Leo Gura

2 New Mods

41 posts in this topic

Say hello to our 2 newest Mods:

@Moksha

and

@andyjohnsonman

They will be helping police this place.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura

You need to do some serious policing yourself. 

Just a big humble request. 

???

Take it as a positive feedback from me.. 

Edited by Preety_India

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

Here are our top priorities now with moderating this forum. Mods, please take note:

• Right-wing trolls, MAGAs, ideologues, and gaslighters in the Politics sub-forum
    • Give out warning points to people spreading political disinformation, such as the notion that the Biden election was a fraud.
  • People who we previously banned opening duplicate accounts (ban them again)
  • Sexist, grossly biased stuff in the Dating sub-forum (warning points for this, not bans)
  • New members who are actually stealth spammers and comment on very old threads and insert their spam links (ban these folks instantly) and flag them as spammers. Any thread that is older than 6 months and gets commented on is likely to be one of these stealth spammers. Mark all spammers with the "Spam" flag in addition to banning them. This spam flag automatically hides all their posts.

Of course there is always other stuff to moderate, but those 4 items are the most common right now.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

:o

The ban hammer. I could hear its echo.

:P

If you have no confidence in yourself, you are twice defeated in the race of life. But with confidence you have won, even before you start.” -- Marcus Garvey

Welcome @andyjohnsonman, @Moksha!!!!

Lovely to see reinforcements to the team :)

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

hello :) its me! calling from the ootheeerr sideeee!

p.s im so getting banned. but i cant help it, you guys relax me so much. 

wish you all the luck on the new Job :)

@Abdelghafar It's probably because 90% of the time posting on old threads is spam. If you go to a really old post, it will have a brown tag on it that advises you to start a new one.

24 minutes ago, Abdelghafar said:

I'm a bit confused Leo, how are commentators on any thread that is older than 6 months spamming or stealthy?

They bump up old threads, often based on keywords. For example, there may be an old thread from 2018 about succeeding in college and a spammer bumps it up with spam links to term papers. They are like weeds we need to pull out each day. 

@Forestluv

Bump it up, in SEO terms you mean? Make it visible on page 1, right?

So they put links, maybe even malicious ones, by hijacking SEO-centric terminologies of topics so that people check them out, correct?

3 minutes ago, Abdelghafar said:

Bump it up, in SEO terms you mean? Make it visible on page 1, right?

Yes

3 minutes ago, Abdelghafar said:

So they put links, maybe even malicious ones, by hijacking SEO-centric terminologies of topics so that people check them out, correct?

I just know they often bump old threads to the top of page 1 with a spam link. I don't know how the technology works.