Valwyndir

God CANNOT Be Separated from Religion

61 posts in this topic

@Inliytened1 My parrot speaks good english. hehe we shall see! 

He seems sincere ^_^

Also... God can be separated from religion.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

38 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

I think I am just wary of when someone is just getting into spirituality as to what their actually motivations are when they claim to be a teacher. My Zen Devil alarms are high. I see him more as sharing his own journey which is nice to see. The video seems sincere and sweet. I will remain open minded to 'Connor' xD I just had bad vibes from all the commotion earlier in the year.

@Inliytened1 Is not trusting someone who is clearly new to spirituality zen devilry? especially if they have a history of narcism? I can understand being open to them, and possibility though.

The only way to end Zen Devilry is to realize that even Zen Devilry is...

Love

4 minutes ago, Valwyndir said:

Love

That's nice on paper, but unfortunately it doesn't work on terrorist bombers (random example), unless you're ready to be blown up.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

@Valwyndir I stubbed my toe this morning. It was love.

◭"89"

@Gesundheit Its a matter of how the love manifests. and its love on both sides. Zen Devils are sincere like any other devil. They also act from love. 

But, even if my rock climbing teacher is loving, God please let him have a few years of experience under his belt before he tries to teach me to tie knots. Love wont stop me from hitting the ground.

◭"89"

@Kalo I see what you mean, but you can realize God and create a relationship with God without being religious. It's a paradoxical limitation of language and distinctions. 

◭"89"

2 hours ago, Vibroverse said:

There are no others. It is all your mirror. Your darn awareness. 

Is that so? So If I for example slung scathing insults at you, insults that would crumble even someone on David Goggins level mentally wise, what's that?

SSS.PNG

All religion is bullshit.

Likes apes doing cosplay as humans.

Whatever you think religion gives you, you will gain more by dropping it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Ok, I won´t argue with my aunt any more about the christianity. It´s not me it´s her, by the way,  who wants to convert me. Maybe I even let her to  convert me. THe only thing I really don´t want her to do is to listen to the fucking popes. At least not on television. Maybe the local priests in the local small church are sometimes ok, but not that blokes on television.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I prefer to think of religion as a finger pointing to the moon. It's not the moon (the divine) but it's most people's first step toward it. 

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

I dunno how to begin, I keep telling myself I'm Agnostic, I'm Agnostic, I'm Agnostic but when things get really dicey for me,  e.g Pre being Pre, I go haywire, like Rick in Season 2 begging for God to be nice him when he assumes he is 100% gonna die, but then when Rick survives, haha, pulls out the middle fingers... hehehe

1 hour ago, Gesundheit said:

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes!

I am the only thing stopping myself from receiving infinite Love form Myself. I am Infinite Love for god sake.

3 minutes ago, Blackbeat said:

I dunno how to begin, I keep telling myself I'm Agnostic, I'm Agnostic, I'm Agnostic but when things get really dicey for me,  e.g Pre being Pre, I go haywire, like Rick in Season 2 begging for God to be nice him when he assumes he is 100% gonna die, but then when Rick survives, haha, pulls out the middle fingers... hehehe

That's not being truly agnostic -- more like thinking that you're better than God. You're probably better than your personal conception of God, but I also sense a lot of projection in your definition of God, whatever that is. Perhaps what you think of as God is really your shadow self. 

8 minutes ago, Hulia said:

Ok, I won´t argue with my aunt any more about the christianity. It´s not me it´s her, by the way,  who wants to convert me. Maybe I even let her to  convert me. THe only thing I really don´t want her to do is to listen to the fucking popes. At least not on television. Maybe the local priests in the local small church are sometimes ok, but not that blokes on television.

If you're referring to Pope Francis, he's a pretty cool Pope. I like him even better than St. John Paul the Great. If she's listening to him, that would be fine with me. But even if it wasn't...that's her life choice, and it's best to respect it. 

2 hours ago, Valwyndir said:

Love

2 hours ago, Gesundheit said:

That's nice on paper, but unfortunately it doesn't work on terrorist bombers (random example), unless you're ready to be blown up.

You really made to make a super extreme comparison didn't ye, or (thats not the right terminology, struggling to find the correct wording)

2 hours ago, Valwyndir said:

Love

Edited by Blackbeat

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

@Leo Gura Be honest with yourself. Would your awakening be what it is without religion?

Would your awakening be what it is without previously identifying as an atheist? Could atheism exist without religion?

Could awakening exist without religion? Could You exist without religion?

Could anything in existence exist without everything else?

Religion might be bullshit, but it's also love. 

The unconditional love that you've felt during your deepest peak experiences cannot be separated from your conceptualization of God. 

And your conceptualization of God was heavily influenced by religion. 

The key is to love All of reality, but also love it's impermanence. 

To accept all with non resistance but also with non attachment.

Religion can be powerful if you don't allow your beliefs to limit you from your experience of God. 

Jesus was religious by the way. Is Jesus bullshit too? 

@Valwyndir A wisest among us embrace not knowing when starting a new endeavour.

side point:

God was here before humanity,

and shamans were discovering they were God without religion. Religion actually gets in the way.

Religion is exoteric

Awakening to God and the work we do here is esoteric.

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

4 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

God was here before humanity,

and shamans were discovering they were God without religion. Religion actually gets in the way.

Religion is exoteric

Awakening to God and the work we do here is esoteric.

Was God here before humanity?

Have you ever directly experienced God before humanity?

Or, are you as God imagining itself existing before humanity?

Also @Leo Gura

I'll just leave this here. This video is actually a driving force behind my desire to speak with Mohammed. 

I hope this doesn't count as self promotion, since I am Leo.