LastThursday

What's your biggest flaw?

49 posts in this topic

Never mind about @Leo Gura. What are your personal biggest flaws, especially when it comes to using the forum?

Here's some of mine:

• I don't post enough questions.
  • I don't always bother to read all responses in a thread.
  • I get irritated when someone misunderstands or twists what I'm trying to say.
  • The non-duality this and that are the same, and everything is relative non-answers drive me insane. 
  • I use too much flowery language.

I'm sure I have more of them.

Edited by LastThursday

All stories and explanations are false.

My main worry is that I'm young and think I may be stupider than I thought/think. I also think a lot about the quality of my journals, if they're actually good or I'm just having pipe dreams about them. Lol

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

What is a flaw?

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

Flaws? hmm..... I'm new  but that's not a valid flaw, gonna go with... no flaws, ye

@Megan Alecia it's normal to doubt ourselves and abilities, it's a flaw a lot of us have. But at least honesty and authenticity are not flaws.

Here's some of mine:

• I'm all over the place in a post. 
  • I don't always bother to read all responses in a thread.
  • I get irritated when someone misunderstands or twists what I'm trying to say. (same as you. I get irritated even more at having to defend what I said especially when the other person is intentionally trying to misunderstand me or take it out of context, only to insinuate and blame or empty criticism. 
  • I don't appreciate the non duality aspect and spiritual bypassing type of answers that creates more questions than answers and are never clear cut. 
  • I am Incapable of flowery language which makes me look stern and direct. In real life I'm soft.
  • I don't have much tact during a response which ends up backfiring. 
  • I get impulsive and think less before I type and then realize I jumped the gun and or could have worded the same thing differently to make it appear more flowery or tactful or less astonishing.. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

• Sometimes I give up reading long texts when reading In English (not my mother tongue) gets too demanding, leads especially to not always bothering to read all responses in a thread.
  • I put too much value on answers/threads from people I do know/too little value on answers/threads from people I don't know
  • My English is rather simple and unpretentious

In my case i feel that my flaws include:

• I am sensitive to materialistic scientist and nihilistic paradigms, which is only a ego thing from my part, reality is totally relative and their paradigms is true for them.

• doubting insights and realization's afterwards and trying to deny some of them. 

• feeling detached sometimes from life and people.

• smoking to much weed sometimes and being lazy 

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius 

my devilry and stupidity 

being raised by addicts and idiots 

Not knowing how to love or trust

burning too many bridges

not seeing my blessings 

impatience

prejudice

etc etc etc

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

25 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

I get impulsive

Man, I've worked against impulsiveness my whole life - and it's got me in trouble many times. Definitely up there for me.

53 minutes ago, LastThursday said:
  • I don't post enough questions.

The flaw is not contemplating enough questions. It's actually a flaw to post questions to gain a conceptual answer rather than sitting with the question to gain a direct realization. Sometimes it's better not to know so you can figure it out yourself. 

1 hour ago, LastThursday said:

Not a flaw lol

5 minutes ago, Michal__ said:
1 hour ago, LastThursday said:

Not a flaw lol

I think it comes from my belief that the onus is on the person doing the explaining to make themselves understood, not the other way around. But I try and keep in mind that it's easy to be misunderstood, especially in writing. Still drives me nuts though - that's the flaw.

Edited by LastThursday

11 minutes ago, fridjonk said:

The flaw is not contemplating enough questions. It's actually a flaw to post questions to gain a conceptual answer rather than sitting with the question to gain a direct realization. Sometimes it's better not to know so you can figure it out yourself. 

You are 100% right. Although, if I'm going to use the forum at all, then the forum beast needs feeding. If I'm only doing half a job (by only posting comments), then what am I really doing on the forum? Dunno, feels like it's a flaw, but maybe not?

Serious lack of discipline, insecurity, egotism. When it comes to my use of the forum... I guess lack of action.

A lot of the stuff here just goes straight over my head. I should honestly put more effort into actually understanding/practicing and experiencing the stuff that is being said here. There is a lot of information in some of the stuff I read, but I lack the determination, discipline (there it is again) and experience to read between the lines. I understand that words are ineffective most of the time (ESPECIALLY when it comes to spiritual and metaphysical work) and I keep wondering just how much goes over my head.

beep boop

2 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotARobot said:

I keep wondering just how much goes over my head.

No matter how fast you drive, someone will always be able to drive faster. You can only know what you know I guess. I'd say I don't understand about 50% of what's said or being pointed to: I'm just not there yet or been bothered to do the practices.

4 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

if I'm going to use the forum at all, then the forum beast needs feeding. If I'm only doing half a job (by only posting comments), then what am I really doing on the forum? Dunno, feels like it's a flaw, but maybe not?

hehe, you raise a good question. This forum is just a gigantic distraction from real work, as most things are, yet it can guide people in the right direction. It's a fine line to walk to use all this info as help and not as distraction, or pretending to be doing the work. 

But I wouldn't advise sacrificing real spiritual work just to keep the forum active. ;)