Shunyata

What does selling your soul mean?

26 posts in this topic

What does selling your soul usually mean?

Stay cool & dry.

I don't know what it really means but i used to joke that a friend of mine sold his soul when he changed his beliefs and values to match his new girlfriend's beliefs and values.

soul = heart. When you act against your heart, it costs you. Care to guess who is on the other end holding the chip reader? ;) 

At the root, it means sacrificing your self for external gain.

Letting another control you for a certain benefit, usually something like money

You are what you currently desire. ❤️

For me, doing an unconscious activity.

Edited by Understander

The longer version is: selling your soul to the Devil. In other words making a deal with the Devil to sell your soul to him in exchange for supernatural assistance and advantage. In more religious times having no soul would mean you would go to hell instead of heaven.

See here for some background: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Faustus_(play)#Pact_with_Lucifer

All stories and explanations are false.

Believing that love is outside you and separate from you, and so you cut yourself off from your own feeling, inspiration, intuition, and Source of Love itself in order to get it. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

To choose the world, the ego, giving in return your true essence, the love

Edited by Breakingthewall

15 hours ago, LastThursday said:

The longer version is: selling your soul to the Devil. In other words making a deal with the Devil to sell your soul to him in exchange for supernatural assistance and advantage. In more religious times having no soul would mean you would go to hell instead of heaven.

See here for some background: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Faustus_(play)#Pact_with_Lucifer

there's no devil per se, but ok. IF you get "powers" it's up to you how you use them. 

It's really a subjective matter. Only you can say when you've sold your soul. You don't get to know what it means until you've done it.

Objectively... The most common example of a soul-deal you see out there of course is a person who has given up his authentic values for mostly material and egoistic purposes.

38 minutes ago, blackchair said:

there's no devil per se, but ok. IF you get "powers" it's up to you how you use them. 

Man that's hilarious. I gave a super literal answer (when clearly the OP was looking for something else). And in turn you took my answer super literally. Sorry for being a devil myself. Can I have your soul? Pretty please.

14 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

Man that's hilarious. I gave a super literal answer (when clearly the OP was looking for something else). And in turn you took my answer super literally. Sorry for being a devil myself. Can I have your soul? Pretty please.

yes you can.

16 hours ago, LastThursday said:

1 minute ago, blackchair said:

yes you can.

Great. You won't regret it. Sign here in blood...

Basically willingly ignoring the truth in exchange for some worldly promotion. Take that new executive position, with more power, but at what cost to your conscience? That kind of thing

The most typical example is an artist 'selling their soul' by peddling some message to the blind youth. They know the impact their voice has, but choose to spew poison for more $$$. Tupac Shakur basically did the complete opposite before his death. Released his most polarising album under an alias.