Someone here

Absolute Truth or "perception"

118 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Nahm except it is possible. I have done it. :)

Are you looking for truth or the end of seeking.

Because the end of seeking is recognizing the Seeker was just the mind running rampant.

It's unknowable but not in the sense that things can't seem to be apparently discovered.

It's unknowable in the sense that whatever the mind projects onto these apparent discoveries is just another conditioned and limited concept.

So in that sense you could say absolute truth is that everything is absolutely unknowable and infinite ❤

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

You can't place a label on that which is infinite, and hang it on a nail, mark it off like a badge of accomplishment... it doesn't work like that.

It also can't be placed in a box and checked off as understood.

But go ahead and try as you will nothing wrong with that..❤

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@VeganAwake ..Your kids are not a concept.. They are not a "conditioned thought".. They are not "the mind running rampant".... They are Absolute Truth. 

So-called perception or sensory experience (your five-sensed experience of a 3D world. Nothing fancy)... turns out to be the only absolute Truth. 

You know what that means? It means it's certainly True. It's certainly existing. That's all. I'm not making a huge discovery here. Truth turns out to be the most obvious thing ever. Which is precisely why it goes overlooked and filterd out. 

While whatever conceptual knowledge one might have (reincarnation.. No self.. This.. That etc) are not the Truth in the sense that they are uncertain by nature. Because they are just ideas and speculation. 

Easy enough? 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

@Someone here yeah you can call it whatever you want, absolute truth, dirty socks, cupcake,... its infinite ❤

53 minutes ago, Nahm said:

That’s what “ego” points to. The separate of truth, conscious of truth, ‘self’. The “doer”of a past which has done it. Absolute=perception, rather than ‘or’. 

What you (perhaps) don't understand is that all these things are relative. 

"you" "ego" depends on the definition. 

If we define "me" as the physical body.. Then certainly "me" exists.  If we define "me" as a unicorn.. Then certainly "me" doesn't exist. 

Also.. Unity doesn't make sense without the concept of separation. Nothing makes sense without its opposition (that which is not it). 

None of these things are Absolute Truth.  

@VeganAwake

Yep. 

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

3 minutes ago, Someone here said:

What you (perhaps) don't understand is that all these things are relative. 

"you" "ego" depends on the definition. 

If we define "me" as the physical body.. Then certainly "me" exists.  If we define "me" as a unicorn.. Then certainly "me" doesn't exist. 

Also.. Unity doesn't make sense without the concept of separation. Nothing makes sense without its opposition (that which is not it). 

None of these things are Absolute Truth.  

The belief of things = the belief of the separate self, as the knower of the things. Not two. 

Nothing doesn’t depend on anything because nothing is nothing, nothing is “everything”. 

Nothing doesn’t need anything to make sense. The knower needs. Nothing is “the knower”. 

Nothing is absolute truth. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

1 hour ago, VeganAwake said:

You can't place a label on that which is infinite, and hang it on a nail, mark it off like a badge of accomplishment... it doesn't work like that.

It also can't be placed in a box and checked off as understood.

But go ahead and try as you will nothing wrong with that..❤

???

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

The belief of things = the belief of the separate self, as the knower of the things. Not two. 

Nothing doesn’t depend on anything because nothing is nothing, nothing is “everything”. 

Nothing doesn’t need anything to make sense. The knower needs. Nothing is “the knower”. 

Nothing is absolute truth. 

What a nonsense! ? And yet it very much resonates, but not by "the knower" ?

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

And well of course simultaneously it can be labeled, placed in a box and believed to be understood...

Time is a great example of this.

There is apparent time:

I can schedule to meet with my real estate agent in the next hour to discuss the selling of a piece of property. And simultaneously that concept of time was created by humans and doesn't really exist.

This is what is meant by saying the experience is simultaneously REAL and UNREAL.

e.g.o = eyes generating outside

the eyes are the ego, the filter through which you see the world

if you have out of body experience, you can look directly at your body and note that you see perfectly well without your eyes

so eyes are the conditioning you impose on the world

eyes do not give truth ... two people can look at the same dress and see it as a different color

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_dress

however from the consciousness of internal spirit we will see the same everything

5 hours ago, gettoefl said:

eyes do not give truth ... two people can look at the same dress and see it as a different color. 

Now here's a mindfuck.. You actually don't know what other people perceive. You don't know if your red is their red. You both call red to be red.. But you actually have no way to perceive the red via the eyes of others. I think this ties nicely with this whole "only thing you know to be for sure is your own experience" thing that I'm kinda preaching.   Let alone that you don't know what "color" is. You actually have no idea what anything is but just to make it specific otherwise it's possible to deconstruct entire human knowledge if it's not founded on direct experience. 

@Nahm sorry not quite understanding you.  

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

9 hours ago, Someone here said:

@VeganAwake ..Your kids are not a concept.. They are not a "conditioned thought".. They are not "the mind running rampant".... They are Absolute Truth. 

So-called perception or sensory experience (your five-sensed experience of a 3D world. Nothing fancy)... turns out to be the only absolute Truth. 

You know what that means? It means it's certainly True. It's certainly existing. That's all. I'm not making a huge discovery here. Truth turns out to be the most obvious thing ever. Which is precisely why it goes overlooked and filterd out. 

While whatever conceptual knowledge one might have (reincarnation.. No self.. This.. That etc) are not the Truth in the sense that they are uncertain by nature. Because they are just ideas and speculation. 

Easy enough? 

Why are speculation and idea's any less True then the passing of "looking at hand" or sensory experience?  Are not both equal as experience?  Can you see at times that your definition of Truth seems to hinge on your definitions of Truth to be so.  Why something is Truth and why something isn't all hinging on..... "......"?

@Mu_ my definition of TRUTH as direct sensory experience is true because it is true. It can't be justified any further. It is what it is. We've hit rock bottom. 

Consider that 7 billion people on the planet agree that sun exists because they are directly experiencing it.. While disagreement on matters like religious beliefs is simply due to lack of experience and faith based Truth. 

-Osho

28 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Mu_ my definition of TRUTH as direct sensory experience is true because it is true. It can't be justified any further. It is what it is. We've hit rock bottom. 

Consider that 7 billion people on the planet agree that sun exists because they are directly experiencing it.. While disagreement on matters like religious beliefs is simply due to lack of experience and faith based Truth. 

But what about Truth = God told me it is love, so that can't get any more rock bottom, there for it is, and since God told me, your idea of Truth is false.  See... Its just definitions of Truth.

Are you saying 7 billion people give greater credence to something, because there is a consensus?

Don't get me wrong, I think I agree with something within what your saying, its just not so rock bottom and done, of which Im not sure your saying either.

36 minutes ago, Mu_ said:

But what about Truth = God told me it is love, so that can't get any more rock bottom, there for it is, and since God told me, your idea of Truth is false.  See... Its just definitions of Truth. 

Well if you actually experienced "God" telling you xyz then that would be true for you because you experienced it. Otherwise you would be deluding yourself. And people are not gonna Believe you unless you show them that supposed God.  Again what is the criteria here? Direct experience. 

36 minutes ago, Mu_ said:

Are you saying 7 billion people give greater credence to something, because there is a consensus?

I'm saying two people can disagree about anything if it's thought based or speculative in nature. While they can never disagree upon something they both have the same experience of. Which should show you that direct experience is the only certain parameter. 

Edited by Someone here

-Osho

Like when people thought the world was flat and the sun circled around the Earth