lmfao

Frustration with other points of view that seem crazy and retarded.

50 posts in this topic

Original (Thread Title)/question: "Would there be a problem if gender roles and non-heteronormativity were abolished?", which I later changed as I realised what was really behind my thoughts. So just know that that was my starting point. 

The way I see it, society places undue expectations on how one should behave or act depending on whether they were born with a vagina or penis.

Perhaps what I’m asking is the same as asking “Would there be a problem with X ‘low consciousness’ thing being removed?”, which might become a question of “How or why do these low consciousness things exist in the first place?” ? In which case the whole questioning process might be faultily framed and held in the first place. 
---
I’ve had plenty of exposure to Islamic religious fundamentalism through my family and environment growing up, and I would like to think I understand some things from that domain fairly well. Understanding Stage Blue and other associated things quite well. 

Even so I still struggle to “empathise” or understand why various religious and ideological systems have these various themes. What the logic is behind a lot of these things. 

For example, lots of these systems have a strange relationship to anything sex or gender related. Why would men fucking other men in the butt have to do with anything morality or society related? The only effect I see of doing that is oppression. 

Perhaps the answer is just that I don’t appreciate the vantage point I have versus what others have, as absurd and retarded I find some other POV’s to be. 

So was anything in the domain of sex so strongly controlled because before the strong control, people just raped and abused each other? And so these systems exist because men and humans might just become wild impulsive animals? Aaaaaaaahhhhhhh it makes no sense but it does. 
--

Ultimately, what I'm typing out is my problem with digesting and accepting that people can think things I find completely crazy, illogical and inferior. That's the root of what's going on in my mind, and I "projected" it onto other people as I questioned and pondered why they are so "retarded" with this arbitrary question of gender and sex , rather than focusing on myself. 

Very strong feelings of frustration arise in trying to understand and empathise with these POV's, as well as the hundreds of other POV's that I find absurd... Frustration because I feel I'm not accepted! Bingo! Despite that mini insight the energy of the frustration is still not expanded.  

I realise that this is essentially just me journalling to myself but I'll post it here anyway. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

There is nothing mysterious about it. All social norms are there for survival purposes.

For mankind to get to where we are now there had to be strong pressure for masculine/feminine polarity. Blurring that line screwed with the family system.

Nature forces men to compete with other men. Hard to do that when you are gay. Other men will see you as a pussy and dominate you.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I agree people like Leo need to stop crying about right wingers, its PATHETIC LMFAO

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

There is nothing mysterious about it. All social norms are there for survival purposes.

For mankind to get to where we are now there had to be strong pressure for masculine/feminine polarity. Blurring that line screwed with the family system.

Nature forces men to compete with other men. Hard to that when you are gay. Other men will see you as a pussy and dominate you.

Makes sense that there's such strong polarity for survival. Sex evolved for a reason.... And family units.

@The_Alchemist yes good pun lmfao 

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

@The_Alchemist And banned.

Hahahhahah

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

If every view is valid, is the view that every view is invalid also valid?

#kurtgodelvibes

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Nature forces men to compete with other men. Hard to that when you are gay. Other men will see you as a pussy and dominate you.

Sorry Leo, but this is such an old antiquated (80s) view of gay men. At least where I live, which a large portion of the population is gay, most gay men are strong, muscular, self-confident and capable. If any gay-bashing bro messed with them, they'd most definitely regret it. I'm sure other places can be different, but I stand by my statement that your views on gay men are honestly insulting. 

14 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

If every view is valid, is the view that every view is invalid also valid?

#kurtgodelvibes

uf, he so sexy:x:x:x

1 hour ago, blackchair said:

every view is valid.  #kenwilbervibes

What? Ken Wilber actually actively bashes on modern notions of equality which he is  very rightin doing so imo

I got a question all your pov's. Are you all pro-LGBTQ or anti-LGBTQ?

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

1 hour ago, Sempiternity said:

Sorry Leo, but this is such an old antiquated (80s) view of gay men. At least where I live, which a large portion of the population is gay, most gay men are strong, muscular, self-confident and capable. If any gay-bashing bro messed with them, they'd most definitely regret it. I'm sure other places can be different, but I stand by my statement that your views on gay men are honestly insulting. 

Hehehe....

You are not appreciating the depth of the situation and what I said.

Gayness has been a survival obstacle for men for thousands of years, which is why it is still so stigmatized around the world in nearly all cultures. The fact that some progressive pockets have advanced to a stage of society in the last 20 years where being gay is not a serious liability, that doesn't disprove my point, that proves my point.

Today, in a highly advanced society you can be gay without much problem. But this was not true for most of humam history, and it still is not true in most parts of the world. Hence stage Red and Blue gay stigmas remain.

None of this should be surprising to you. That you cannot see this shows how fucking pampered, entitled, and oblvious you are to the way most humans survive in the world.

If you live in San Francisco, NYC, or LA and act gay, no problem. If you live in Russia or the Middle East and act gay, they might cut your dick off just for fun.

Better yet, try acting gay in prison. See what happens to your survival odds.

Being gay is a luxury only recently made available thanks to rising incomes and advancements in civilization. Which is why in countries like Iran the idea of being gay does not even exist. They think gays only live in America. Because to be gay in Iran is suicidal.

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

What about the Greeks and Romans?

I do think that the homophobia in history was probably mostly an unconcious survival strategy to increase fertility because children are obviously important to build a society and not go extinct. Imagine all you do is fight and fuck to keep your lineage going and then someone says "Nah, Im not into pussy" thats gonna piss off the population and then the local leaders and then legislation comes forth!

Then when religion got involved it turned into strong dogmas and beliefs. 

Luckily today family lineage is not that important and we can grow up Pro-LGBTQ. 

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

4 minutes ago, Rilles said:

What about the Greeks and Romans

There is a difference between being a closeted masculine gay vs a flaming queen.

And some cultures were more advanced than others. The Greeks had democracy, for a while, until they lost it. That does not make democracy widespread or automatic.

@Leo Gura Bruh... the reason homosexuality was suppressed was because the majority of people were naturally straight... it’s the same reason left handed people were considered bad... humans in the past valued conformity and hated anyone that differed even slightly.

“Many talk like philosophers yet live like fools.” — Proverb

3 hours ago, Derek White said:

@Leo Gura Bruh... the reason homosexuality was suppressed was because the majority of people were naturally straight... it’s the same reason left handed people were considered bad... humans in the past valued conformity and hated anyone that differed even slightly.

Yes, of course that's part of it, but it goes much deeper than that. You see, to maintain an "objective" duality between male/female (which isn't real) requires a rigid external system of enforcement. You have to deny that male/female is an imaginary line in the same way that you have to enforce a national boarder.

Many men have homosexual urges which they must deny in order to maintain a tough guy macho appearance because their environment does not allow them the luxury of indulging their feminine side.

Yes, when the majority of guys are straight, you are forced to fit in or get bullied or even killed.

Good luck indulging your feminine side in prison.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You see, to maintain an "objective" duality between male/female (which isn't real) requires a rigid external system of enforcement.

Could you please elaborate on how it isn't real, I would really appreciate that sir.

@sorrytoch Where in the universe is male and female defined?

How would the universe know the difference between a male and a female?