BornToBoil

What's Wrong With Suicide?

52 posts in this topic

Why shouldn't a person kill themselves if they feel like it? They probably are not going to go to hell or something like that, so what reason there is for staying alive?

Sometimes the only thing you have to doubt is your own common sense

Umm. Life is sacred. I've always believed in the divine sacredness of life. 

A beautiful soul created into existence. 

Imagine the pain a mother would feel when she realizes her beautiful creation has come to an end. 

Imagine the pain God would feel when he realizes his beautiful creation gave up hope. 

In every soul, there is a hope,a promise, a beauty, a spirit and a breath. 

Snuffing out this breath feels unfair. 

4w987t.jpg

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Preety_India isn't you believing that life is sacred is the same as christians believing that you will go to hell if you kill yourself? It's still a belief just a positive one.

What if a person doesn't have a mother?

Shouldn't God be beyond feeling pain for some dead human? 

4 minutes ago, BornToBoil said:

@Preety_India isn't you believing that life is sacred is the same as christians believing that you will go to hell if you kill yourself? It's still a belief just a positive one.

What if a person doesn't have a mother?

Shouldn't God be beyond feeling pain for some dead human? 

There is no person without a mother. Even if the mother were dead, her spirit is always yearning for her children from beyond the grave. 

Every creation of God is sacred. 

In Hinduism, sacred does not necessarily mean hell or heaven. It simply means the pure and sublime, the one that should never be tainted. 

Life is sacred. When it's created, there's an emotion of joy. When it's gone, there are tears. 

No matter how much you hate your life, your soul doesn't wish to die and its desires need to be respected. Killing the body is killing the temple of the soul. The container of the heart. 

The spirit leaves the body on its own at an appointed time in its journey. 

Killing the self is an act of destroying the sacredness of the soul, smashing its true desire to live through lifetimes. Abruptly cutting the cord that brought the soul in the world. 

God loves you more than you will ever know. God works in mysterious ways. And God is represented in your soul. God is hurt when any life is cut short. 

2 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

There is no person without a mother. Even if the mother were dead, her spirit is always yearning for her children from beyond the grave. 

@Preety_India sorry, but I don't understand it. If she is dead, then wouldn't you be joining her after killing yourself? Also why should dead people (assuming that they have consciousness at all) care about what happens in the material world?

Isn't all self-actualization work about realizing that there is no self?

@BornToBoil 2 things can potentially be wrong with suicide:

That you hurt people who know you.

And the possibility that life can get better, but that doesn't apply to everyone.

27 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

A beautiful soul created into existence. 

Imagine the pain a mother would feel when she realizes her beautiful creation has come to an end. 

Imagine the pain God would feel when he realizes his beautiful creation gave up hope. 

Some souls are obnoxious and aren't loved by anyone.

9 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

Life is sacred. When it's created, there's an emotion of joy. When it's gone, there are tears. 

In my opinion people got it backwards. When a birth happens there should be mourning and when death happens there should be joy.

Edited by Blackhawk

3 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

That you hurt people who know you.

Everyone says that, but in the end most people just get sad for a while and then move on.

Just now, BornToBoil said:

Everyone says that, but in the end most people just get sad for a while and then move on.

It depends. If you for example have parents who love you, you will completely destroy their lives for the rest of their lives.

@Preety_India sorry, but I don't understand it. If she is dead, then wouldn't you be joining her after killing yourself? Also why should dead people (assuming that they have consciousness at all) care about what happens in the material world?

Isn't all self-actualization work about realizing that there is no self?

She is dead. But her spirit is selfless and doesn't want you dead, rather her spirit rejoices to know that you are living your life to the fullest. 

Dead people are not simply dead. They exist in the spirit realm in the afterlife (or the underworld as in some cultures). Spirits communicate but through a different form. 

My father's spirit communicated with me before his death and left me a message. Strange incidents happened in my life that made me to believe that there was much more to life than what I saw. 

I had a couple of supernatural experiences in my life where I felt I was saved from sudden death. 

When I touch my dad's walking stick, I still feel his presence to this day. 

I've felt many times that something was watching over me. These are not delusions. These are real paranormal experiences, however it's hard to make someone believe 

Even if my mother was suffering terminal illness and dying and suffering, I wouldn't want her to die. Not for myself. But because her life is sacred and time is divine. It's time that has the right to decide when a soul needs to depart. 

Time itself is a mysterious entity because it never goes back. It's infinite like consciousness, mysterious as cosmos. 

Life is not life. Life is a phenomenon. It's a spiritual phenomenon happening in a material world. 

As such we're nobody to decide the outcome of life. 

What you reject always comes back around to you, you have no control over just how. Life is a gift, you can reject it and make everyone who does understand what a gift you really are extremely sad, but "you'll" be given the chance to understand again and again. 

It's like getting Rickrolled by the Universe. 

What you desire to see and understand is the gift of your true nature, and realize it's so good it can never die anyway. If you kill yourself, you obviously missed the lesson of this, because you believed there was a you that you could gain something by riding yourself of. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

7 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

Some souls are obnoxious and aren't loved by anyone.

God loves everyone. Such is his greatness.. 

1 minute ago, Blackhawk said:

Life is a curse.

It's beyond curses and gifts and duality. Harry Potter is at the same time both cursed and gifted. So is the hero of every good story. You're like Harry Potter, and life is the same. Go beyond thought, go beyond duality and you enter the creative realm of the Author, not the character. Characters can die, Author cannot. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@Preety_India but aren't people constantly deciding outcomes of their life with their every action? 

Also, what if I just stopped eating and drinking water and died? Would it still be a suicide?

@Preety_India but aren't people constantly deciding outcomes of their life with their every action? 

Also, what if I just stopped eating and drinking water and died? Would it still be a suicide?

Not the final outcome of life. Planning a date is not the same as planning a suicide. 

You can't simply stop eating and drinking water. Your survival instinct will kick in and you will go back to eating. 

Some people might have suicided by starvation, though it's just another method of suicide. It's still suicide. 

@mandyjw if what you are saying is true then why not just try again with a new life? Maybe I willl get lucky being born into a better person.

@BornToBoil you're already a better person. 

It's just that you aren't realizing your own value. You decided to look down on your own self and let projections win. 

You're always better than you think you are. 

@Preety_India you just don't know me, I am really quite pathetic

One less consciousness in the world. 

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia