Anon212

Sadhguru Radical Claims

114 posts in this topic

@Bojan V Everything that I talked about in my post is based upon my long-term experience with the Isha Foundation. Before I committed to the practices that I have been initiated into I was on the same route of psychedelics and 5-MeO-DMT usage that Leo is on, so I understand where he is coming from and how he is limiting himself by obsessing over this dimension of things

Edited by Phrenic

We are in a forum where people say life literally is a dream. What can be more "radical" than that when you think about it?

1 minute ago, Vibroverse said:

We are in a forum where people say life literally is a dream. What can be more "radical" than that when you think about it?

It is only "radical" when you approach reality psychologically, if these experiences weren't drug-induced and setting the bar in a gross manner then saying that life is a dream would be common sense. Crown oriented understanding is only one dimension of spirituality, and people will obsess over it until the end if they don't attain to a less compulsive state outside of those experiences

1 hour ago, m0hsen said:

Isn't the Kriya Yoga available online for public, the same Lahiri Mahasaya's Kriya techniques? And if so you claim the Yoga Sadhguru teaches is even more powerful or potent than Kriya Yoga? How do you know this?

Lahiri Mahasaya said that the Kriya Yoga is airplane route to God. 

So who do you claim such things about Sadhguru's  teachings?

The techniques that Sadhguru offers have been taught generationally since the time of Shiva, the Shambhavi Mahamudra is a part of the yogic lore outside of the Isha Foundation. Their publically offered Yoga is more holistic than kriya yoga in the sense that it is less transcendental and more purificatory, but towards the same end and at the same pace. By purifying the five elements and your physiology through classical Hatha yoga you attain to modes of realization naturally and in a sober state, whereas with transcendence you always begin from your gross and compulsive state and then attain to a level of realization, causing you to exaggerate only the crown dimension of spirituality. Potent sadhana will take you to the same places of realization more quickly by handling every dimension of the human system, making realization and knowing on the level of the crown natural and less exclusive. Potency means that your physiology is purified alongside the raising of consciousness, otherwise people will always exaggerate crown and mental realizations from the compulsiveness of the gross bodily sheathes

The Shakti Chalana Kriya taught at Isha is one example of this, it causes the body's pancha vayus to recede from the body as they would at death, simultaneously dramatically purifying the system and taking you beyond the five elements with regards to realization. Approaching reality and consciousness from multiplicity is spiritually regressive, and drugs will do this to you because you're stimulating the system and approaching it from a gross and compulsive nature 

Edited by Phrenic

A Siddhi caught on camera or just a great magic trick? 
There is actually a book written about this guy called "The magus of Java" - worth a read if you are into crazy stuff. I remain agnostic towards the claims put forward - its seem to me more like a descirption of some real life Dragonball Z story than anything "real". But who knows? The set of possible "unknown unknowns" is way too high to make any solid predictions.

Real or fake?

Real or fake?

If you are interested in these topics, read "Real Magic"  by Dean Radin - Especially the chapter called "Merlin-class magicians"
https://www.amazon.com/-/de/dp/B07BGCQDR2/ref=sr_1_1?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&dchild=1&keywords=radin+magic&qid=1612087997&sr=8-1

Personally, I remain highly skeptical about such claims. A lot of people in those "spiritual communities" are full of shit and terrible at sensemaking. This harsh accusation of course includes a big part of this forum, but thats a topic for another day. 

MD. Internal medicine/gastroenterology - Evidence based integral health approaches

"Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
- Rainer Maria Rilke

18 hours ago, Phrenic said:

possible if everyone is in Sahasrar. And if everyone starts inhabiting there, they will not be here for long, they will be gone. - https://isha.sadhguru.org/global/en/wisdom/article/sahasrar-chakra-inebriation-ecstasy

Just reading this in the isha page... really i can't to understand, maybe I'm dumb, but I only find ego, superstition, folkloric tales, empty words... why most of people say that shadguru is an enlightened master and i can't to see? If I listen for example osho, i perceive the clarity of a mind clean as a mirror, if I listen shadguru...wtf! Sounds like a joke! 

42 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

Just reading this in the isha page... really i can't to understand, maybe I'm dumb, but I only find ego, superstition, folkloric tales, empty words... why most of people say that shadguru is an enlightened master and i can't to see? If I listen for example osho, i perceive the clarity of a mind clean as a mirror, if I listen shadguru...wtf! Sounds like a joke! 

I remember correctly, Leo Gura claims Sadhguru is one of the most akawen beings out there.

10 minutes ago, RedLine said:

I remember correctly, Leo Gura claims Sadhguru is one of the most akawen beings out there.

19 hours ago, Phrenic said:

True, he should have his reasons and i can't see , or maybe he is wrong

*Grabs popcorn* Well, somebody today is going to have a bit of a updated version of what a guru is.

4 hours ago, undeather said:

A Siddhi caught on camera or just a great magic trick? 

Those people who claims that have super powers but they never really show them in a scientific test....

