fridjonk

Anyone Into Daily Stretching Here? ?

40 posts in this topic

Replace walking with lunges. Been doing this for a month now, great results. Deep lunges. 

Starting to lunge as fast as i walk now. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

4 hours ago, acidgoofy said:

now I can't even understand how people life who dont streach lol xD

Right! It feels so good and relaxing. :D 

I used to but unfortunately i don't stretch much anymore. I should get back to it though. 

@fridjonk yeah i am thinking for a long time now to jump some rope every morning. It sounds good to stretch every morning after jumping some rope, after working out and doing some yoga here and there. 

@BlackMaze Jumping rope is great, it's an art even, to learn how to flow and bounce effortlessly. Floyd Mayweather is a good example. Just don't forget to stretch your calves. I remember when I skipped rope for 20 minutes straight one time and didn't have time to stretch after, my calves turned into rocks the next day. xD

@fridjonk yes i love it. I usually try to jump 1000 times with rests if needed. I should really find a workout plan or something. If you have something good to share please do. 

@BlackMaze You can try and set a goal you want to achieve and work towards that. I often find programs to be worse for when you're starting out. Maybe you set a goal of 2000 jumps without break, and the only way to get towards that is to jump rope. ;) 

On 2/4/2021 at 10:51 PM, JohnnyAb said:

I use this bad boy, daily when I feel I need it, or before training to improve my mobility. It's sooo good. When doing pistol squats, or skin-the-cats on rings, or even simple compounds, it's just a total game changer.

61UUyuH7zJL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

Totally agree. I use the same roller on an as needed basis. Best for legs and back, especially if you have w/o related pains. I also use massage balls and a massage cane for those harder to reach spots like shoulder blades, shoulders, arms and when more deep and precise work's required. Rolling is awesome for overall physical health. Can't recommend it enough.

I personally do a 20 - 30 min mobility/stretching routine each morning when I wake up. The one thing I don't have to "push" myself to do. That's how good it feels.

For those who are interested and new to foam rolling, this model is more intense than a roller made simply of regular foam. There are always ways to adjust the intensity, but still.

@fridjonk @BlackMaze I love jump rope. Best cardio, IMHO. I do 40 secs on/20 secs off for about 15 min. I find the alternate time vs number of jumps works well, especially if you're starting as I find it can get frustrating to hit # of jumps when you trip up a lot.

I like working out. I like following along with yoga poses in a video.

I don't like stretching my hamstrings. It just hurts.

When you start working out, it just hurts, but then it starts to feel good too.

Leg related stretches just keep hurting even if I do them very often for years.

I stretch my hamstrings after running. I hate it every time. Any enjoyment I get from it is purely masochistic.

Any tips?

Edited by flowboy

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

@flowboy There's a valuable lesson for you there. 

Learning to let go even if it's painful and you hate it. There really is no solution to pain when stretching. The only thing I can think of is to keep it short and sweet, and eventually work your way to a longer duration. It's even said that the pain gets worse the more flexible you become, so it would be best to learn how to deal with it, instead of avoiding it. 

5 minutes ago, flowboy said:

@fridjonk Then I can do it but I don't understand what you love about it :P

I love discomfort and pain because I hate it. When I go through discomfort and let go, I become a little closer to god, since he lives through all experiences. Cold showers are a great teacher for letting go because you kill your ego slowly. The ego loves comfort and pleasure, so when you do something it doesn't like, I'm forced to either suffer or go to my higher self. ;) 

Edited by fridjonk

@fridjonk I couldn't agree more.

I just was under the impression that it was more enjoyable for others than it was for me. Thanks for clearing that up :)

I still much prefer cold showers

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/