Michael569

KETOGENIC DIET - independent meta analysis by Nick Hiebert

25 posts in this topic

Just now, Michael569 said:

@UDT is Tim. Go check out his youtube channel, he posted a great video if you scroll a bit above. 

Thank you. :)

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

From a quick search about this guy, it appears he's being promoted by Impossible Meat which he claims is, with all the oxidized vegetable oils, artificial flavoring and phyto-estrogens, healthier than plain grass-fed steak. He's also a big fan of GMO and industrialized foods. Really not worth listening to.

Also what is "the ketogenic diet"? Pardon if he elaborates on what specifically they eat as I didn't go through it, but the term is broad enough to include vegans, carnivores, omnivors, junk food addicts, raw primals and so on, altogether. It's no secret that most of those are unhealthy despite being ketogenic.

Edited by Village

There is a lot of science that goes both for and against keto. The thing is personally experimenting in an un-biased and extremely  sensitive way to feel what works how for you, for how long and in what circumstances.

Personally, I've done more than 6 months on keto and it's really bad if you don't get it perfect. But when you get it right it does feel lreally light.

Now after 2 months of coming back to it I'm feeling a weird kidney discomfort and very fluctuating levels of energy . ( IDK if this is correlated)

I'll go with eating a lot of low- ish  carb vegetables instead of less than 30 grams of carbs and report back, but to be honest that's what has allways made me feel the best

🗣️🗯️  personal dev Log Lyfe Journal 🗿🎭 ~ Raw , Emotional, Unfiltered

4 hours ago, Village said:

From a quick search about this guy, it appears he's being promoted by Impossible Meat which he claims is, with all the oxidized vegetable oils, artificial flavoring and phyto-estrogens, healthier than plain grass-fed steak. He's also a big fan of GMO and industrialized foods. Really not worth listening to.

What a sneaky way to judge and dismiss someone who has been contributing to humanity for years :D You are a sly devil. 

I'm not going to mount up my defences and argue with you because our opinions on nutrition are probably as polarized as it can be. I hope you'll find the answers you are looking for. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

@mmKay the main thing coming up with keto is that the long-term is dangerous. I am not going to dispute that so many people feel amazing on it, lose weight, get rid of pains. But what all these studies are collectively showing is a detrimental long term effect after 12 months. This is where the balance starts to tip. This is when all the inflammatory marker are mounting up. This is where the signs of arterial damage are popping up. 

I don't care if somebody tells me that they feel great and lost tons of weight after a month. The question here is : "can you do this for the rest of your life"? In 90/100 the answer is no. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus