StarStruck

How to escape the loop

18 posts in this topic

Last weekend I did some low dose LSD and I started meditating. I got caught in a loop. In the beginning I tried to figure it out but I quickly discovered it was just a loop and there was nothing to solve: strange loop. It was kind of frustrating and I really didn't know what to do. I felt kind of dumb too. I just gave up.

In Tate we trust

24 minutes ago, Vibroverse said:

That's how. 

24 minutes ago, Vibroverse said:

That's how. 

It wasn't satisfying though.

In Tate we trust

Feel satisfied and the belief that the answer is coming first. First comes the satisfaction, then comes the answer. 

3 hours ago, Vibroverse said:

Feel satisfied and the belief that the answer is coming first. First comes the satisfaction, then comes the answer. 

Damn.

In Tate we trust

9 hours ago, StarStruck said:

How to escape the loop?

Last weekend I did some low dose LSD and I started meditating. I got caught in a loop. In the beginning I tried to figure it out but I quickly discovered it was just a loop and there was nothing to solve: strange loop. It was kind of frustrating and I really didn't know what to do. I felt kind of dumb too. I just gave up.

If you’re the creator, you’re one step prior, and you created the loop, by using the lsd. 

Not that I’m against it by & large in any way, but that is one perspective on how you create the loop. 

Can’t ‘break’ a loop in the loop, only prior to it, by not looping in the first place. 

Of course, psychedelics will also reveal the truth of, the “loops”. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@StarStruck I not yet have done LSD. That being said, I don't understand how you can get "stuck" in such loop. I mean, if you feel uncomfortable on the ride, just "jump off" and let go.

How is a thought loop different from a thought that can be let go of?

Edited by Loving Radiance

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

@Loving Radiance

Just imagine that, but without the foundation of letting go, and getting ‘stuck’ on a thought. In a way you bring up the key point. You have to appreciate that some people don’t know letting go. A trip can reveal this either way, the heaven of letting go or the hell of clinging (so to speak!). 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I'm very bad at letting go on psychedelics. The emotions are just overwhelming and intrusive.  

In Tate we trust

Alan Watts famously said that when you get the message, hang up. Psychedelics can open your eyes, but then you have to do the work. If you keep listening to the message, without acting on it, you are trapping yourself into a compulsive loop. Instead, be the message.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

Alan Watts didn't know anything about God though! Didn't take enough psychedelics.

4 minutes ago, vladorion said:

Alan Watts didn't know anything about God though! Didn't take enough psychedelics.

Dude was brilliant, everything I've heard from him was spot on.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

Everything is thought and there are endless thoughts in existence. And where is a thought you're thinking, what's its location? It is frickin nowhere. 

Edited by Vibroverse

@StarStruck Do you really want to let go of loops? --> Can I easily let go in meditation? If that is the case, I can start with small dosages and let go of anything coming up that isn't "fun" anymore to entertain. I increase the dosages over time like I would hold my breath a bit longer every time I go diving.

Or maybe surrender is a better word (connected to emotions): I surrender to this moment & to anything in my experience. Anything happening right now is good and I accept that I may can't see goodness right now. In fact I enjoy having the opportunity to experience this. I surrender to not know what the fuck is happening right know. I surrender to all thoughts that might come into awareness. I surrender to anything they might tell about me. I surrender to just rest here, to let this experience wash over me, leaving awareness unchanged. In fact I surrender to this experience potentionally leaving me changed forever.

I release control

And surrender to the flow

Of Love

That will heal me

9 hours ago, Moksha said:

If you keep listening to the message, without acting on it, you are trapping yourself into a compulsive loop. Instead, be the message.

It is so true. And it hurts.

What a relief.

Edited by Loving Radiance

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

21 hours ago, Moksha said:

Dude was brilliant, everything I've heard from him was spot on.

I have to pick up his books sooner or later.

21 hours ago, Vibroverse said:

Everything is thought and there are endless thoughts in existence. And where is a thought you're thinking, what's its location? It is frickin nowhere. 

I thought emotions produced thoughts.

Emotions are low res. Thoughts are high res consciousness.

21 hours ago, Loving Radiance said:

@StarStruck Do you really want to let go of loops? --> Can I easily let go in meditation? If that is the case, I can start with small dosages and let go of anything coming up that isn't "fun" anymore to entertain. I increase the dosages over time like I would hold my breath a bit longer every time I go diving.

Or maybe surrender is a better word (connected to emotions): I surrender to this moment & to anything in my experience. Anything happening right now is good and I accept that I may can't see goodness right now. In fact I enjoy having the opportunity to experience this. I surrender to not know what the fuck is happening right know. I surrender to all thoughts that might come into awareness. I surrender to anything they might tell about me. I surrender to just rest here, to let this experience wash over me, leaving awareness unchanged. In fact I surrender to this experience potentionally leaving me changed forever.

It is so true. And it hurts.

What a relief.

I'm trying to surrender but it doesn't really help when I'm on psychedelics. During normal meditation it works and I kind of lose myself but there is a headache.

In Tate we trust

22 hours ago, Moksha said:

Alan Watts famously said that when you get the message, hang up. Psychedelics can open your eyes, but then you have to do the work. If you keep listening to the message, without acting on it, you are trapping yourself into a compulsive loop. Instead, be the message.

Really resonate with this. Trip balls no doubt, but don't think you’ll escape needing to spend *thousands* of hours of meditation, contemplation, reflection to embody these wildly altered states. Or maybe just become completely enlightened right now ?‍♂️

50 minutes ago, Consilience said:

Really resonate with this. Trip balls no doubt, but don't think you’ll escape needing to spend *thousands* of hours of meditation, contemplation, reflection to embody these wildly altered states. Or maybe just become completely enlightened right now ?‍♂️

? Waking up is the easy part. Living unconditional love, by allowing your attachments to be eaten by the fire, one by one, is the real work. The Phoenix only rises from the ashes. Here's a poem I wrote a while back that continues to be my reality, but the burn is good ?:

The Bonfire

Consciousness strikes the spark of my undoing,
Catching in the kindling of thought,
Consuming it to soot, intensifying,
Crumbling the timbers that it wrought,
Purifying fire ever rising,
Burning through the ropes of my desire,
Devouring the karma of my making,
Soul wind stirring these flames higher,
Scattering the ashes of my suffering,
No illusion left, only the fire.