StarStruck

Books on requisite variety?

19 posts in this topic

Any good book recommendations on this topic?

In Tate we trust

I think that in the very nature of this concept inlies the method of learning it.

If a subject within an envirement deals with a set of obstacles which is not the very groundwork for the evolusion of it then there is neccesary a superstructure of maluability in the subjects which survive and functions in that envirement (and across several potential other ones)

Another word for such maluability is the quantity of ways one or several issues can be solved. As determined by some mean or median of puzzlesolving, or 'general inteligence' as within humans.

So if you desire to understand the concept (the way i understand it) which i probably don't regarding the specifics of the field, then i reccomend searching for prerequesite variety in your own very ways of learning. The pragmatics of which consists of first-principled derivatives/conclusions and to a lesser degree a books with other's answers.

Edited by Reciprocality

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

I must say its kind of hillarious that i messed up the actual word itself in my analysis of it. 

how much can you bend your mind? and how much do you have to do it to see straight?

Go watch Leos vid on It in his blog. Page 5 on his blog I think it is on.

I am pretty sure he tells which book this concept comes from. 

"Sometimes when it's dark - we have to be the light in our own tunnel"

Yeah leo's blog on it was amazing. But I need to reearn it properly & implement it. 

I find my default is rigidity & reliance on one solution & getting stuck & fixated on 1 solution or mode of thinking, the opposite of requisite variety. 

Perphaps journalling on your problems would help.

Edited by Striving for more

@StarStruck Eben Pagan's "Oppurtunity" sounds good. Haven't bought it yet but I listened to a podcast.

It could be related. 

Edited by Striving for more

Psycho-cybernetics mentions the concept but I would like to learn more about it.

Basically a lot of books make use of requisite variety but they don't call it that way.

Requisite variety is closely linked to creativity. I know some good books about it. I can post it if some are interested.

In Tate we trust

On 2/1/2021 at 11:03 PM, StarStruck said:

I can post it if some are interested.

I’m interested :)  

Just read the introduction to system's thinking by Daniella Meadows, you'll know what to do with it

5 minutes ago, Hello from Russia said:

Just read the introduction to system's thinking by Daniella Meadows, you'll know what to do with it

I read the first part of the book. I still have to finish that one. Those looping models are hard to grasp and memorize but once memorized it can be applied to a lot of things. I hope the remaining part of the book will give me more clarity. 

2 hours ago, Vision said:

I’m interested :)  

Lateral thinking is very good. I will look into my journal for those other book titles. 

In Tate we trust

2 hours ago, StarStruck said:

Lateral thinking is very good.

I'll look into that.

2 hours ago, StarStruck said:

I will look into my journal for those other book titles. 

Thanks! 

On 1/29/2021 at 0:57 PM, StarStruck said:

Any good book recommendations on this topic?

There are books on Leo's book list on creativity and how to be creative. You can search online for books on creativity. Reading the info and trying out the techniques on the area of your life you want to work on will help you to create your own creative thinking style.

17 minutes ago, Dayo said:

There are books on Leo's book list on creativity and how to be creative. You can search online for books on creativity. Reading the info and trying out the techniques on the area of your life you want to work on will help you to create your own creative thinking style.

I already read those. 

In Tate we trust

On 2/3/2021 at 0:22 PM, StarStruck said:

I will look into my journal for those other book titles. 

Have you found them? :P

1 hour ago, Vision said:

Have you found them? :P

No, I couldn't find it. :/

By the way, psycho cybernetics doesn't mention requisite variety. I reread the book.

Some sources on cybernetics does mention requisite variety but in my opinion it is just a synonym for creativity/lateral thinking.

All these authors come up with their own terminology.

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust

I feel like looking for "More books" on the topic is just avoiding time spent applying the concept. Leo Explained it pretty well. 

But it's gotta be a muscle that you build I reckon, so far I only understand it via massive experience of doing the inverse (Rigidity) , and then tracing the consequences of that and how it made me stuck ... of course Watching leos blog and seeing summary notes of it, helped me gain this awareness. 

My next step is to actually apply the concept more and get a taste of the results. 

"How could I use more requisite variety in my life?" >> Let your mind fill in the blanks. 

Or : "In what ways am I being rigid/repetitive in my life?" "What alternatives am I overlooking?" "How is my paradigm/lens/outlook on my problem limiting me?"

It seems like a concept which only has meaning when applied to your unique problem and circumstances. 

13 hours ago, StarStruck said:

No, I couldn't find it. :/

I’ll come back another year later then ;) 

6 hours ago, Optimized Life said:

Watching leos blog and seeing summary notes of it, helped me gain this awareness. 

Is there a summary for his post on Requisite Variety? 

6 hours ago, Optimized Life said:

“How could I use more requisite variety in my life?" >> Let your mind fill in the blanks. 

Or : "In what ways am I being rigid/repetitive in my life?" "What alternatives am I overlooking?" "How is my paradigm/lens/outlook on my problem limiting me?"

It seems like a concept which only has meaning when applied to your unique problem and circumstances. 

Great questions to introspect with. Thanks.

I think deeply contemplating what requisite variety is in practice would yield far greater results.

I forgive my past, I release the future, and I honor how I feel in the present. 

What is requisite variety to you?

Are you referring to success principles?

Leo has some videos on this topic