Epikur

Meditating No Greed Billionaire Ray Dalio

29 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, captainamerica said:

@Leo Gura

There are trends that will crystalize into a new type/wave of Billionaires soon who will bring forth many new perspectives, including increased harmony. Similar to the Entrepreneurship wave that was created by the Internet. This both the high range (50-100 Billion net worth) and also 100-200  new people entering the Billionaires club about the 1-2 Billion range. All with product and service creation primarily. Not Wall Street types. This is expected to continue for the next couple hundred years at least easily with no effective way to change it.

What are your thoughts on that?

I do believe that in general, business people and businesses will be forced to become more conscious or go extinct.

But the question is at what pace this happens and to what extent. And there there are practical concerns about how much to tax them, how to regulate them, etc.

I don't have a problem with people earning lots of money by truly generating lots of value for mankind via genuine creative labor. What I have a problem with is business-people who leech and exploit the working class. And either way, even those genuine creative folk need to be taxed and regulated more.

If you earn over $5 mill per year, you should be taxed very heavily because the only reason you're able to earn that much money is thanks to a community and a society. You are not doing it on your own. The community is allowing you to do it. Therefore you should not be allowed to keep doing it at the expense of the community.

No one would be pissed off at billionaires if they paid their taxes and paid their employees well and didn't corrupt the political system. Those are the real issues. Stop being a dick. That's all we're asking for.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

28 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I do believe that in general, business people and businesses will be forced to become more conscious or go extinct.

But the question is at what pace this happens and to what extent. And there there are practical concerns about how much to tax them, how to regulate them, etc.

I don't have a problem with people earning lots of money by truly generating lots of value for mankind via genuine creative labor. What I have a problem with is business-people who leech and exploit the working class. And either way, even those genuine creative folk need to be taxed and regulated more.

If you earn over $5 mill per year, you should be taxed very heavily because the only reason you're able to earn that much money is thanks to a community and a society. You are not doing it on your own. The community is allowing you to do it. Therefore you should not be allowed to keep doing it at the expense of the community.

No one would be pissed off at billionaires if they paid their taxes and paid their employees well and didn't corrupt the political system. Those are the real issues. Stop being a dick. That's all we're asking for.

That would still be God's work anyway.

I heard one time you say you and Jeff Bezos were the same, on a metaphorical and absolute level. You both ARE the same consciousness.. you and him vanish and the duality only exists in the mind of the observer. so why do people think billionaires are evil? Or are separate? People want to be one with the world but want to bash billionaires... aren't the ego the one who creates the difference between anyone and Jeff Bezos too? 

Just think for a second, if you were Jeff Bezos wouldn't you think like him? Probably the circumstances would make you think like him, experiences shape people and they transform the way people think but at the end of it all, all people's consciousnesses are the same. Experiences create ego and differences. That's all

14 minutes ago, VirusOfTheCult said:

That would still be God's work anyway.

I heard one time you say you and Jeff Bezos were the same, on a metaphorical and absolute level. You both ARE the same consciousness.. you and him vanish and the duality only exists in the mind of the observer.

Yes, of course, in the absolute sense.

so why do people think billionaires are evil? Or are separate? People want to be one with the world but want to bash billionaires... aren't the ego the one who creates the difference between anyone and Jeff Bezos too? 

Not evil or separate, just selfish and greedy.

There is no good reason Amazon cannot pay taxes and pay its workers well.

Just think for a second, if you were Jeff Bezos wouldn't you think like him?

Of course if I was Jeff Bezos I would not just be like him, I would behave identical to him because I would literally be him!

And if Jeff Bezos was Leo, he would be criticizing billionaires ;)

Don't forget that nonduality cuts both ways. If you ask Leo to be more understanding of billionaires, then don't forget to ask billionaires to be more understanding of Leo.

@Leo Gura Well, there is to say that Jeff Bezos is not so developed to do that, while Leo is, so it's reasonable to ask Leo to be more understanding, and not so reasonable to ask Bezos to be more understanding.

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes, of course, in the absolute sense.

Not evil or separate, just selfish and greedy.

There is no good reason Amazon cannot pay taxes and pay its workers well.

Of course if I was Jeff Bezos I would not just be like him, I would behave identical to him because I would literally be him!

And if Jeff Bezos was Leo, he would be criticizing billionaires ;)

Don't forget that nonduality cuts both ways. If you ask Leo to be more understanding of billionaires, then don't forget to ask billionaires to be more understanding of Leo.

@Leo Gura How much you think they should increase salaries for it to be much fairer and more conscious? Is it, 20% more? 50% more? 2x his current salary? 3x his current salary? Let's say we are talking about some storehouse guy from Amazon or a cashier from Walmart as a relative point. From what I saw on internet they earn about $35-40k/year right now

16 minutes ago, Superfluo said:

@Leo Gura Well, there is to say that Jeff Bezos is not so developed to do that, while Leo is, so it's reasonable to ask Leo to be more understanding, and not so reasonable to ask Bezos to be more understanding.

Understanding is one thing, and action is another.

Just because I understand Hitler does not mean I let him murder my neighbors.

It is a mistake to think that spiritual understanding requires silence or inaction against injustice, exploitation, or devilry.

We as citizens are responsible for creating a better society. Society will not improve itself without our input. We create society.

10 minutes ago, Hello from Russia said:

@Leo Gura How much you think they should increase salaries for it to be much fairer and more conscious? Is it, 20% more? 50% more? 2x his current salary? 3x his current salary? Let's say we are talking about some storehouse guy from Amazon or a cashier from Walmart as a relative point. From what I saw on internet they earn about $35-40k/year right now

They earn way less than $35k/yr.

I don't know what the exact salary should be, but it's also not only about salary, it is about unionization, benefits, good treatment, paid time off, parental leave, and democracy at the workplace.

Peeing in bottles is not how employees should be treated.

Given how ridiculously wealthy Amazon is, working there should be a pleasure, not slavery. People there should be working 4 days a week and getting month-long vacations.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

if they paid their taxes and paid their employees well and didn't corrupt the political system. Those are the real issues. Stop being a dick. That's all we're asking for.

@Leo Gura Agreed.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

If you earn over $5 mill per year, you should be taxed very heavily

Do you have a percentage in mind?

25 minutes ago, captainamerica said:

@Leo Gura Agreed.

Do you have a percentage in mind?

It doesn't really matter. People should get together and honestly decide what is fair and appropriate for a healthy society without any self-bias skewing the issue. The problem is that such decisions are always tainted with self-bias.

America has actually gone backwards.   It use to be normal for workers to receive pensions.  Leaders of corporations like  Hewlett and Packard believed in making a company where workers could thrive.  IBM use to brag that it never laid off anyone.  Everyone would receive the same 3% in their bank account.   The turn around began with the election of Ronald Reagan.  Fascists like Milton Friedman gained prominence in the academic  and financial system.   Pensions started disappearing.  They even tried to privatize social security.   The financialization of the economy with the advent of hedge funds and exotic financial instruments has introduced a parasitic element and the acceleration of  wealth inequality.  

Vincit omnia Veritas.