Anon212

Sadhguru Radical Claims

114 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, Phrenic said:

can be used to grow quickly if they are used as a support with a Yogic practice and in the guided presence of a Guru, not otherwise

He always talks about the indispensable importance of a guru to awake, but he woke up without a guru. 

Edited by Breakingthewall

On 1/31/2021 at 5:31 AM, undeather said:

A Siddhi caught on camera or just a great magic trick? 
There is actually a book written about this guy called "The magus of Java" - worth a read if you are into crazy stuff. I remain agnostic towards the claims put forward - its seem to me more like a descirption of some real life Dragonball Z story than anything "real". But who knows? The set of possible "unknown unknowns" is way too high to make any solid predictions.

Real or fake?

Real or fake?

If you are interested in these topics, read "Real Magic"  by Dean Radin - Especially the chapter called "Merlin-class magicians"
https://www.amazon.com/-/de/dp/B07BGCQDR2/ref=sr_1_1?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&dchild=1&keywords=radin+magic&qid=1612087997&sr=8-1

Personally, I remain highly skeptical about such claims. A lot of people in those "spiritual communities" are full of shit and terrible at sensemaking. This harsh accusation of course includes a big part of this forum, but thats a topic for another day. 

Obviously altering your brainwaves is possible. Levitating, not so much.

3 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

He always talks about the indispensable importance of a guru to wake up, but he woke up without a guru. 

He was initiated into Surya Kriya and Yogasanas by a Yogi and had been practicing since 12 years of age, which led to his experience on the Chamundi hill, here is an excerpt from Mystic's Musings related to this - 

I had been practicing yoga since I was twelve years of age. I was not the kind of person who would do something because of discipline. Somehow it just happened; I got up in the morning and yoga happened for me. Every day, all these years, it just happened to me. Wherever I was—I could be trekking in the mountains and yoga would happen.

Edited by Phrenic

I'm gonna take the skeptical position.

If it's possible, why keep it mysterious an not simply 'levitate"?

If it's supernatural, why not show it off?

People who claim to have extrasensory perceptions weren't able to proove anything once.

But of course there's always a reason why it shouldn't be prooven. Lack of faith, lack of consciousness whatever. 

You can always explain it away, just do ONE seemingly impossible thing and there is no reason for doubt anymore.

I don't have any reason to believe in siddhis having an influence on other people. Show me something impossible if you are able to.

If you have something, please show me I am begging you.

16 minutes ago, Phrenic said:

He was initiated into Surya Kriya and Yogasanas by a Yogi and had been practicing since 12 years of age, which led to his experience on the Chamundi hill, here is an excerpt from Mystic's Musings related to this - 

I heard a talk from him about that and he said that he was a normal businessman, married, without mystical concerns, and that sitting on a hill looking at the landscape he had an experience of unity. also shadguru means guru without training right?

27 minutes ago, Phrenic said:

If you want to be realized, and you want to live powerfully, then Hatha becomes an important aspect.

But if you become a realized being like Ramana Maharshi, do you still retain certain egotistic preferences to live in a specific styles or conditions like  "powerfully" also after you kill your ego? It's just doesn't make sense.

Edited by m0hsen

4 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

I heard a talk from him about that and he said that he was a normal businessman, married, without mystical concerns, and that sitting on a hill looking at the landscape he had an experience of unity. also shadguru means guru without training right?

I've heard that a lot too from him in vids.

14 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Sadhguru means an ignorant guru, in the sense that nothing has been acquired in the form of mental knowledge, and that all that he knows is his inner experience. It does not mean somebody that hasn't practiced Yoga, because Yoga is just seen as conscious rather than unconscious action

But if you become a realized being like Ramana Maharshi, do you still retain certain egotistic preferences to live in a specific styles or condition like "powerfully" after you kill your ego? It's just doesn't make sense.

