Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vibroverse

Five Senses

6 posts in this topic

Are what we are experiencing with our five senses thought also? Taste and touch and so on. 

@Vibroverse I'd say the senses are awareness, direct raw reality. But thoughts are different, they exist as energy movements in the mind, but are abstract pointing, representation, stories. Thought is what turns the primal being-ness of sensation into the imaginary objective world 'out there'. 

Relax, it's just my loosely held opinion.  :) 

Here's a nice quote on the hierarchy of sensations, perceptions, thoughts, and spirit:

The senses are higher than the body, the mind higher than the senses, above the mind is the intellect, and above the intellect is the Atman. Thus, knowing that which is supreme, let the Atman rule the ego.

- Bhagavad Gita 3:42-43

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

I think senses help in observation when used to the fullest. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

When you are experiencing a movie on a screen, the main character can have thoughts and feelings being expressed. Where does the thoughts, feelings, and the 5 senses occur? They appear on the screen. As so with reality. They're not in a body, or in a head, they're all occurring on the screen of reality. All these senses are the same thing, the screen. What is the screen, it's pure being/God.