Leo Gura

2 New Mods

41 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Abdelghafar said:

@Forestluv

Bump it up, in SEO terms you mean? Make it visible on page 1, right?

So they put links, maybe even malicious ones, by hijacking SEO-centric terminologies of topics so that people check them out, correct?

No

They just think they can sneak in their links without anyone noticing. But we see these devils a mile away.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, Abdelghafar said:

@Forestluv

Bump it up, in SEO terms you mean? Make it visible on page 1, right?

So they put links, maybe even malicious ones, by hijacking SEO-centric terminologies of topics so that people check them out, correct?

No

They just think they can sneak in their links without anyone noticing. But we see these devils a mile away.

can you just lock old threads?

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

35 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

can you just lock old threads?

We don't want to lock 90% of threads.

@Leo Gura Stop spamming the forum with double posts :P

Screenshot_20210129-222022.png

Screenshot_20210129-222030.png

Edited by Gesundheit

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

No

But @Leo Gura,

That doesn't make sense to me, why would they want to put a link on a website without anyone noticing or without anyone clicking on them?

Is it because of Google Crawlers when they crawl Actualized.org and find their link on it and then index the links in the organic search?

18 minutes ago, Abdelghafar said:

That doesn't make sense to me, why would they want to put a link on a website without anyone noticing or without anyone clicking on them?

The sneakiness is trying to scam forum users and escape detection from moderators. They don't simply post a naked scam link. Yet rest assured we moderators have their number and are filtering them out. There are alot of them. Perhaps 10 per week or so. It's by far the most common ban. 

It helps the Mods when forum users report spammers. 

@Forestluv

Oh, so you mean, they try to scam an individual by posting on their very old thread, and then that person checks out who replied to them after 7 months or more and say "Wow, someone still remembers my thread, that's thoughtful. Oh wait, what's this link? Let me check it out. Oh wow, that's a great sale, I'll buy this product/service", then they get scammed, is that what you mean?

Edited by Abdelghafar
Word Edit.

7 minutes ago, Abdelghafar said:

@Forestluv

Oh, so you mean, they try to scam an individual by posting on their very old thread, and then that person checks out who replied to them after 7 months or more and say "Wow, someone still remembers my thread, that's thoughtful. Oh wait, what's this link? Let me check it out. Oh wow, that's a great sale, I'll buy this product/service", is that what you mean?

Not just the OP, everyone on the forum that reads the thread. For example, the thread might be "How can I improve my writing skills?". Anyone who clicks on that thread is interested in improving writing skills. A scammer may pretend to be a student and post links to college term paper scam sites.

If you guys see this behavior, please report it. It helps us filter it out. 

Just now, Forestluv said:

Not just the OP, everyone of the forum that reads the thread. For example, the thread might be "How can I improve my writing skills?". Anyone who clicks on that thread is interested in improving writing skills. A scammer may pretend to be a student and post links to college term papers scam sites. 

If you guys see this behavior, please report it. It helps us filter it out. 

Got it. Cheers. xD

How can I report a troll that has no posts? 

And how can I really know if the moderator I approached has really deleted or removed the troll or scammer? 

I want at least one moderator who is ready to delete trolls when I approach him/her and gives me a guarantee it's done. Any mod can volunteer but please do it and don't give reasons not to. 

Right now I have a troll to report but I want to be able to trust a mod or I'll report the troll to @Leo Gura

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Any mod ready to volunteer who I can always trust with deletion of trolls? Let me know. 

(and please don't leak information about the troll on the forum.) 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

4 hours ago, Abdelghafar said:

But @Leo Gura,

Is it because of Google Crawlers when they crawl Actualized.org and find their link on it and then index the links in the organic search?

Links are usually posted for SEO purposes. Although sometimes they use the link to directly advertise a product or service.

9 hours ago, Forestluv said:

The sneakiness is trying to scam forum users and escape detection from moderators. They don't simply post a naked scam link. Yet rest assured we moderators have their number and are filtering them out. There are alot of them. Perhaps 10 per week or so. It's by far the most common ban.

?

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

5 hours ago, Preety_India said:

report the troll to Leo

Lol

Edited by Aaron p

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Links are usually posted for SEO purposes. Although sometimes they use the link to directly advertise a product or service.

Understood.

7 hours ago, Preety_India said:

How can I report a troll that has no posts? 

@Preety_India, How do you know he's a troll if he has not posted anything to troll anyone? Do you mean someone DM'ed you and is harrassing you but that person hasn't got any posts?

If that's the case, I think you can still report them to the Mods or Leo, maybe they have access on the servers of private DMs between members, or at least Leo does. I'm not totally sure.

Welcome guys!!

@Preety_India If you just report the post/report the PM then all the mods can see what you've reported and someone should be able to help ?

"Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it" -Rumi

Never saw new mods introduced before. Talking about moderation policies openly is a good policy.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2