ivankiss

Can't have sex unless I'm in love

50 posts in this topic

So last night I had sex with this girl...and it was pretty bad. Empty, boring and kinda awkward.

There was no real connection. It was just flesh rubbing against flesh.

Now I'm left feeling unsatisfied and kinda dirty. I'm disappointed in myself for getting involved with this girl that I didn't even like really - just for the purpose of busting a nut. (Which I didn't. Could not cum. Was struggling to remain hard, even)

I've been contemplating a bit and came to a conclusion that I'm unable to just have casual sex with random girls. It might've worked in the past; but now I'm looking for something deeper. 

I don't want to have meaningless sex. I want to make love. I want to feel that connection. To merge with another's soul.

However; finding a partner for that is a bit more challenging than just picking up random girls. 

I ended a pretty serious relationship not that long ago. And I had this idea that I'd be single now and fool around with girls for a while. In my mind the idea seemed cool. But when it came down to actually doing it; it didn't feel right. 

I don't feel ready for a new, full-blown relationship now. And I also cannot just have random sex. So I'm guessing the only right thing to do is...to just drop it all for some time. Focus on other areas of life. 

It will most likely be challenging. I'd say I'm very sexual by nature. But I know it's the right thing to do. No sex until I fall in love with someone again. 

Curious if anyone here went through something similar?

Speaking mainly to men... but maybe even some women went through a similar transformation. Do share your experience, please.

Thanks!

Edited by ivankiss

@ivankiss

I definitely had a similar experience. I was involved in the PUA community and had pretty good "success". But it just wasn't that appealing after a while.

I'd highly recommend reading a book called Slow Sex by Diana Richardson. Totally changed my perspective on sex and what I was looking for.

@ivankiss You're not alone brother. I'm the exact same way. Without that heart-connection, things will be awkward.

One thing that I learned from a coach is that all relationships start as casual. The first few dates are about getting to know each other, whether sex is a part of that or not. Setting the intention of creating a relationship, and letting her know that after a few dates should help. 

@aurum I've heard you speak about that book in other threads before. It must be pretty good!

I can relate to that definitely although I'm not someone with a lot of non-relationship sexual experience as I've been with my partner for nearly 10 yrs now. Can't imagine going out there and having sex with random girls again, i wouldn't probably be able to pick any of them up anyways ?

The sort of connection you get with someone for whom you care on a deeper level can't be replaced by shallow sex even with a 10/10. But then what do i know ?

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

3 hours ago, ivankiss said:

So last night I had sex with this girl...and it was pretty bad. Empty, boring and kinda awkward.

There was no real connection. It was just flesh rubbing against flesh.

Now I'm left feeling unsatisfied and kinda dirty. I'm disappointed in myself for getting involved with this girl that I didn't even like really - just for the purpose of busting a nut. (Which I didn't. Could not cum. Was struggling to remain hard, even)

I've been contemplating a bit and came to a conclusion that I'm unable to just have casual sex with random girls. It might've worked in the past; but now I'm looking for something deeper. 

I don't want to have meaningless sex. I want to make love. I want to feel that connection. To merge with another's soul.

However; finding a partner for that is a bit more challenging than just picking up random girls. 

I ended a pretty serious relationship not that long ago. And I had this idea that I'd be single now and fool around with girls for a while. In my mind the idea seemed cool. But when it came down to actually doing it; it didn't feel right. 

I don't feel ready for a new, full-blown relationship now. And I also cannot just have random sex. So I'm guessing the only right thing to do is...to just drop it all for some time. Focus on other areas of life. 

It will most likely be challenging. I'd say I'm very sexual by nature. But I know it's the right thing to do. No sex until I fall in love with someone again. 

Curious if anyone here went through something similar?

Speaking mainly to men... but maybe even some women went through a similar transformation. Do share your experience, please.

Thanks!

Since I am less and less intereted in that stuff as the time goes by, I would just play guitar, do what you are supposed to, enrich the world so you can die knowing that you really used your abilities and did what you wanted, and not take another body. 

I'm the same way. I need a heart connection. 

It's kinda normal. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Were you physically and sexually attracted to her? To what degree? How did it feel? Did it feel physically pleasant? Why do you think it was difficult to have an erection (in the moment)? Were there similar occurrences in your past (in casual relationships as well as serious ones)? How certain are you that it would be different in a serious relationship? What level of sexual interest / libido do you usually have? (Basically how horny are you?) Do you want to be able to enjoy casual sex?

I'll offer an opposing perspective here. Be open-minded to, or consider, possible ED, sexual dysfunction, low libido, or this being a "bad" thing, to different degrees depending on the answers to the questions above

Make your dick and orgasm the focus of your mindfulness practice. Also, do subconsciousness training, meaning do positive affirmations/visualizations about sex being good, and try to be positive with yourself. Eventually, you'll end up with a really high quality woman right for you. Mine took years of training to find.

Tantra festivals, I post them all the time on the forum. 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Thanks everyone.

Upon more introspection; I discovered that I don't really want any sexual interactions now.  It was all coming from a false sense of need. Thing is; I had plenty of sex so far. Some really good sex, too. And I've also been in several relationships. What I did not experience truly and fully; is being by myself. Having a deep, intimate relationship with myself. I see that as something relevant now. 

It's somewhat scary, but I also see how this could result in a tremendous amount of inner strength. 

What I truly desire, if I'm being honest, is to meet The One. And I guess until that happens; I'm fine with being off the market. The idea of a FWB scenario crossed my mind too, but idk, I don't resonate with it really. I must become The One, myself. And that's not gonna happen while I'm fooling around with girls that are not what I'm really looking for.

This is how I feel right now. Might be a phase.

23 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

is to meet The One.

So you're looking to fuck God, eh? ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

19 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

What I did not experience truly and fully; is being by myself. Having a deep, intimate relationship with myself. I see that as something relevant now. 

:D Happy for you.

You won't regret this. Self-love is underrated.

25 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

Having a deep, intimate relationship with myself. I see that as something relevant now. 

That's a good desire. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

24 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

So you're looking to fuck God, eh? ;)

Sounds gay

You can derive it from simple logic

Left means not right

@ivankiss You are already the one, admit to yourself that you already love your Self wholeheartedly. Have a good masturbation practice, and work on feeling your sexual energy. You might find a match or not, don’t worry about that. The better you love yourself the more love energy you’ll radiate around, which would increase the odds of manifesting a meaningful deeply loving relationship. Namaste brother ??