Husseinisdoingfine

I found the video clip where Don Beck advocates for Trump

51 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Etherial Cat said:

I'm having a hard time understanding how Beck can be "behind" such a sophisticated human development model as SD and not clock Trump for the embarrassingly unaware con artist he was/ he is.

It's really strange.

That just shows the power of the scientific process. You can be a good technician who gathers the data and crunches the numbers but doesn't quite grasp the full ramifactions of his own work. It often happens in science that being very proficient at analysis makes you less prone to holism; getting so immersed in the details that you become blind to the bigger picture. Now, SD is obviously a holistic model, but I believe the same principle still applies here.

The toolmaker doesn't necessarily get to use his tools and fully see the consequences of his own creation. One example is the physicists behind the atomic bomb. Many of them were devastated when they saw the real fruits of their labor. Suddenly it was no longer just about particle physics and scientific advancement. It became so much bigger than that.

To balance beauty and complexity so perfectly is a divine mystery.

I think this happened because he over-analysed the Trump campaign. Since the media was shouting ‘egoistic’, he probably tried to look for another reason for Trump’s behaviour. Looking at Trump’s face when he gives his speeches, he certainly does have a ‘wise look’ on him. But it’s clear from his policies that there’s no yellow in it. I would peg Trump at Peak Orange, with a high Red personality.

"Wanting keeps me from the awareness I already have it. I already am it.” — Byron Katie

9 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

Looking at Trump’s face when he gives his speeches, he certainly does have a ‘wise look’ on him.

explain-01.gif

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

I think Trump is at stage red because he is oppressing many Muslims under his control.

Even though no one is ever going to be perfect, it’s still crazy that someone like Don Beck who was one of the main developer of Spiral Dynamics would even consider Trump to have any Yellow stage traits. I don’t understand why Beck would believes this about Trump. Just because they both have the same first names?

@Leo Gura Well, there must be a reason why so many ‘good people’ fell for him.

"Wanting keeps me from the awareness I already have it. I already am it.” — Byron Katie

3 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

@Opo rather ignorant people. 

Yeah.

At least it's easier to emphasize with people who fell into a rabbit hole and still support him. 

But still not easy. 

Edited by Opo

47 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

@Hardkill I think he doesn't do much research. 

Then what's the point of his profession?

2 minutes ago, Hardkill said:

Then what's the point of his profession?

He should have researched Trump. 

INTP loner... .shy girl..

Preety preety

In my experience I've found things like spiritualist designation systems and complicated methods of practice often become an ego feeding distraction so this doesn't surprise me.

Edited by SOUL

2 hours ago, How to be wise said:

@Leo Gura Well, there must be a reason why so many ‘good people’ fell for him.

People tend to be gullible and self-biased. They don't question things deeply. SD without a deep epistemic study of one's own self-deceptions and biases is weak sauce.

See, I don't listen to Beck or Wilber or anyone. I think everything through from stratch on its existential merits. Which allows me to catch their mistakes. If you blindly copy the math teacher's work you will copy all his mistakes.

Holy shit how can he make such a claim. People do mistakes yeah, but this one seems like a really fucking huge error.

I'm so disappointed.

Ya'll should read the book, House of Trump, House of Putin. It reveals the staggering Redness of Trump's monsterous ego. The sad thing is that Trump is way worse than anyone knows or anything the media has revealed in the last 4 years. He has stolen, defrauded, and laundered billions for the Russians.

And Beck is deeply wrong about Russia too. Russia is absurdly corrupt with Red. Whichever Russians he meets with are not the Russians in power. Russia is a Red ass mafia state.

RussiaGate is real and it's deep. Don't listen to foolish progressives who deny it. Read the book if you want to know how deep RussiaGate goes.

The biggest threat is that Trump isn't really gone. 

He is simply transferred to a Florida bunker. 

INTP loner... .shy girl..

Preety preety