2 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

Those people who claims that have super powers but they never really show them in a scientific test....

Actually yes, if you study parapsychology you will see there are many cases tested.

Edited by RedLine

14 hours ago, modmyth said:

@Phrenic  Do you have any more resources that you would recommend other than the one link you posted?

I sent you a PM with some more information

Hey guys, recently Sadhguru started initiating people online! So he does the transmission job without even touching the person!  What's your thoughts into this? Has anybody attained to his online initiation program? And if so how was the experience for you?

@m0hsen I was supposed to do it on the 24th of January, however I had full day exams and it simply wasn't possible. The next opportunity is in April.

On 1/30/2021 at 8:55 PM, m0hsen said:

If anybody ever in this forum ever been in Sadhguru's presence or even participated in his medium to advanced programs, it would be awesome to hear your experience! So please share it with us.

I stayed at Sadhguru's ashram for 6 months and was in close physical proximity to him countless times but I didn't have any verbal conversation. During these 6 months, I did all his programs and completed the 8-day silence program called Samyama, which is the culmination of all the programs he offers to the general public. Before going there, I was heavily influenced by Leo and his teachings which really amplified after my experience with Psychedelics (before going to the ashram). I even met 4 different guys who came there because of Leo and we instantly clicked. Two of them are on this forum.

When he says he can explode people with energy if you sit with him, it has been very true in my experience. I have had several very intimate moments with him during the monthly Satsangs but the strongest one was during the 8-day silence program where he personally conducts it. I don't want to go into too much detail about my experience because it is so subtle and nuanced, putting it into words wouldn't do it justice. However, if I put it very bluntly, one time my eyes locked with his during a Satsang and I felt a huge burst of energy within me and everything just ceased to exist in that short amount of time. Another time I had a near-death experience during the silence program(Samyama). It might not have looked like that for someone looking from outside but in a very short span of time (5 mins), I went through mountains of suffering and I came out of it feeling like a clean slate. I sweated as I have never before in my life with my t-shirt drenched, without making any physical movements. Just staying still. 

I was very skeptical before going to the ashram and also I made a post about it on the forum before going. From my experience, it is really difficult to dismiss what I experienced. At the end of the day, this is still some random person saying something on the internet, please don't take my word for it. Do your own research and make your best judgments. I have also met people who have felt nothing. 

Edited by Chi_

@Chi_ interesting, thank you for sharing this! 

Did you learn any techniques from him so that you can induce Samadhi state ( any type of Samadhi) at will? Or can you control your energy? Having practised Kriya Yoga myself for almost a year, i feel great progress in the amount of energy i can feel and move throughout my body and big transformations in general by doing simple pranayama practises and meditations everyone know about in the Kriya Yoga thread so I'm trying to figure out if one really needs a physical guru!

Yes gurus can manipulate your energy bring all kinds of higher conscious states, or maybe clear your energy pathways, but that's something you can and should do for yourself with enough practice really!  Psychedelics can also do so much job in clearing and opening energy centers too! Very good catalysts! 

But Sadhguru is against all these and completely rejects the idea of practicing Yoga techniques with help of books all by yourself why? Also against psychedelics!

Edited by m0hsen

3 hours ago, m0hsen said:

@Chi_ interesting, thank you for sharing this! 

Did you learn any techniques from him so that you can induce Samadhi state ( any type of Samadhi) at will? Or can you control your energy? Having practised Kriya Yoga myself for almost a year, i feel great progress in the amount of energy i can feel and move throughout my body and big transformations in general by doing simple pranayama practises and meditations everyone know about in the Kriya Yoga thread so I'm trying to figure out if one really needs a physical guru!

Yes gurus can manipulate your energy bring all kinds of higher conscious states, or maybe clear your energy pathways, but that's something you can and should do for yourself with enough practice really!  Psychedelics can also do so much job in clearing and opening energy centers too! Very good catalysts! 

But Sadhguru is against all these and completely rejects the idea of practicing Yoga techniques with help of books all by yourself why? Also against psychedelics!

In the 8 day silence program, you learn a certain technique called "Samyama". Samyama literally means the combination of 3 things. Dharana (concentration), Dhyana (meditation) and Samadhi. So yes, if you master that technique, you can be in Samadhi at will.

As for controlling your energies, the technique he provides is called "Shakti Chalana Kriya" which is part of the Shoonya program. For me personally, I can see immediate effects from Shakti Chalana Kriya in terms of energy flow in the body,  an instant balance at the Psychological level and so many other subtle benefits.

I also started off with the Kriya Yoga book from Lahiri Mahasaya that Leo recommended but I personally don't do them anymore eventhough they definitely are quite potent. I just wanted to be on the safe side, although I feel like that particular book is quite safe for use.

Finally, yeah Psychedelics definitely isn't his cup of tea, but I think there have been plenty of threads about it on this forum :D He talks about it openly in closed groups. For example in his Mystics Musings book, he says that Psychedelics under the presence of a Guru can lead to quick progress. He just chooses his words carefully when talking to large audiences because as we all know so many people misuse them.

