Anon212

Sadhguru Radical Claims

114 posts in this topic

@Moksha i have tried to see more but they seem terrible. Maybe it doesn't resonate with me, but it seems like pure business, empty nonsense, a lot of choreography and costumes, pauses at the right time with giggles when appropriate, and always speaking to the interviewer as if he were moronic, great condescension. I go to great lengths to watch at least half of his 10 minute videos, it makes me sick.

aside, before I thought about what you said about siddhis a few posts above. do you really think they're real? in what you base? I'm not saying they don't exist, but why have they never been tested? 

18 minutes ago, Moksha said:

if you get siddhis, psychic powers, on the spiritual path, don't use them.

So why even taking about your spiritual powers, siddhis to people? 

Maybe this is the way of keeping ordinary man stay motivated on his path? 

I've heard Sadhguru saying there's so many practitioners with many spiritual powers in his yoga center.

I'm trying to understand how Sadhguru works.

Edited by m0hsen

4 minutes ago, Breakingthewall said:

@Moksha i have tried to see more but they seem terrible. Maybe it doesn't resonate with me, but it seems like pure business, empty nonsense, a lot of choreography and costumes, pauses at the right time with giggles when appropriate, and always speaking to the interviewer as if he were moronic, great condescension. I go to great lengths to watch at least half of his 10 minute videos, it makes me sick.

aside, before I thought about what you said about siddhis a few posts above. do you really think they're real? in what you base? I'm not saying they don't exist, but why have they never been tested? 

I've only seen a handful of Sadhguru's videos, so maybe I got lucky. I agreed with everything I heard. I did get the same sense as you that he was a little condescending/pretentious at times, but the basic teachings were sound. Have you looked at Mooji? I've only seen one of his so far, but I loved it. He seemed authentic.

Since my last awakening, I have become much more open to the possibility of energies, such as siddhis, which in the past I would have dismissed as nonsense. As a scientist, I have always said: "Put it in a lab, under controlled conditions, and prove it." Now I'm less rigorous about the scientific method being the only pathway to reality. I do know there have been numerous experiences in my life, which I would call spiritual, and cannot explain objectively.

In the same book I just quoted (Being Ram Dass), he mentions two siddhis with two different gurus. With his first guru, he was told numerous details about his life, which his Harvard Professor mind could not see as being knowable. With his second guru, he had an experience of his soul flying, and was later asked by the guru how he enjoyed the flight.

Even Tolle talks about siddhis, although only rarely. He sees them as solar flares of Consciousness, just another way of it creating. They are not inherently good or evil, but they can be used to either end. From what I've experienced in my personal life, I see them as a real possibility. Which is funny if you think about it, because all of what we are talking about is only relatively real 9_9

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

21 minutes ago, m0hsen said:

So why even taking about your spiritual powers, siddhis to people? 

Maybe this is the way keeping ordinary man stay motivated on his path? 

That's my instinct. I see them as potentially dangerous distractions from the path of enlightenment. For Sadhguru to have a restricted, commercial forum discussing these things makes me suspicious. He wouldn't be the first guru, awakened or not, to fall for material attachments.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

12 hours ago, Anon212 said:

How does one stay "radically open minded" and filter out the rubbish?

Direct experience. Who cares about the “rubbish”, it’s really just thought about someone’s direct experience anyways. :) 

There are experiences to be had that are not only unbelievable, but are beyond understanding & explanation. 

The best experiences ‘of’ reality are the meta spiritually speaking, and aren’t shared publicly, in the same sense the best bands will never get signed. The ‘average person’ would not be able to relate at all, to the degree they’d say you’re lying, a charlatan, crazy, or all three. Direct experience reveals you can even offer this for free, and people will still call you some degrading identifying name without even recognizing their mental dissonance. 

Reality only seems consistent. But in actuality you aren’t. 

It’s hard to grasp if Siddhi’s are real because the mind can’t grasp what is not in it. Siddhis are more real than cars & houses. They’re experienced post the finite mind being suffused, post identity. There’s no concern of anyone using them inappropriately because there is no such thing as anyone using them, which is likely why they’re ‘rare’. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

