mmKay

What foods make you feel good?

42 posts in this topic

Heavy veggie diet... leafy greens... rice not so much... buts and seeds, but not too many... some fruit... little sugar fosho and little carbs (no brain fogginess)... starches = ok, haven't noticed anything too bad... no dairy, though, I wonder how I would feel reintroducing some... avocados fosho a gooder... 

I'm veggetarian for several years now, and half a year ago started eating meat again for like a week or so and got MASSIVE brain fog and just like this brain/cognitive foggy/distraction thingy.  I stopped and it went away.

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

1 hour ago, modmyth said:

@Michael569  Mine's been sleeping for a very long time (I've almost forgotten that I have it still) and I've been thinking about using it again. I'm completely out of the loop though when it comes to pressure cooking though.

@modmyth best tool ive got, saves on cooking time and if you don't mind eating the same thing few days in a row, gets you 2-4 days worth of meals. And you can make anything in it ?

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

I use a low-carb, high-fat way of eating. I’ve been at it for six years now. Prior to that I bought into the idea to eat what I want and just dose for it. I really liked this idea! I tried for years, decades really, to make that work.

Fasting

Coconut oil

Lots of carbs (controversial)

Well-cooked potato with butter

Gelatin / hydrolyzed collagen -- especially to balance out higher quality protein -- ~100 grams of protein per day is required for optimal body composition (and so is lifting weights) but that may make some feel a bit unpleasant from all the inflammatory and psychoactive amino acids, especially if at least 10-20g of that isn't coming from collagen/gelatin.

And yeah, chewing food a lot more than feels necessary -- this can help a lot.

And turning the shower on cold for some time before you get out.

If some foods, particularly eggs, make your stomach feel bloated, it could be the result of your body not processing choline effectively -- perhaps try a phosphatidylcholine supplement.

Quote I found from a user on an unconventional health forum:

"If you've got a defective PEMT gene like i have, you can't convert the choline into the phosphatidylcholine that you need to reverse fatty liver. Just as a test, try taking a capsule of phosphatidylcholine. Five minutes after ive taken it my stomach shrinks from bloated to completely flat. its amazing."

https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/im-done-looking-for-a-method-to-lower-body-fat-without-caloric-restriction.24996/page-2

Edited by The0Self

Eggs have only made me bloat in certain circumstances, like if I scramble it and take it with coffee early in the morning. I think the problem somehow comes when you fry the eggs in oil. Maybe it becomes too heavy or overwhelming for your body to process in some cases? Not sure.

I boil eggs and leave the yolk runny now for maximum nutrition, and have had 0 problems. I have also noticed a noticeable energy increase from eggs every time I've taken them. They fuel you for a while.

I also make a spinach + avocado salad, only salad which has ever managed to really fill me up. And you also feel very light while being full on this. It's nice. Careful with the oxalic acid in spinach though, slightly cooking it will negate it.

You are what you currently desire. ❤️

@mmKay Nothing feels more nourishing and comfortable than an avocado to me rn 

@The0Self I've been looking through old health threads on this forum and found a very useful thread about DMSA you posted in, thanks 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

14 hours ago, lmfao said:

@The0Self I've been looking through old health threads on this forum and found a very useful thread about DMSA you posted in, thanks 

No problem! Be very careful with DMSA. It's not something to be messed with. MUST take it every 3 hours around the clock for 3+ days at a time -- longer rounds (e.g. 2 weeks) are FAR more effective. I did it for practically 6 months straight, along with ALA, basically with only a few short breaks of maybe a week each -- it literally cured my chronic fatigue -- and later my sleep paralysis went away but I highly suspect that in particular was from getting off Subutex/buprenorphine (I used to be a heroin addict). Search for Andy Cutler's protocol -- I would only trust the info found on a site called "onibasu." The limiting factor in taking DMSA for extended periods is oxidative stress; the limiting factor in taking ALA for extended periods of time is copper toxicity -- copper toxicity can be mitigated by taking 1mg molybdenum and 30mg zinc (picolinate) total per day in 4 divided doses.

1 hour ago, The0Self said:

MUST take it every 3 hours around the clock

Heyyyy... sooooo.. I'm definitely not an expert, but I was just reading the Andy Cutler Protocol group on FB and they say DMSA is every 4 hours I think, and the other one is 3 hours (AMA/ALA or whatever the one with the "A" at the start of the name is)....  you might wanna double check that timeframe dosage.

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

1 hour ago, Matt23 said:

Heyyyy... sooooo.. I'm definitely not an expert, but I was just reading the Andy Cutler Protocol group on FB and they say DMSA is every 4 hours I think, and the other one is 3 hours (AMA/ALA or whatever the one with the "A" at the start of the name is)....  you might wanna double check that timeframe dosage.

Yes, it is 4 hours or more often, but since ALA is often combined with it in the protocol (because it's the best mercury chelator by far), and that must be taken every 3 hours or more often, I just said 3 hours. Even for DMSA, 3 hours is better than 4.

@mmKay French fries (or chips in the UK) with ketchup and mayonnaise. My tongue is in pain when I think about it.

Though not optimal for either mental performance or physical energy.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

On 2/24/2021 at 1:09 AM, Osaid said:

Eggs have only made me bloat in certain circumstances, like if I scramble it and take it with coffee early in the morning. I think the problem somehow comes when you fry the eggs in oil. Maybe it becomes too heavy or overwhelming for your body to process in some cases? Not sure.

I boil eggs and leave the yolk runny now for maximum nutrition, and have had 0 problems. I have also noticed a noticeable energy increase from eggs every time I've taken them. They fuel you for a while.

I also make a spinach + avocado salad, only salad which has ever managed to really fill me up. And you also feel very light while being full on this. It's nice. Careful with the oxalic acid in spinach though, slightly cooking it will negate it.

Same, cooked eggs make me nauseous. I drink 8-10 raw eggs a day and get 0 problems.

@mmKay Might want to get a SIBO test. 

I love good Wraps, Burritos, Miso soup, sushi, veggie pizza and bean salads 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@The0Self Did you feel any benefit from doing the heavy metal detox? 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Meat. Coocked vegetables. Rice. Pizza. Pasta. Chocolate bars and ice cream ????

Edited by Someone here

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

@Someone here we kinda talking about th feeling energetic and alert kind of good, not " stimulating good "

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

@lmfao Big time. It was about 4 years ago and I basically haven't had any significant fatigue since. Who knows how much of that was chelation vs meditation vs recovering from opioid dependence though.

@mmKay Gotcha. 

Those work both ways for me. 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho