Epikur

Meditating No Greed Billionaire Ray Dalio

29 posts in this topic

He even replies to comments on his youtube videos.

A no-greed billionaire.

Like a pro-feminism serial rapist -- who meditates and comments on YT videos.

:D

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

"Who did you exploit today?"

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

A no-greed billionaire.

Why dont u give some money away how about that?

You're a billionaire relative to abject poverty people in India and Africa.

Give away 100k to them over the next week, you have a million easy.

You won't do it because you are the same as Dalio, both of you are GREEDY and STINGY AF.

Go ahead and prove me wrong.

Give away 100k over the next week.

Stop being greedy and stingy and do cry to me to do it either, i gave away 5k in a DAY when I had a net worth of 20-25k, go ahead and u do it

Edited by The_Alchemist

2 hours ago, The_Alchemist said:

Why dont u give some money away how about that?

You're a billionaire relative to abject poverty people in India and Africa.

Give away 100k to them over the next week, you have a million easy.

You won't do it because you are the same as Dalio, both of you are GREEDY and STINGY AF.

Go ahead and prove me wrong.

Give away 100k over the next week.

Stop being greedy and stingy and do cry to me to do it either, i gave away 5k in a DAY when I had a net worth of 20-25k, go ahead and u do it

Why do you believe it's going to change anything? 

I think Dalio is a great example of "noble" stage Orange, with a decent amount of Yellow as well.  He is pretty entrenched in scientific materialism, but within that context, he has a great philosophy of life and balance and pursuing what you love.  I definitely recommend the book Principles, just read with a keen eye for the limitations of his thinking.

19 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

A no-greed billionaire.

reason why I like you is you're so knowledgeable :D

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

Someone who has what you want, and actually seems decent...surprise surprise.

Could it be...

That you actually need good character traits to succeed?

:o

That the people who are demonizing "billionaires", are actually the ones more selfish and greedy, and that's why they are unsuccessful?

No...that's TOO radical.. isn't it?

Let's keep hating on who we secretly want to be like, that will bring us closer!

Edited by flowboy

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

11 hours ago, flowboy said:

Someone who has what you want

If you want to be a billionaire there's something wrong with your head.

If you want to be successful and wealthy, no problem, go for it. But a billionaire?? Come on. Read the room.

He made his money managing a hedge fund,  where huge profits can be made based on borrowed money and financial manipulation.  That this is allowed is a major flaw of Orange stage.  Now, if someone made a billion dollars by selling a useful product the enhances  people’s lives, that would be different.

Vincit omnia Veritas.

@flowboy you don't get it. It's not about being a millionaire or billionaire. It's about how you get there. These people on wall street manipulated the stock market to get their riches. The real way to become rich is the way elon musk and Bill Gates did it. Create things that make the world better for everyone. It's not about how much money you have, it's about what you do for the world. You need to understand the meaning of being rich, it's for those who have made a giant positive impact. Not stock market dancing. 

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

2 hours ago, diamondpenguin said:

@flowboy you don't get it. It's not about being a millionaire or billionaire. It's about how you get there. These people on wall street manipulated the stock market to get their riches. The real way to become rich is the way elon musk and Bill Gates did it. Create things that make the world better for everyone. It's not about how much money you have, it's about what you do for the world. You need to understand the meaning of being rich, it's for those who have made a giant positive impact. Not stock market dancing. 

@diamondpenguin My response is to take a look at how much you are inside of one perspective.  It's easy to have this frame "all stock traders are bloodthirsty animals manipulating markets for cash gains at the expense of the common man."  But that is a SUPER stage Green frame.  Have you read Ray Dalio's book?  If you had, it would be quite clear to you that understanding markets and the "machine" behind how humans interact and make decisions is his passion in life.  He truly loves it, in the same way that a mathematician loves his equations.  Ray Dalio did what he loves in an uncompromising way, with integrity, innovation, and passionate resolve.  He became a billionaire because he was successful, and set a standard which many other financial institutions copied since.

Also recognize how little you know about how finance/business really works.  Do you have any idea what financial institutions actually do, what benefit they have for markets, or why they are important?  Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of things that could be improved in capitalism.  But when you demonize an aspect of capitalism out of ignorance, you are not being wise.  I have an MBA from Harvard, and I only know enough to know that I don't know very much!  But suffice it to say, there is both good and bad in everything.

I think Dalio got stuck in early stage Yellow because he never could quite let go of science and the materialist paradigm--but compared to most billionaires and "rich people", he led a pretty good life and did some incredibly admirable things.  Not everyone is a visionary like Musk or a grand strategist like Gates.  Find your life purpose and pursue it with passion.

20 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

If you want to be a billionaire there's something wrong with your head.

If you want to be successful and wealthy, no problem, go for it. But a billionaire?? Come on. Read the room.

If you want to be a good person you got to make money. We need high consciousness billionaires. We need to dominate the capitalist jungle to redirect the wealth into root systemic change. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

There are only a few ways that you can make the exploitative profits that can produce a billionaire.  One way is to have a monopoly.    An operating system forms a natural monopoly, which is how Bill Gates became a billionaire.  Another approach is to do something illegal like the drug trade.   The other way is to game the financial system and use your money to buy politicians.  Hedge funds operate by leveraging other people’s money including money borrowed from the banks.  The theory is they are providing value by assuming risk.   But the last time the world financial system almost crashed the government had to bail them out, i.e. to big to fail. How much risk are the managers actually assuming?  Stage orange professors and noble prize winners are dedicated to justifying the virtues of the system that supports them and give explanations of why it is good and correct.   The only way it will change is when the system finally crashes, similarly to the way the Soviet Union did because it was unsustainable.       

Vincit omnia Veritas.

18 hours ago, Jodistrict said:

An operating system forms a natural monopoly,

Not so natural, actually. Bill Gates did a lot of ruthless shit to drive all competitors into the ground. These monopolies are not accidental, they are planned with criminal precision. This is true for pretty much all giant companies.

You don't become a billionaire without some serious devilry.

And just because a devil is passionate about his devilry does not make it any less devilish. Yeah, most of these billionaires are passionate. So what? Again, read the fucking room.

@Leo Gura

There are trends that will crystalize into a new type/wave of Billionaires soon who will bring forth many new perspectives, including increased harmony. Similar to the Entrepreneurship wave that was created by the Internet. This both the high range (50-100 Billion net worth) and also 100-200  new people entering the Billionaires club about the 1-2 Billion range. All with product and service creation primarily. Not Wall Street types. This is expected to continue for the next couple hundred years at least easily with no effective way to change it.

What are your thoughts on that?

This just from the US perspective. There will be a parallel wave in countries like India, China, etc. as they shift. The vision and decision-making of such industry leaders creating and safeguarding long-term employment for 10s to 100s of millions of people in total. 

Edited by captainamerica

There will also be a market competition between US and other countries giving the most freedom of business as they are growing. This has happened before in India with liberal Foreign investment policies. This will force the US govt. to not go below a certain level with the freedom they are giving to Big Businesses and Billionaires. Even with the Democrats controlling I don't think that more than 15-20% of elected members will be standing for the more restricting policies derived from Green ideals. So the wave continuation is pretty much guaranteed and the best case will be determined by Law of Evolution and not policymaking or thought experiments. This is just one of the forces.