kieranperez

Rupert Spira on Sam Harris Podcast

297 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, ItsNick said:

Harris also didn't seem to understand Spira when he said "there was no discontinuity of consciousness" during his operation. Harris thought there must be such a thing because the surgeons were at work.

He didn't grasp that from the POV of consciousness, there are no discontinuities, ever.

Just 4 discussing

If consciousness would come from the brain, or whatever... How could in theory a discontinued experience be possible prom POV of the first person...

So Ruperts argument that for him there in no discontinuity in consciousness while being in operation, is no valid argument because by definition you cant experience that even when that is present... You cant experience from a first person POV consciously an unconscious experience... And that does not mean that there is no discontinuity, just that you cant experience it from your POV

Edited by Dino D
wrong typing

47 minutes ago, ItsNick said:

He didn't grasp that from the POV of consciousness, there are no discontinuities, ever.

That is a believe you have, it is metaphysics.  Yes it was a discontinuity of consciousness because Rupert Spira wasn´t consciousness during surgey, as simple as that.

8 minutes ago, RedLine said:

That is a believe you have, it is metaphysics.  Yes it was a discontinuity of consciousness because Rupert Spira wasn´t consciousness during surgey, as simple as that.

Lol

You don't get it.

YOU are all there is. There is no discontinuity in Spira's consciousness because YOU are conscious!

For fuck's sake. Your conscious is Absolute and there is no other.

You guys are arguing pure delusion. All your arguments are wrong. They are not even within the same plane as Truth.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Lol

You don't get it.

YOU are all there is. There is no discontinuity in Spira's consciousness because YOU are conscious!

For fuck's sake. Your conscious is Absolute and there is no other.

That is a belief!

Edited by RedLine

6 minutes ago, RedLine said:

That is a belief!

lol Here you go again... Still waiting for your replies my dear btw. Care to question yourself a little and be open to facing your experience?

@Leo Gura Who's consciousness? 

When you say, 'YOU' are all there is, who are you talking to?' Yourself? 

When you say 'Sam Harris is locked into his paradigm', who are you talking about?' Yourself? The appearance of Sam Harris? 

It's a little strange to claim, 'YOU are all there is, but there is also Sam Harris.'

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

7 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

When you say 'Sam Harris is locked into his paradigm', who are you talking about?' Yourself? The appearance of Sam Harris? 

It's a little strange to claim, 'YOU are all there is, but there is also Sam Harris.'

It’s called making a concession to duality in order to have a conversation, Rupert does it all the time and it’s the only way to communicate.

Imagine how messy and impossible to understand everything would be if one couldn’t make distinctions in order to address any topic, not possible. No one’s here, nothing is happening, so nothing matters. We’d have to remain silent.

Edited by Mannyb

6 minutes ago, Mannyb said:

From what you’re saying no one’s here, nothing is happening, so nothing matters. We’d have to remain silent.

Yes, which is Sam's point. For this conversation (or any conversation) to matter, is to be 'locked into the materialist paradigm'. 

Edited by Mason Riggle

2 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

Yes, which is Sam's point. For this conversation (or any conversation) to matter, is to be 'locked into the materialist paradigm'. 

Thank god it doesn’t matter in the least ? 

14 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

It's called going full circle - from Relative (self) --> Absolute ( Self) --> Relative (self integrated into Self). So you can move between the Absolute and the Relative with ease and with existential understanding of the (seemingly separate) wave being one and same as the ocean/water.

2 minutes ago, Mannyb said:

Thank god it doesn’t matter in the least ? 

Perhaps.. will you run out and rob a bank today? 

1 minute ago, Natasha said:

It's called going full circle - from Relative (self) --> Absolute ( Self) --> Relative (self integrated into Self). So you can move between the Absolute and the Relative with ease and with existential understanding of the wave being same as the ocean/water.

@Mason Riggle will tell you there is no wave, and he will be right haha 

@Natasha 'you are not controlling the storm, and you are not lost in it, you ARE the storm' - Sam Harris. 

Does this sound like Harris doesn't grasp the concept of 'oneness'? 

Just now, Mason Riggle said:

Perhaps.. will you run out and rob a bank today? 

You? Run? Rob? Bank? Today? ? I just eternally God

50 minutes ago, Mannyb said:

Any awakened being knows there's no wave dah ;)

6 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

@Natasha 'you are not controlling the storm, and you are not lost in it, you ARE the storm' - Sam Harris. 

What is a Harris? One thing is intellectually grasping, another thing is real felt understanding, love & beauty. In duality, Rupert has both intellectual and emotional embodiment of the understanding of our nature, which SH seems to lack.

Edited by Mannyb

2 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

He could be just parroting someone else or some quote. From what Ive heard from him, he still lacks in existential understanding of reality.

6 minutes ago, Mannyb said:

There was never an ocean either ❤ :o

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

2 minutes ago, Natasha said:

He could be just parroting someone else or some quote. From what Ive heard from him, he still lacks in existential understanding of reality.

Who does? Sam Harris, wave, who is actually You, ocean?