I'm not sure how it is an egotistic preference, we are connected to the solar system and the five elements whether we have a preference towards it or not, it is more of a matter of purifying those dimensions of experience because without doing so, our experience of life will be limited to realized dimensions, without having grounded our realizations more ordinarily in a gross manner. This is why various forms of the Divine Mother represent different phases and faces of the moon, and also why the energetic form of the Divine Mother is pure in the five elements, allowing us to purify and THEN transcend the elements rather than just transcend them to attain to higher dimensions

This was also something that Sadhguru said in relation to this, that "if you're a case you can transcend the elements, but if you want to live beautifully and go beyond them, purification is necessary". This excerpt sheds a bit of light on this too -

It is layers and layers of madness. This is not just something you gathered in a few years, it's an accumulation of many lifetimes. Layers and layers of madness have been accumulated. It has to be worked out. There is no other way. Either you drop the whole thing and walk away or slowly you cleanse the bag.

Seeing Hindu practices and understandings of other dimensions of life as egotistical is a misunderstanding in the sense that we are intrinsically connected to these dimensions of reality. There is this explanation of Ramana Maharshi's progress which comes before the description of difference between a Saint and a Guru - 

He was in the bliss body; simply blissful. The physical body, he was not bothered, mental body, he was not bothered, pranic body, he was not bothered. When Ramana sat for meditation, he just sat for fourteen years and his whole body was full of sores and insect bites. Animals came and bit him and he just sat because he had nothing to do with the body. If it heals, it heals. If it doesn't heal, it doesn't heal. He treats the mind and mental body the same way. If cancer comes, he doesn't care. He doesn't even feel he has cancer because he feels it is not in him. Only people on the path of kriya yoga are capable of attending to the body in a scientific way. Others do not pay attention to it. Usually, they are incapable of too much activity. A Ramana or a Ramakrishna would not be able to trek with me to the Himalayas, let alone at my pace. Physically they are very incapable, because they were not bothered about taking care of their bodies. Their growth did not involve building a certain body. So they never attended to those things. They attained through their own intelligence and their own intensity, not following any system. Only people on the path of kriya, the Realized yogis, are physically very fit and their bodies will be properly kept. For them there is no problem. They cross the border and they come back. They smuggle things across (laughs). For them, it's a daily affair. That's the difference between a saint and a Guru.

Edited by Phrenic

Maybe I'm wrong and I haven't gotten his message, but it seems to me that he says: you will only awake if you follow the path that I set for you. I am someone special, different, unique. You are not like me , but if you follow me, you will get something, give me your willing, is dangerous for you .you are a child who must be guided

Edited by Breakingthewall

On 1/29/2021 at 9:42 AM, RedLine said:

Ramana Maharshi stil had an ego; otherwise he wouldn´t be functional; he wouldn´t have preferences (to get out of bed or lunch for example) so he would died. Enlighment = transcend, not destroy ego.

I think that's unlikely.  The guy literally could meditate through to death if he chose to with no issue.  If what is said about him is true he had no attachment to life what so ever.

Sadguru's claims are outrageous and I'm skeptical of those claims like many others.

However, I assure you magic is very real in some forms at least.  I wouldn't have ever believed that until it happened to me.  I'd keep an open mind.  Many are understandably skeptical of things they've never experienced.  Regardless, you'd be shocked at what's possible, trust me on that.

Edited by Heart of Space

1 hour ago, Phrenic said:

Life happens in many dimensions, and without purifying other dimensions of experience such as the five elements, or our relation to the solar system, you run the risk of exaggerating the psychological importance of realization from a gross and compulsive state in the same way that Leo does, and trick yourself into believing that it is applicable towards all of the world's and life's problems. Ayurveda, Sattvic eating, awareness of the five elements, there are many things that can help to soberly ground your realization, and Sadhguru talks about the importance of this across the board -

I really resonate with this.

I think that you're misunderstanding a lot of what Sadhguru is saying regarding psychedelics if you believe that by themselves they will lead to quick progress, he mentions in Mystics Musings that they can be used to grow quickly if they are used as a support with a Yogic practice and in the guided presence of a Guru, not otherwise. 

