cannedsoup

Do nothing meditation and oneness

17 posts in this topic

When I do the do nothing meditation, I find myself telling myself that everything I'm experiencing is me. That I am dreaming the birds flying by, the grass, the trees. That all of this was created by me. When I think of my family inside the house, they aren't real. They are just my imagination. When my dog comes outside, It's just me putting it back into reality, and when he goes back inside the house, it's just me emitting a part of myself from reality. I can understand these concepts and it feels like I'm just trying to convince myself until I believe it, which will lead to becoming conscious of oneness.

I would also like to note that I don't feel scared of believing this. It might be because I'm so far from believing it. Maybe deep down I'm still grounded to believing that I live on planet earth and that everyone around me is separate from me. Thinking about being conscious of this doesn't scare me. only when I come into contact with a human I find it scary to believe that they are me and I'm creating them.

I've never taken any psychedelics before. I really want to experience reality from this state of oneness conscious. As I said, I don't feel the thought of it but If I were to become conscious of this, I'd probably shit myself. How do I know when I'm ready to take it all in? And awakening, is it just convincing yourself that you are everything? Just like when I convinced myself that science was the reason for my existence.

Edited by cannedsoup

Stop telling yourself stuff in meditation. You are doing yourself a great disfavor.

Do nothing mean just that. You should do nothing, not telling yourself a bunch off bullshit.

Awakening is just you awakening from your bullshit ;) It's real. Not something you should be convincing yourself about.

2 hours ago, Dancer said:

Stop telling yourself stuff in meditation. You are doing yourself a great disfavor.

Do nothing mean just that. You should do nothing, not telling yourself a bunch off bullshit.

Awakening is just you awakening from your bullshit ;) It's real. Not something you should be convincing yourself about.

Isn't the point of do nothing meditation to let your mind loose? If your monkey mind keeps telling you stuff - so what? In this particular type of meditation it's perfectly normal. You can even daydream during session of do nothing meditation.

4 hours ago, cannedsoup said:

And awakening, is it just convincing yourself that you are everything? Just like when I convinced myself that science was the reason for my existence.

I don't think that awakening has anything to do with convincing yourself about anything. It's more about finding the truth

54 minutes ago, Porphyry Fedotov said:

Isn't the point of do nothing meditation to let your mind loose? If your monkey mind keeps telling you stuff - so what? In this particular type of meditation it's perfectly normal. You can even daydream during session of do nothing meditation.

There is no point to it. That's the point.

You can't do anything in do nothing meditation.

That's what makes it such a good practice, because it's a non-practice.

6 hours ago, cannedsoup said:

When I do the do nothing meditation, I find myself telling myself that everything I'm experiencing is me. That I am dreaming the birds flying by, the grass, the trees. That all of this was created by me. When I think of my family inside the house, they aren't real. They are just my imagination. When my dog comes outside, It's just me putting it back into reality, and when he goes back inside the house, it's just me emitting a part of myself from reality. I can understand these concepts and it feels like I'm just trying to convince myself until I believe it, which will lead to becoming conscious of oneness.

I would also like to note that I don't feel scared of believing this. It might be because I'm so far from believing it. Maybe deep down I'm still grounded to believing that I live on planet earth and that everyone around me is separate from me. Thinking about being conscious of this doesn't scare me. only when I come into contact with a human I find it scary to believe that they are me and I'm creating them.

I've never taken any psychedelics before. I really want to experience reality from this state of oneness conscious.

Enjoy the trips, also, inspect beliefs, uncover assumptions. Consider looking to what is actual in direct experience, rather than thinking & believing about it. Unwrap ‘the now’ like a present. Maybe this is the oneness consciousness and you’re assuming it isn’t? What then is the ‘wrapping paper’? Maybe you’re busied trying to convince yourself of concepts, but haven’t noticed there are not two of you? It would be more sensible to be trying to convince someone else. 

Incessant thinking & beliefs are like a movie. Directly experiencing awareness is like directly experiencing the screen, without the screens activity of being a movie. You, prior to birth, conditioning, identifying, assumptions, beliefs, etc. 

Do Nothing  meditation begins with the notion that this is already the oneness consciousness. In this light the veiling activity of the mind is readily spotted. When this occurs it is often recommended one practices meditation oriented toward quieting the mind, and grounding in feeling, and returning to Do Nothing at a later point. 

