Tal

Is Leo A Highly Sensitive Person?

39 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, JosephKnecht said:

It takes one to know One.

If you are sensitive, you can sense his level of sensitivity. 

If you are not, then you can't. 

Cmon People im gonna start crying right now!!! stop it!!!! love you all.

5 hours ago, JosephKnecht said:

It takes one to know One.

If you are sensitive, you can sense his level of sensitivity. 

If you are not, then you can't. 

Sooo what would you say?@JosephKnecht

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

Hi everyone, I was wrong, I'm 100 percent sure Leo is sensitive. I just rationalized why he isn't.

16 minutes ago, JosephKnecht said:

Sometimes I sense love. 

Sometimes I sense wisdom.

Sometimes I sense complete BS. :D 

true

@Nahm You keep speaking at your level:), There is value in the books and courses on HSP, and it is a generalization so you can resonate with only some things, and you can let it go if that is what you wish( will be useful in the END)

2 hours ago, Tal said:

@Nahm You keep speaking at your level:),

There are no levels. You can inspect your direct experience and verify this.   This is also sometimes referred to as ‘othering’. Sometimes when someone is holding beliefs about themself which resonate at the lower end of the emotional scale, when they experience someone who is not, they create the belief that that someone is at a “higher level”. This is also reversible, in that someone experiencing the higher end of the emotional scale can mentally hold themself to be at a “higher level” than someone else, who is experiencing the lower end of the scale. Most simply though, ‘level’ is a thought. It is indicative of the ignorance of the finite mind, or what is sometimes called ‘black & white thinking’. There is nothing right or wrong, better or worse in this regard. There is only how each one feels, hence the significance of using the scale. Imagine frogs croaking about what level frogs are at. It get’s funny quick. Have the laugh. It’s funny because frogs don’t have monkey mind, or the potential to believe thoughts. 

There is value in the books and courses on HSP, and it is a generalization so you can resonate with only some things, and you can let it go if that is what you wish( will be useful in the END)

That is great info imo, and in the right direction. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

The more you go down this path, the more sensitive you become. The more you uncover the hurt, pain, and sadness under the body armoring/defense mechanisms, the more you'll be sensitive. 

I notice that I feel much more than before I started on this journey. I feel a wider range of emotions because I'm slowly opening up my hardened heart.

However, sensitivity doesn't mean weakness. You will feel more without getting overwhelmed. You don't need to resist life. Life flows freely through you from this sensitive and open state.

Edited by Setzer901

Highly sensitive person is a term I brought from Elaine N. Aron's work. You can use it other ways, but that's what I meant.

@Nahm  There is what is, ok, no beliefs. But- my situation is that I am very overwhelmed by people and situations and I really have social anxiety and fear of being harmed. I am very stressed and my whole body hurts. my mind is very foggy, can't think clear, see clear, percieve clearly, I don't feel GOOD! I am willing to do whatever it takes for feeling GOOD. So I am getting advice from what resonates and going in that direction. By levels I just meant that your answers tell me to recognize the truth but in reality there is a path you have to go through to get there. You told us your story and it didn't just happen one day, you had a process. I feel like you know this already, and we understand each other, but I am just expressing myself to help myself and others who resonate. Love to everybody here 

There are different forms of sensitivity. I for example have quite some emotional sensitivity, if someone feels uneasy around me, good change I might too. If I look at someone and he/she smiles, big change I smile at least as hard. I don't feel Leo is much of what you call a typical empathic person, who would share this type of sensitivity. But people can be sensitive to other things too

@Tal

I feel ya. In regard to the lower end of the emotional scale, cleaning up my diet, and exercising & meditating every morning was the game changer.  A lighthearted explanation of going through the emotional scale might be helpful and or clarifying in some aspects. If you’re inclined, please share any feedback that comes to mind. All flavors welcomed. ?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Thank you nahm, I will try to use your technique as well.

I would bet he's not HSP.
But also these 'easy to market'-psychological labels I don't take too seriously. Same thing with "ADHD", "Psychopathy", "Aspergers" etc - labels that are (imo) misunderstood and simplified notions of more complex realities.

Edited by Value