Yeah, that is pretty much what I said too, I didn't say that Psychedelics don't have any cons to it at all. They definitely do.

Kriya Yoga taught by Lahiri Mahasaya and similar forms practiced by Yogananda are a means towards realization, and Yogananda himself rejected the need for Hatha yoga because he held God-realization above the need for physical purification. In this video Sadhguru describes the difference between Hatha yoga and realization - 

Realization and the subtlety of higher dimensions by themselves do not purify other dimensions of creation, and as a basis for grounding your higher realizations into sober experience without mentally projecting them to be the "highest", Hatha yoga and more purificatory forms of Kriya yoga are very important. Otherwise, practices like Shakti Chalana Kriya which deals with the body's Pancha Vayus and purifies the Air element, or Surya Kriya which purifies your connection to the Sun and Moon, as a means to distance yourself from the genetic information of your Father and Mother (the original parentage and source of the body's physical manifestation is the Sun and Moon), would not be necessary. The path of Pranayama and Kriya yoga as it is taught by Lahiri Mahasaya is different and directed towards realization alone

Well said :)

Edited by Chi_

2 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

He always talks about the indispensable importance of a guru to awake, but he woke up without a guru. 

From what he has said before, he indeed had a Guru who helped him to attain. His name was Palani Swami. However, that was 3 lifetimes ago. He had to take birth and come back 2 more times after that, in order to fulfill a mission that his Guru entrusted upon him. It is quite a long story but he explains it in this video. He mentions his Guru around 11:00 in the video.

If you want to dive deeper into his stories of his past 3 lifetimes and his whole backstory, I recommend his book ''More than a Life''

Edited by Chi_

2 hours ago, Phrenic said:

Seeing Hindu practices and understandings of other dimensions of life as egotistical is a misunderstanding in the sense that we are intrinsically connected to these dimensions of reality. There is this explanation of Ramana Maharshi's progress which comes before the description of difference between a Saint and a Guru - 

According to Ramana Maharshi's teaching Ego is "I" thoughts, some examples:

I'm this or that ( body or mind),

I want to become healthy,

I want to become a powerful full yogi and not a weak yogi,

I want to become sexy,

I want a hot witch girl friend,

I want to become a millionaire,

I want to explore other dimensions of life,

I want to understand how creation works,

I want to experience life beyond current realized dimension, and or manipulate reality,

So he teaches to just seek the source of the thoughts which is "I", and keep your awareness  on "I-I" eventually you'll come to realize your true nature.

So as long as "you" have fun exploring, understanding, enjoying higher conscious states there's still "you" and the external world apart from you. You cannot the ability to understand or think of your desires of any kind ( even spiritual desires) without an ego-mind.

So that's how this whole thing just doesn't make sense to me.

IMG_20210208_031043.jpg

5e1b619a0f49e_Screenshot_20200112-2311122.png.2dc3539cf301104a59c7663ffda50899.png

"Understanding is the greatest illusion"

-Buddha

Edited by m0hsen

1 hour ago, Endangered-EGO said:

You can always explain it away, just do ONE seemingly impossible thing and there is no reason for doubt anymore.

I don't have any reason to believe in siddhis having an influence on other people. Show me something impossible if you are able to.

If you have something, please show me I am begging you.

If you really want to see something like that first hand, I would recommend you to visit his ashram where he has created a very strong energy form called the Dhyanalinga. Most people instantly feel its energy and go into deep meditative states simply by sitting around it. I don't think an average joe can conjure up an intense form of energy out of thin air like that :D 

3 minutes ago, Chi_ said:

Most people instantly feel its energy and go into deep meditative states simply by sitting around it.

Muslims say this about the Kaaba.

The Art of Knowing is Knowing the accumulation of knowledge lies within time, the discovery of Wisdom is attained out of the Mind.

~ https://www.instagram.com/spiritualabsolute ~