Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Javfly33

Difference between the survival of the identity (ego) and survival of the body?

39 posts in this topic

Usually there is a lot of criticism to the survival actions of the psychological identity (ego) because it causes the tendency of neurotic behaviours and devirly. In my work environment for example I see a lot of problems arising purely because too much ego between one workmate Vs other .

So I started thinking, well, it's crazy how people make this toxic environment just because of pure falsehood (ego) when really the business don't create that much problems naturally

But then, how is the survival of the body different?

If we criticize a person because of attaching itself to his identity (ego), how we justify making the same devilry to maintain the physical body?

Where you draw the line?

Is there a rational explanation to make this difference or is it just pure bias?

The idea of owning a body or a mind is ego but the ego is not the body. Ego is desire and all sentence that are: " I am ..." That attachment is ego, the desire not to desire or even the desire of God or Truth or Love, that is the ego.

There's a difference between the direct experience of your body and thoughts about your body. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

7 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

There's a difference between the direct experience of your body and thoughts about your body. 

Is there a direct experience of a body, tho? 

I don't have a direct experience of a body ?. I do have direct experience of thoughts labeling "body" to direct experience. As you said .

It definitely is just pure bias stemming from an ego that refuses to accept other egos, and judges and thinks that there's something wrong with them.

The line between surviving the body and surviving the ego is imaginary and made-up by the ego. It is absolutely impossible to survive anything at all, because our knowledge is extremely limited, and we can't possibly factor in everything that could possibly happen, and that means that we could die at any moment. But thanks to the fear & lack of awareness that are distilled within our DNA that we are motivated to do our best to stay alive. Because otherwise we would just freeze in our place and keep biting the bullet of not-knowing until we die.

Humans have been trying to manipulate this natural unfolding of evil creation for thousands of years, only to end up creating more evil everytime by doing so.

People don't realize that evil is inevitable and a fundamental part of reality whether we accept it or not, because God is evil, because God is the devil.

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

First of all, stop calling it devilry, it is just resistance. What you call evil simply is resistance. And yes it is not what you do that makes you feel this or that way, it is the degree of your alignment with the Infinite, with Source. 

Edited by Vibroverse

12 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

I don't have a direct experience of a body ?. I do have direct experience of thoughts labeling "body" to direct experience. As you said .

Well, yeah that's sort of the joke. There is a direct experience of the body but it doesn't have boundaries so your idea body doesn't line up with it very well. We try to make it line up though. ?

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Great answers so far.

51 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Difference between the survival of the identity (ego) and survival of the body?

No difference. The identification with so called body is also egoing.
Survival & spirituality has no contradictions, since The Law Of Not Two. ?

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

@Javfly33 there is absolutely nothing wrong about survival of your ego and your body.. That's how it meant to be.. Were you planning to die or somethin? 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

15 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Javfly33 there is absolutely nothing wrong about survival of your ego and your body.. That's how it meant to be.. Were you planning to die or somethin? 

I call it wrong in the sense that survival might be falsehood.

@Javfly33 No it's not. It's the only thing you were doing since you were born. 

53 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

I don't have a direct experience of a body ?

Also.. You gotta stop this. 

-Osho

One of the tendencies of religious beliefs is to demonize "the flesh" (term from Christianity), for example demonizing sexual urges, greed, gluttony, etc. 

This can often end up in the sense in someone that "I am bad", "I am a waste of space and resources" ( sometimes results in environmental activism), "I am dirty" and results in a general sense of shame and then a drive to work to overcome and prove oneself in various ways. Could be becoming famous, rich, highly esteemed, enlightened, whatever. 

"I" trying to rid myself of the problem of myself is the problem. Not the "I" of "the flesh" or the animal I tried to overcome in my belief that we were two separate "me"s, but my own disgust with my own self. 

Edited by mandyjw

8 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

I call it wrong in the sense that survival might be falsehood.

If we take the perspective of birth and death not being a thing but rather startless and endless and the arrangement just transforming from one thing to another - there is nothing to survive in the sense that the arrangement is always rearranging itself with itself.  If we say ego and the body are not separate but part of the same thing, then we could note that they transform (whether or not that is to keep a segment of the arrangement the same or to make a segment of the arrangement a specific way.)

5 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Javfly33 No it's not. It's the only thing you were doing since you were born. 

Also.. You gotta stop this. 

Yes, I have been doing something which was probably grounded in falsehood. I am beggining to consider that there is not a self here to survive..that's the whole thing about the illusion. The illusion is maintain a self that is not here . There might be no self after all dude!!

2 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

One of the tendencies of religious beliefs is to demonize "the flesh", for example demonizing sexual urges, greed, gluttony, etc. 

This can often end up in the sense in someone that "I am bad", "I am a waste of space and resources" ( sometimes results in environmental activism), "I am dirty" and results in a general sense of shame and then a drive to work to overcome and prove oneself in various ways. Could be becoming famous, rich, highly esteemed, enlightened, whatever. 

"I" trying to rid myself of the problem of myself is the problem. Not the "I" or the flash or the animal I tried to overcome, but my own disgust with my own self. 

Well I don't think that is my case. But I opened the topic because I find myself making the duality between criticizing all types of survival actions to maintain the ego identity, but at the same time I see as totally normal and justify the actions to maintain the body.

This is not to say that we shouldn't keep our body safe and healthy, but as a contemplation of why we make the difference and where the line is drawn. 

Of course most unnecessary harm to others comes from Psychological identitiy ideas (narcissism, etc) since the body is just fine by sleeping 6-8 hours, eating 1500-2000 calories. Everything else is unnecessary devilry probably. 

So I guess making the difference has a point. But we shouldn't forget the difference is imaginary, of course ?

6 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Yes, I have been doing something which was probably grounded in falsehood. I am beggining to consider that there is not a self here to survive..that's the whole thing about the illusion. The illusion is maintain a self that is not here . There might be no self after all dude!!

There is no separate self inside the body.. That's right. Because you can't find a centerpiece in charge of it all. But there is a body. You could say the body is you. 

Go look in the mirror.. Look at your face.. Your hands.. Your balls.. Your arm.. Your feet. Etc... That's YOU.  Tada! 

-Osho

9 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Well I don't think that is my case.

10 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Everything else is unnecessary devilry probably.

giphy.gif

23 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

giphy.gif

Where exactly I am showing "disgust of myself"?

@Someone here 

That's still a self.

How do you know what you call 'the body' is separate from what you call 'the mirror'?

What you are not seeing is that by making those disntinctions within direct experience, you create the so called body!

Before those disntinctions were made there was no body.

Edited by Javfly33

2 minutes ago, Javfly33 said:

Where exactly I am showing "disgust of myself"?

What exactly do you mean by devilry? Why should devilry be avoided? What is there to gain by avoiding devilry? 

5 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

What exactly do you mean by devilry? Why should devilry be avoided? What is there to gain by avoiding devilry? 

Harm to others which are You

What devilry makes is that by believing you are a self, there is justified to do all kind of stuff to survive your self. 

But since there is no self, you are basically creating harm to others because of pure ignorance. 

Exactly. The devil doesn't win anything.

But this whole work is about stopping being the devil and becoming God. Conscious of what it is doing to itself .

33 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Can't unquote on phone, damn somebody fix this damn feature.