SpYITB

The sensation of aloneness

38 posts in this topic

One way to see it - in order to live this human life and experience life to it's fullest, you've got to believe in separateness and others - to believe that you mom and dad exist, that people around you exist. so others existing is a strong survival mechanism. It means you have a strong bias towards other existing. Now when you search for the truth and discover that only you exist, this mechanism activates itself and you feel the terror. But the truth is that you are no longer a child, and this mechanism doesn't serve you anymore, and you can live your life happily without believing others exist.
My current solution to the "problem" is to see that It mattes less what truth you discover or what happens to you, it's much more about how you react to it. who I want to be towards the discovery that Only I exist? I replace the Automatic mechanism of Fear, judgment and resistance to curiosity and acceptance. Instead of Identifying with the thoughts "It can't be! oh no! I want others to exist!" I think "wow how it's possible? what does it mean? why it's like that?" and then instead of fear, I feel mystery, awe and amazement.

"A ship is safe in harbor, but that's not what ships are made for"    - John A. Shedd

None of you are answering my question remotely. Why would consciousness "feel the need" to partition itself into different lifeforms to experience itself? Why would consciousness need to "feel" anything instead of simply just existing? Being "bored" is a petty human emotion, being terrified of eternal aloneness is also an emotion, although a very powerful one. 

Edited by SpYITB

10 minutes ago, SpYITB said:

None of you are answering my question remotely. Why would consciousness "feel the need" to partition itself into different lifeforms to experience itself? Why would consciousness need to "feel" anything instead of simply just existing?

Why dont you answer that question for yourself? You are the only authority brother ?

Why did you split yourself?

Why dont you just exist instead of feeling something??

Try it and see if its better then the rich experiences you can have here with the emotions and relationships even tho everything is imaginary,  makes no different,  so what if reality is imaginary?

Just enjoy , thats the only game in town anyways?

Edited by Adamq8

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

@Vercingetorix yes - God is imagining the dream to be real - lost in its own mind.  so it can be  shocking to awaken from the dream and discover it is all a fiction and that God is alone because it is a radical recontextualization of reality.  But its also marvelous and miraculous beyond description!

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Just now, Inliytened1 said:

@Vercingetorix yes - God is imagining the dream to be real - lost in its own mind.  so it can be  shocking to awaken from the dream and discover it is all a fiction and that God is alone because it is a radical recontextualization of reality.

Agreed brother! 

It is radical to wake up but it is also the most amazing thing ?

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

Why would consciousness "feel the need" to partition itself into different lifeforms to experience itself?

It doesn't feel any "needs"... is just the way it is... What IS can't be any other way and it doesn't need to be in a different one. Because is the way it is right now.

The ego thinks this must be different, or it thinks that Reality needs this or that... but in fact it doesn't need to be in any specific way. It is the way it already is.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Funny that oneness is in the word itself, aloneness, alloneness

One is the first separation and definition, cause you gotta have one before you can get to two. It's both separate and not separate. One is something, not nothing. All other numbers are variations of one, two is two ones, three is three and so on. xD

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

I have serious problem with you guys thinking that real Self is just Being that has no intellect, in my experience he is neither Being, nor doing anything without reason. And if you would truly awaken to Yourself, you would not be shocked, your wold would not crumble, because you would be Yourself. 

Edited by PureRogueQ

52 minutes ago, PureRogueQ said:

I have serious problem with you guys thinking that real Self is just Being that has no intellect,

Where did you get that idea?

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

2 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

Where did you get that idea?

From experiences, neither of what I believe to be my highest achieved states were to show something like that , on contrary, only times where I had such experiences was way before peaks. But I am open to change my opinion as it does not matter anyway.

From what I think, Being is close to awakening to your true Self, as in a way you see, but you still do not know who you are, so you misidentify again ,so it is missing something(or rather still holding to something)

@PureRogueQ No, I meant where did you see that someone in the forum said that the true self is “being without intellect”

I didn’t see anyone here saying that. I’m talking about guys being moderators of the forum. Not users...

20 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

@PureRogueQ No, I meant where did you see that someone in the forum said that the true self is “being without intellect”

I didn’t see anyone here saying that. I’m talking about guys being moderators of the forum. Not users...

Well that's how I understand when they are talking about awakening, there is no intellect, creation just appearing without reason, being and everything is beautiful. Other word for it would be magic , as clearly God himself doesn't know how the hell he does it! :D 

Maybe I am just misunderstanding them.  

Edited by PureRogueQ

1 minute ago, PureRogueQ said:

Well that how I understand when they are talking about awakening, there is no intellect, creation just appearing without reason, being and everything is beautiful. Other word for it would be magic , as clearly God himself doesn't know how the hell he does it! :D 

Maybe I am just misunderstanding them.  

Yes, they don't say that at all. All the intelligence comes from the source, and that's what we are... take a look at this thread where a user is asking if Enlightenment is random and Leo is emphatically telling him that is not random at all...

What is it really fucked up and crazy is that there is no time.

"We" have been alive "for ever".

I mean it's just unbelievable. You have to surrender the mind to not have vertigo just thinking it about it 

@SpYITB lol, stop trying to act smart by trying to rationally compare peoples views and try and pick the one which most suits how you think now. Go and wake up. You are just procrastinating and being a spectator rather than taking any action it seems. You are like people who watch sports and make comments on which team is the best. Take it seriously rather than mental masturbation. No one will take you seriously.