Blackbeat

Buddhism

26 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Zen is full of dogma and cosplay.

I've met serious Zen students. They are such sheep. And not at all woke. Unimpressive.

Zen teachers are also lacking.

What do you think about adyashanty? 

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Lacking what? Consciousness? 

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Zen is full of dogma and cosplay.

I've met serious Zen students. They are such sheep. And not at all woke. Unimpressive.

Totally true, people keep examining the finger instead of what it points to. If Zen people is like this, just imagine how other religious people are. All religions are traps of the ego, that likes a certain type of view over another.

10 hours ago, Nahm said:

Doubly funny perhaps, The Buddha actually points to / ‘means’ God. Buddha was not a guys name. People can’t get that for some unknown reason. Again though, up to you. 

Totally true, this trip people out. There have been a few buddhas before and after Gautama. The buddha just means the one who has awaken, so I woudn't mind saying Ramana Maharshi is buddha, as many others.

22 hours ago, Vibroverse said:

But it has a name and in the moment something has a name it is a duality. It is not other things, it is some specific thing. 

You see duality as being different from non-duality, and in doing so, you completely miss the whole point of non-duality. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

Can everything be looked upon with childlike eyes and wonder?

Recognizing there's nothing Inherently good or bad about anything because that's just the conditioned mind steering one direction or the other... Keep the middle path!!... Keep open and empty...Not for or against anything...

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Buddhism differs from a ‘religion’ in that the general approach is not to take teachings on faith but to test them and use them only if they are beneficial, efficacious, and true. This then builds confidence in the teachings. 

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna