Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Striving for more

Hit my head earlier & unpleasant symptoms

7 posts in this topic

I hit my head (the top part) on a hard object earlier about 4PM  GMT

Have had a light headed feeling & headache since. & Disrupted sleep with extreme paranoia upon awakening :

Went to bed & prematurely woke up hour later, stuck in repetitive incoherent thought loops,  then my mum went to the bathroom & I thought there was a kidnapper & grabbed my scissors & waited there for 10 minutes, even after I said who's there & she replied, I thought that maybe a kidnapper/burgular had forced her to say that so I waited then calmed down then when I saw no one else was there.

Still feel weird hopefully this is nothing serious. 

I am clumsy so I hit my head fairly often unfortunately.  

I am sure there's a chance it will pass & I'll be fine tomorrow. But the night time paranoia has always came & go without hitting my head but it was particularly worse today. 

I do not expect to sleep tonight. W

The headache is particuarly noticeable in the right side of my head & is unpleasant, I feel pretty tense physically & its not in my control

I'm hoping this reaction is common & not indicative of something serious. 

I have to add that I do have a long history of "midnight psychosis" before, & the exact scenarios described used to happen regularly when I lived on my own & do always happen now & then although. it hadn't happened in recent weeks & I still have a headache so I drew the connection that the head collision cause it or brought it back I don't know 

Edited by Striving for more

@Striving for more Sounds like you may have given yourself a bit of a concussion. If symptoms worsen in the next 24-72 hours,  then seek a medical professional in person to check you out.

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Seems like mild concussion. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Ananta

15 hours ago, Ananta said:

@Striving for more Sounds like you may have given yourself a bit of a concussion. If symptoms worsen in the next 24-72 hours,  then seek a medical professional in person to check you out.

Yes symptoms are worse headache is worse. 

I also have really bad gut & digestive issues but that is not caused to the collision. 

Cognition & short term memory is bad, it was bad anyway but probably even worse, always forgetting why I walked in to  a room.

I am not used to seeking medical help & have a terrible track record of proactively seeking doctors, mainly because I feel like they're all fucking useless shites. 

Anyway, maybe I should call for assistance tomorrow. I'll see if it improves. 

Edited by Striving for more

@Striving for more If you mentally and physically rest, then you'll recover fine. Take Tylenol also if not allergic. If severe headache, then you may need a brain scan, but usually this is not the case.

Good luck

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Drink lots of water. It works for me. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

If you haven't already, you should probably get your head checked out. It's probably a concussion, but none the less.

I smacked my head really good a few years back, they ended up finding 'water on the brain'. Once they corrected that, I had my first awakening. Which was troubling and scary because I didnt know what an awakening was. 

Before they 'drained the brain' I had the digestive issues you described, persistent and severe headaches, and the foggy, short term memory symptoms as well. 

I am that I AM