As I said, I don't feel the thought of it but If I were to become conscious of this, I'd probably shit myself.

The difference between thinking & believing, and actually feeling source, is like the difference between the thought of shitting yourself, and the universe literally shitting ‘your’ self.

How do I know when I'm ready to take it all in? 

The meditative mind receives insights, in the peaceful clarity where the thinking & believing used to be.  Without inspecting thoughts, assumptions, etc, that carousel of twoness just keep spinning, and one doesn’t notice one is on it.  One wouldn’t even know there is a matrix. Wouldn’t know what ‘sneakiness’, or ‘authentic’ point to. Imagine if right now you suddenly hilariously delightfully realized you’ve been madly, wildly, insanely, viscerally head over heals in love for a couple decades - but just now noticed for the first time. Imagine the wonder and awe, and also the shocking profundity you’d experience as to how it is possible that you somehow ever missed this, until just now.  And twenty seconds later it slips away, and you’re back on the carousel, none the wiser, not knowing there is a matrix. 

And awakening, is it just convincing yourself that you are everything? Just like when I convinced myself that science was the reason for my existence.

It varies greatly depending on who you ask, which is why only a peaceful clear mind & direct experience will do. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

6 hours ago, Kalo said:

Psychedelics should be taken by serious grown people. You should desire to know what Truth/God/Reality is above all else.

I'm not contemplating consuming Psychedelics so I can go fuck around in the forest. My desire is to understand Truth/God/Reality and psychedelics are a tool that I can use to get there.

(Skip to 8:00) ;)Try this, very similar to do nothing but even better, also L-theanine I find to be super underrated for meditation in this forum, the combination of the 2 can take you seriously deep (or at least it does for me). 

Surrender all your ideas about awakening; there's literally no way the mind could ever fully grasp this enigma, no matter how "woke" one thinks they are lmao. @cannedsoup

My advice with meditation would be to focus on surrendering all thoughts through this process first, THEN you can start looking for this thing you call "I", not through thinking, but through awareness itself; you have to feel your way to this, rather than think your way into it. I know this sounds rather flakey but it truly is an intuitive process that you have to get a hang of. It's an art, not a skill. 

9 hours ago, cannedsoup said:

How do I know when I'm ready to take it all in? And awakening, is it just convincing yourself that you are everything? 

For awakening “you” must let go and surrender the “yourself “. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

13 hours ago, Ry4n said:

(Skip to 8:00) ;)Try this, very similar to do nothing but even better, also L-theanine I find to be super underrated for meditation in this forum, the combination of the 2 can take you seriously deep (or at least it does for me). 

Surrender all your ideas about awakening; there's literally no way the mind could ever fully grasp this enigma, no matter how "woke" one thinks they are lmao. @cannedsoup

My advice with meditation would be to focus on surrendering all thoughts through this process first, THEN you can start looking for this thing you call "I", not through thinking, but through awareness itself; you have to feel your way to this, rather than think your way into it. I know this sounds rather flakey but it truly is an intuitive process that you have to get a hang of. It's an art, not a skill. 

@Ry4nThank you very much! I will try this today!

Edited by cannedsoup

17 hours ago, Porphyry Fedotov said:

I don't think that awakening has anything to do with convincing yourself about anything. It's more about finding the truth

@Porphyry FedotovYea, I'm too caught up in conceptualizing it.

Edited by cannedsoup

@cannedsoup

Ask yourself "how do I feel?" as often as possible. If an idea feels bad - let it go, in a sense do not believe in the idea. Meditate every morning focusing on deep slow breathing, bump it to 1 hour over time. That's all. Enlightenment is about deconstructing the old patterns, it's about letting the movie to play in the best possible way, it's about enjoying the movie, yourself. Peace! 

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

15 hours ago, Nahm said:

oriented toward quieting the mind, and grounding in feeling, and returning to Do Nothing at a later point. 

@Nahmdo you mean letting go of my thoughts and just focus on sensation?

Edited by cannedsoup

30 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@cannedsoup

More or less, yes. There’s a link with some meditations if you’re interested. Some of the details might be insightful or helpful. 

@Nahm I will gladly take free insight. thank you!