Gabith

What is your morning routine ?

19 posts in this topic

Hi so what is your morning routine if you have one ?

Mine:
Wake up between 6am and 7am: I do the Wim Hom breathing technique, I go for a cold shower, I go back to my bed to sit and meditate, I make my bed, I go downstair and go some exercices and I eat my breakfast.

wake up around 4-5 ocklock, Listen to radio, drink coffee, wait my mom to wake up, make her coffee then wait my father to wake up and make him Tea. that's it.

1. Wake up

2. Glass of Water

3. Qigong

4. Morning Pages

5. Planning

6. Music practice

The fabulous app is great for designing your morning routine.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Mine is pretty simple, but it took me some time until I found the routine that works for me, basically:

1. First thing after waking up - laughing meditation, just gonna cite the book:

When you wake up in the morning, before opening your eyes, stretch like a cat.  Stretch every part of your body.  Enjoy the stretching; enjoy the feeling of your body becoming awake, alive.  After three or four minutes of stretching, with your eyes still closed, laugh.  For five minutes of just laugh. At first you will be doing it, but soon, the sound of your very attempt to laugh will cause a genuine laughter.  Lose yourself in laughter. - taken from the book: 'Meditation: The Art of Ecstasy by Osho'

That one was a real game changer :D

2. Quick silent, sitting meditation, around 10-15 minutes, just to get me settled. I do longer session in the evening.

3. A couple of exercises from the LP course, some of them we were told to repeat for 30 days in a row, but they're working so great that I simply continue. 

4. Get my breakfast, some proper hydration, and supplements I'm taking - basically ZMA and D3, on training days some multivitamin as well.

5. Brush my teeth, wash my face, get some moisturiser or UV protection on and continue with my day, the rest depends on if I've got some uni classes or if I feel like doing some work with my company.

Having a constant routine for the first time is doing me wonders :) 

@Gabith First off, judging by your profile picture, my man seems to have an excellent taste in music.

But to answer your question:

I wake up around 9 AM. First I empty my bowels and do ayurvedic oil pulling during. Then I do some yoga and meditation (mostly Kundalini or Yin Yoga) for 30-60 minutes usually, depending on how much time I have that day. After that, I have breakfast and proceed with the tasks of the day.

@JohnnyAb wow I'm gonna try for a month the laughing meditation seems great :o

What effects did you get from this practice ?

i fell off my morning routine in a last few days for health reason but soon will be on the track :)

My routine is: 

The alarm clock on my phone goes off around 8:30 am.

I half dead struggle to move my body to wake up. My whole body is screaming, go back to sleep! But get up anyway, 

Then i go take a piss, come back into my bedroom to clean the god forsaken condensation off the fucking window. Then I go eat some breakfast. Usually eggs and some broccoli. Maybe a cream cheese bagel, take my calcium and daily vitamins. 

Then I go fire up the laptop to go see what's new on this forum. Then i check my college emails. Then go do whatever work I gotta do for the day. 

Edited by diamondpenguin

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

It tends to vary, but currently it looks something like this:

I get up to turn off my alarm then I go to the bathroom to do the usual stuff and to the kitchen for getting some water. After that I make my bed and tidy up a little bit. If I feel my nose is stuffy, I do one of the buteyko methods for ~5 minutes to unblock it. Then I proceed to my meditation/self inquiry practise. Then, back to the kitchen to grind and make some coffee. Then I dress up, pack my stuff and leave to work.

04:15 Wake up, drink a glass of water, do oil pulling, light stretching

05:00-06:00 Shambhavi Mahamudra practice (~40 minutes) + 20 minutes of Neti Neti

06:00-06:30 Workout

06:30-07:00 Reading

On 29/01/2021 at 6:09 PM, Gabith said:

Hi so what is your morning routine if you have one ?

Mine:
Wake up between 6am and 7am: I do the Wim Hom breathing technique, I go for a cold shower, I go back to my bed to sit and meditate, I make my bed, I go downstair and go some exercices and I eat my breakfast.

Very similar, we wake up around 5:40 (alarm goes off at 5:30 :) ) with my partner, do a combination of Pranayama and WIm Hof breathing with some additional mindful meditation at the end - the basic observing of the breathing in and out and calming the mind, resting in the clear and open awareness that breath work facilitates, then we do some stretching, basic asanas or basic qigong to wake up the body in the best way, sometimes a cold shower in the morning, but not every day - we usually shower in the evening. Then we feed our dog and cat, prepare breakfast and the day starts... oh, and COFFEE! One addiction I love and intend to keep in this lifetime! :) 

1) Wake up

2) Stay in bed, repeat 3 affirmations for 20 minutes at a time.

3) Go to the bathroom (sometimes I have to go to the bathroom while repeating the affirmations because, you know, the pyhsic urge is too strong and distracts me LOL), wash up, check my weight and enter it into a fitness app

4) Dress myself, prepare and eat breakfast and finish preparing my backpack with food and water

5) Read the list of my 10 values

6) Lay on the couch and feel happy and thank the universe for all I have and will give me

7) Go to work

I meditated every day on the morning for almost 2 years too. Now I just stay as present as possible during my day and I meditate while doing other stuff or before going to bed.

Edited by Vittorio

Waking up at 4 am.

Drink water.

1 hour vipassana meditation.

20 minutes bathroom break.

45 minutes exercise.

1 hour read/study.

7:30 breakfast.

Edited by Saupahar