Edited by Chi_

I think Sadhguru is a fake. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proofs, and he has not supplied any. The way he conducts his financial affairs, it sounds like he will take sponsorship deals any day now. His videos, his eyes, the way he talks, I just can’t imagine that he might be the real deal. 

Enlightened people can be tricksters like George Gurdjieff, but even the trickster gurus are careful with the truth. 

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna

3 hours ago, Chi_ said:

In the 8 day silence program, you learn a certain technique called "Samyama". Samyama literally means the combination of 3 things. Dharana (concentration), Dhyana (meditation) and Samadhi. So yes, if you master that technique, you can be in Samadhi at will.

As for controlling your energies, the technique he provides is called "Shakti Chalana Kriya" which is part of the Shoonya program. For me personally, I can see immediate effects from Shakti Chalana Kriya in terms of energy flow in the body,  an instant balance at the Psychological level and so many other subtle benefits.

I also started off with the Kriya Yoga book from Lahiri Mahasaya that Leo recommended but I personally don't do them anymore eventhough they definitely are quite potent. I just wanted to be on the safe side, although I feel like that particular book is quite safe for use.

Finally, yeah Psychedelics definitely isn't his cup of tea, but I think there have been plenty of threads about it on this forum :D He talks about it openly in closed groups. For example in his Mystics Musings book, he says that Psychedelics under the presence of a Guru can lead to quick progress. He just chooses his words carefully when talking to large audiences because as we all know so many people misuse them.

I think that you're misunderstanding a lot of what Sadhguru is saying regarding psychedelics if you believe that by themselves they will lead to quick progress, he mentions in Mystics Musings that they can be used to grow quickly if they are used as a support with a Yogic practice and in the guided presence of a Guru, not otherwise. The very nature of psychedelics is that they stimulate the energy system in a gross manner and break the mind, allowing you to experience something beyond it but never grounding your sober experience into anything subtler than the mental body, without an appropriate practice to transform your energy. He very clearly mentions that they are used as a means to purge on all levels, but that they don't lead to attaining to any kind of consciousness without the use of a system which works with the necessary dimensions of energy. They are also a huge danger in that they cause damage to the energy system, and if you do manage to break things through substances, you limit yourself heavily to that process

Here are some excerpts from Mystic's Musings regarding psychedelic usage - 

On the other hand, one who is well established in his awareness to a point that he can carry it into his sleep, for such a Sadhaka, these substances could be beneficial if used under proper guidance, but subject to various limitations. The path of yoga offers enough opportunities for us to get high without using any external aids like that. If you're willing. I'm the greatest intoxicant. I can activate such deep states of intoxicating awareness.

Kriya Yoga taught by Lahiri Mahasaya and similar forms practiced by Yogananda are a means towards realization, and Yogananda himself rejected the need for Hatha yoga because he held God-realization above the need for physical purification. In this video Sadhguru describes the difference between Hatha yoga and realization - 

If is just a question of realization, it can be done in so many ways. If you want to be realized and you want to live powerfully, then Hatha becomes an important aspect.

Realization and the subtlety of higher dimensions by themselves do not purify other dimensions of creation, and as a basis for grounding your higher realizations into sober experience without mentally projecting them to be the "highest", Hatha yoga and more purificatory forms of Kriya yoga are very important. Otherwise, practices like Shakti Chalana Kriya which deals with the body's Pancha Vayus and purifies the Air element, or Surya Kriya which purifies your connection to the Sun and Moon, as a means to distance yourself from the genetic information of your Father and Mother (the original parentage and source of the body's physical manifestation is the Sun and Moon), would not be necessary. The path of Pranayama and Kriya yoga as it is taught by Lahiri Mahasaya is different and directed towards realization alone

Here is an excerpt from Mystic's Musings that describes the difference between a Saint, or realized Being, and a Guru - 

That's the difference between a saint and a Guru. Saints somehow cross the border. They are wonderful people. They will bless you and their blessings are good to receive. A Guru is not somebody who is just a saint. A Guru is somebody who has the methods and technologies for everything. He's somebody who is good both ways. A Guru's ways will not be saintly at all. One moment he's this, the next that. He can be in so many ways. He is just playing a role because he has all the technologies in his hand. He's not always a good man; he can do anything, but a saint is always a good man, always gentle, always loving and always happy. A Guru is not like that. He will do what is needed. If needed, he can stand up and fight.

Life happens in many dimensions, and without purifying other dimensions of experience such as the five elements, or our relation to the solar system, you run the risk of exaggerating the psychological importance of realization from a gross and compulsive state in the same way that Leo does, and trick yourself into believing that it is applicable towards all of the world's and life's problems. Ayurveda, Sattvic eating, awareness of the five elements, there are many things that can help to soberly ground your realization, and Sadhguru talks about the importance of this across the board -

Edited by Phrenic