It is true that coincidences occur, events that go beyond what is explainable, and that is why I am not completely skeptical about the siddhis, but if there are those who have dominion over them, why not show it? Well, really i don't care about siddhis, but it's surprising that many people consider them real without have seen any example

tbh after reading what the OP is saying Sahdguru said it isn't really that farfetched. I've accessed dimensions of siddhis myself but haven't bothered to develop them since they don't interest me. A lot of what he is saying is more subtle and what I would describe as perhaps being ontologically true in some form even though it may be paradoxical or metaphorical to more literal interpretations of reality. Him claiming he is the most developed seems a little egotistical like when Leo was doing it but is it all that different from a pro athlete claiming they are the best at something or an even better comparison, art artist proclaiming their masterpiece? I have no doubt he is one of the most realized but I didn't come to that belief from him saying it. It is obvious to anyone into this stuff that he is incredibly advanced and also a very mature human being as well. I'm glad Sahdguru is as selfless and as caring for other people as he is. It would be a pity if he lived his life as a recluse instead of making his life purpose to help others. Really the only thing I'm skeptical of is levitation but even that could have some metaphorical or different dimensional meaning to it than what I am speculating levitation is IE a human flying (without an airplane) or floating above the material ground. Don't take everything he says so literally. There seems to be some interesting truths outside of conventional logic and what he is saying may actually be something totally different than what we think he is talking about. Language has it's limits.

Edited by Lyubov

@Leo Gura You should go to Sadhguru and learn something Leo. He even has a center in USA now.

He clearly knows more about some aspects of life than you do. And like you say, Actualized.org is suppose to be more than enlightenment.

Perhaps he can help you raise your low baseline level of awareness.

Don’t be cocky Leo, don’t let arrogance get in the way of learning.

“Many talk like philosophers yet live like fools.” — Proverb

whether that is true about Sadhguru or not, Sadhguru himself says that anytime you come across something that is not in your experience disregard it as truth even if he says it himself. it is not in your best interest to believe or disbelieve. if you read Harry Potter and all that stuff about horcruxes and Voldemort, Sadhguru himself said that that is kind of how he is still alive just without killing people. some of his most devoted followers have given a part of their "pranic" bodies to Sadhguru so he can continue to live at the expense of their life but before he says that he says "don't believe all of this nonsense, find out if it is true for you. 

17 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

This ;)

You have no idea how deep this shit goes. Stop believing people and start practicing.

Consciousness is even more radical than Sadhguru tells you.

Leo - What supernatural powers do you possess that you aren't sharing with us in your videos...? xD

I think he's a mixed bag. No question he's operating on a high level of consciousness. Heard there was some interesting financial motives and funny things happening at the Isha ashram though.

8 hours ago, Moksha said:

@Breakingthewall

Spiritual power can lead one astray. The nineteenth-century Bengali saint Ramakrishna said, if you get siddhis, psychic powers, on the spiritual path, don't use them. They get you in trouble. He meant that if you identify with being powerful, you can get caught up in a spiritual ego and forget surrendering and merging into God.

big no no.

4 hours ago, Derek White said:

@Leo Gura

Don’t be cocky Leo, don’t let arrogance get in the way of learning.

im giving my best. #humble.

And if the future is real in vibrational sense in that sense, then why not. 

17 hours ago, Breakingthewall said:

It is true that coincidences occur, events that go beyond what is explainable, and that is why I am not completely skeptical about the siddhis, but if there are those who have dominion over them, why not show it? Well, really i don't care about siddhis, but it's surprising that many people consider them real without have seen any example

As with every truth, verify only through your direct experience. Most of the unexplainable things I have seen or experienced, I choose not to share, because they are personal, and it is unlikely to help someone along their spiritual path, in any case.

Leo is overly focused on druglike crown and mind oriented spirituality in the sense that understanding and infinity and the complexity of consciousness seem to him to be more important than other things. Sadhguru told the story of Shiva explaining that all of reality is made up of five elements, no matter the dimension, and that he can pack the cosmos into a mustard seed if he wishes to

In this article Sadhguru explains that Sahasrar is just one dimension of things

So, the less we say about Sahasrar the better because right now we are on a mission – we cannot afford fuzziness. Here and there, we party a bit – we have our Bhava Spandanas and satsangs, but then we want to be focused on what we need to do. That will not be possible if everyone is in Sahasrar. And if everyone starts inhabiting there, they will not be here for long, they will be gone. - https://isha.sadhguru.org/global/en/wisdom/article/sahasrar-chakra-inebriation-ecstasy

