizing that you are not the self you always thought you were. Spiritual awakening is more profound than that. It is directly realizing God in You, and in everything else. Your spiritual eyes open, and you see differently. It makes no sense conceptually, because it is an "out of mind" experience. When it happens, you will see solipsism for the silliness that it is.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

56 minutes ago, Rajneeshpuram said:

Saying that there are other truths is a falacy of the same level of:

-The anus is made to evacuate digested food.

-But its also made for anal sex.

Denying all truths, would be so false like denying the true purpose for the anus.

escalated.JPG

Edited by Chris365

1 hour ago, Endangered-EGO said:

@Leo Gura Is it a good idea to continue thinking about the metaphysics of reality, I might form new beliefs but I could also uncover underlying beliefs I don't know I have, and so being able to put them aside when doing self inquiry? I have to admit though, that most glimpses I had simply didn't have anything to do with my worldview. glimpses just change the worldviews.

By going by belief you will only dig yourself further away from the Truth

7 hours ago, Endangered-EGO said:

Yes, it's still good to think things through. It's a way of organizing and spotting problems in your worldview.

Awakening alone will not get rid of the worldview problem. You will still have a mind with a worldview and that worldview could be really bad. Like you could be some kind of MAGA supporter.

Awakening is one thing.

Cleaning up the mind is a separate thing and it is important. There's a bunch of shit in your mind and it lacks coherence.

It's also hard to awaken unless you're deeply questioning all aspects of reality.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Hardly you will see anyone awoken being neo nazi for example. More conscious more left oriented as you can see on polls on this forum for example. 

Wisdom is important aspect too. 

@zeroISinfinity Need I bring up Ramaji and Ananda as MAGAs?

It baffles the mind, but it is the case that even enlightened people can be fools.

Enlightenment does not guarantee that you will use your mind properly. In fact, if your path toward enlightenment places a strong emphases on shutting off the mind, then it's very likely you will use your mind improperly post-enlightenment because you didn't bother to clean it up and develop it.

Development of the mind is important -- despite what the Buddhists would have you believe. Merely shutting off the mind is not going to solve mankind's problems and it is not scalable to society at large.

You must learn to shut off your mind, AND you must learn to use your mind well when it's called for. And you must learn when to do which. This is the way.

45 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes, it's still good to think things through. It's a way of organizing and spotting problems in your worldview.

Awakening alone will not get rid of the worldview problem. You will still have a mind with a worldview and that worldview could be really bad. Like you could be some kind of MAGA supporter.

Awakening is one thing.

Cleaning up the mind is a separate thing and it is important. There's a bunch of shit in your mind and it lacks coherence.

It's also hard to awaken unless you're deeply questioning all aspects of reality.

When I experience people with really cleaned up mind and psyche I feel so nice in their presence despite them not really being woke. It's amazing, really. I'd even say they are actually quite woke but in their own way. Just more of a secular definition of woke ness

Healthy psyches = Healthy beings

I feel we just need more holistically healthy people in general and the world will already turn into much better and much more woke place for anyone

Edited by Hello from Russia

@Hello from Russia That is far more practical than enlightenment for most people.

9 hours ago, allislove said:

Great to hear bro. 

What is "my own", "for me", is it undeniably True?

Can you find the separate entity in the direct experience that declares "this is my own conscience", "there are others"?

LOL. There is just no need to dig down that rabbit hole.   

I'm real. Helllo? ? Who are you asking? ?

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

19 hours ago, WelcometoReality said:

When Rupert had the anaesthisia the mind stopped being aware but consciousness was still there. Nothing influences it on that level. Time happens within consciousness.

Others apparent consciousness was still there, but his was gone. That means when that body/mind die's, it's completely lights out. There won't even be the slightest inkling of anything ever existing, just like before birth. ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

There's no such thing as birth or death or unconsciousness. You're imagining all of them NOW.

31 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

There's no such thing as birth or death or unconsciousness. You're imagining all of them NOW.

What if it's just that particular body/mind organism imagining that birth and death are imaginary?

The creation of the separate individual within the body-mind organism seems to be the only completely illusory part of this apparent experience.

Edited by VeganAwake

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

32 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

What if it's just that particular body/mind organism imagining that birth and death are imaginary?

No!

Wake up!

17 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

No!

Wake up!

It was definitely off-topic my fault. ❤

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

What are the best techniques for cleaning the mind?