Hulia

I would just ban the word "GOD" on this forum

32 posts in this topic

? oh my god! That’s a good one, made my night! We might need more of these silly threads! @Leo Gura ? 

@Hulia In all seriousness, why can’t you admit that you love being free to use almost any word you love on this forum? Including god, the almighty, what you are! Namaste ??

Really just pause, take a breath, or maybe a psychedelic substance of your choice, or perhaps do your favorite spiritual practice, be it meditation or yoga. Go workout, go for a walk, breathing session, anything beyond mind & watch for the response coming from your real self, not from your ego mind state, from loving /understanding. 

There’s no need to change this forum, apart from increasing the mods as @Leo Gura is doing (good job man).  

Edited by Mannyb

The word God is not arbitrary or irrelevant. It implies many different things, mainly:

• Wonder.
  • Magic.
  • Spirit.
  • Power.
  • Creation.
  • Oneness.
  • Mercy.
  • Forgiveness.
  • Infinity.
  • Eternity.

And basically, it implies all possible human & non-human characteristics taken to God levels. There is no other word to describe all that, and that's the point. Because if you truly understand God, it will make perfect sense to you. But otherwise, it's gonna fly over your head.

Edited by Gesundheit

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

The reason many religions have such weird taboos surrounding naming God is because turning "it" into a concept gives the illusion that God can be understood intellectually. Once you experience it, it is actually very difficult to ask meaningful questions about "it". In abstract terms, God is a tautology, so giving it a name that is distinct from all other words is misleading. Hence, it is sometimes called AUM, which is the sound that is present in all words as a basis for modification.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

16 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The devil wants to ban God, eh? What else is new?

The Devil knows better than anyone that banning something only makes it more appealing, so if the Devil banned God wouldn't that make him God? ?

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

1 minute ago, blackchair said:

i totally dont have any smart ideas for this thread, but here i am!

pepeoldguy.PNG

6 minutes ago, Blackbeat said:

pepeoldguy.PNG

its effort that counts! xD xD but here i come, i dont see any reason why not to use word God/Devil here, same coin :)

32 minutes ago, blackchair said:

its effort that counts! xD xD but here i come, i dont see any reason why not to use word God/Devil here, same coin :)

Same coin eh?