In the yogic culture there are beings known as Chakreshwaras who have total mastery and command over the five elements of nature, which are responsible for all possible dimensions and realms of consciousness, Sadhguru is supposedly one of these beings and he offers practices to cleanse the five elements. Whether we talk about reality, consciousness, infinity or nothingness is irrelevant, for yogis this is common sense and impractical if we want to do things in the world in other dimensions, life is not only about living from the dimension of the Sahasrar and the experiential understanding that expanding it can bring. As Hinduism and Buddhism teach, you can reduce everything to the play of the five elements in nature and develop command over them, thereby developing command over reality at any level, so why obsess over these crown oriented experiences that you keep inducing on a gross level through 5-MeO? All that you have to do is look at common Eastern spiritual traditions and the teachings related to the five elements and the senses to understand this, exploding yourself into infinite experiences of consciousness is one aspect and dimension of things and not at all applicable to every dimension of life

Leo commenting on Sadhguru's understanding of consciousness is inane and the more you look at his opinions, the more you realize that he hasn't looked into Sadhguru or the Isha foundation to any real depth, or tried any of the practices that they offer. By teaching on the internet you run the risk of crystallizing yourself in this fashion, he has an enormous lack of understanding and experience with potent yogic practices and spirituality. There is yoga far more potent than the kriya yoga available online, or anything that Leo has discussed and talked about with you here or on YouTube

Don't crystallize your consciousness by obsessing over one dimension of things, it can be difficult when you stumble into life-changing spiritual content as a Westerner to break out of that comfort zone and to continue to raise the bar. Leo's understanding of spirituality is one-dimensional and mind oriented due to the nature of his progress. Do you really think that somebody like Sadhguru, among other masters, who have taken many lifetimes alongside thousands of witnesses to consecrate a form like the Dhyanalinga, and direct disembodied beings to different wombs to see this done, are not more spiritually in tune than somebody who abuses drugs to obsess over experiences of infinity and consciousness, at this point like a broken record? 

In Hinduism there is something called parabdha karma (present-life karma) and sanchita karma (past-life karma), the purpose of any spiritual process is to exhaust your parabdha and sanchita karma so that eventually your consciousness develops mastery over different dimensions of life, to such an extent that you have the consciousness to choose your place of birth, or to leave the body at will and end the process of life and death for good. These processes "upgrade" the human system, so to speak, into subtler modes of function, causing these dimensions of karma to exhaust rapidly and free your consciousness from gross mental and bodily compulsions. The mental body or Manomaya kosha is always the first thing to be dealt with if you're doing real sadhana, because it is the gross compulsions that exist in the form of gross mental or bodily karma which determine your sober state of consciousness

Drugs always stimulate the grosser bodies and exaggerate the psychological dimension of your experiences, this is why Leo is restricting himself to crown oriented spirituality, activating the mind and the crown in a lopsided manner and retaining the same physiological compulsions when you return to your sober state will never take you beyond these experiences and mental understandings. The teachings that he's been giving are commonplace in Eastern spiritual systems and processes, because the processes taught purify your physiology and allow you to function from subtler and more holistic modes of being, limiting yourself to drugs will limit you to and exaggerate the importance of the crown and the mind in a gross manner. This is ultimately spiritually regressive, because all understanding can be reduced to the five elements as they actually exist within nature, before they have been imprinted by karmic information or experienced in their ever multiplying and infinite forms by the mind

I urge all of you to look into the background of the Isha Foundation and Sadhguru properly and thoroughly, and ironically, not to rest on your laurels and restrict yourself to this grossly drug-induced manifestation of spirituality

Edited by Phrenic

38 minutes ago, Phrenic said:

There is yoga far more potent than the kriya yoga available online

Isn't the Kriya Yoga available online for public, the same Lahiri Mahasaya's Kriya techniques? And if so you claim the Yoga Sadhguru teaches is even more powerful or potent than Kriya Yoga? How do you know this?

Lahiri Mahasaya said that the Kriya Yoga is airplane route to God. 

So who do you claim such things about Sadhguru's  teachings?

Edited by m0hsen

If anybody ever in this forum ever been in Sadhguru's presence or even participated in his medium to advanced programs, it would be awesome to hear your experience! So please share it with us.

@Anon212 I actually believe his claims, there probably is other beings in caves who can also do what he can. He is one of the few very enlightened masters who is in the mainstream. I believe him because I have experienced siddhis and dmts naturally and I know I haven't even touched the tip of the ice burg. And then there is actual psychedelic trips which can blow your mind on whats out there.

But then again why should you believe him? 

I also met a monk who claimed he knows a few people to levitate and all kinds of crazy stuff sad can do. Maybe just use this as motivation, there is an infinite world out there to explore how can you possibly ever get bored. Lots to get excited about 

@Phrenic Are your claims  about Leo and Sadguru based on your own experiences or are they based on your own beliefs and nothing else?

Edited by Bojan V