ivankiss

No Internal Monologue

150 posts in this topic

I think that the interior monologue creates separation barriers, but I think that there can be barriers without interior monologue. merging and ceasing to be an individual probably has to be a voluntary act

51 minutes ago, James123 said:

As @Nahm mentioned of Buddha’s quote “Understanding is the greatest illusion “. 

Thats why you meditate to not know, learn or understand. 

If there is no understanding or knowing what is left? Whatever left is what you really are. 

F8F8CB64-BBC5-4414-8038-09C8643B8952.jpeg

So why do we read books then if knowing is illusion?

Edited by StarStruck

In Tate we trust

1 minute ago, StarStruck said:

So why do we read books then if knowing is illusion?

Because we are illusion makers. It is not the knowing that is the problem, it is believing that what you know is the truth. No. It only is an aspect of infinity. One of the infinite truths. 

@ivankiss The internal dialogue is what we believe we are and as we detach from it it starts to lose momentum.

I'm not talking about the internal dialogue that we can see. Because what we see we are already are detached from but the internal dialogue that we inherently see as a part of ourselves. The thought we are so identified with that we believe that it is I.

@ivankiss My wife has very little inner monologue and the chemical imbalance that influences her depression manifests as the inner critic.

When I inquired into how she thinks, what she does after I ask "how she thinks?", she responded that she's seeing images. Like, literally, images, imagination. This fascinated me to no end.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@WelcometoReality Yeah, gotcha. I just disagree with 'I' being a thought, only. 'I' is more than that. It is a sense. It is intertwined with the 5 human senses. It goes very deep.

So simply stopping thinking does not mean one is all the sudden enlightened, or has transcended the 'I'. If one decides to go 'all the way', eventually all senses dissolve - including the sense of 'I'. One cannot die only half way.

@tsuki Yeah, pretty much heard the same from other people talking about their experiences on YouTube. Fascinating, indeed. What's even more mind- blowing to me is that there are people who have no internal monologue and on top of that are unable to visualise anything. Pure presence, right? Full immersion. Still not enlightenment tho.

Ime; enlightenment is when instead of hearing sound you start hearing light.

Instead of smelling scents you start smelling light.

Instead of touching the table you start touching light.

Instead of tasting food you start tasting light.

Instead of seeing colors you start seeing white. 

Instead of thinking thoughts you start thinking white.

Instead of breathing air you start breathing Light.

Pure, divine, infinitely intelligent Light. 

Edited by ivankiss

I have very little to no inner monologue. I’ve learnt over the years to internalise some talk — it is sometimes handy — but most of the time I think in terms of overlapping concepts. 

Thanks for posting the video’s, it’s interesting to find out what other people think about this. 

Edited by Bodhitree

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna

1 hour ago, Vibroverse said:

Because we are illusion makers. It is not the knowing that is the problem, it is believing that what you know is the truth. No. It only is an aspect of infinity. One of the infinite truths. 

How do you balance knowing and not knowing though? You had to know the meaning of these words to type something. 

In Tate we trust

4 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

How do you balance knowing and not knowing though? You had to know the meaning of these words to type something. 

Yes, but by being densified on these meanings I let go of all the other possible meanings it could have had. That's what evolution is. 

@ivankiss I've noticed a general confusion about thoughts and thinking. There are some who believe that the internal monologue is thinking. So, it's obvious from that viewpoint that if you stop it, or don't have it, then you're not thinking. And stopping thinking seems to be one of those milestones on the way to being enlightened. But it's just not like that at all.

Thought is much broader than a voice in your head. It's images, sensations, feelings, sounds, memories. In fact having a hallucinatory voice following you around is as weird as having an imaginary best friend. After all, people who supposedly "hear voices" are possibly mentally ill (they are wrong however!). 

Thinking I would say is part of any enlightenment. You only want to quiet the mind in the initial stages so that you can "get out of your own way". After that think away!

Edited by LastThursday

All stories and explanations are false.

39 minutes ago, Vibroverse said:

Yes, but by being densified on these meanings I let go of all the other possible meanings it could have had. That's what evolution is. 

That is what everybody does, no?

In Tate we trust

38 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

@WelcometoReality Yeah, gotcha. I just disagree with 'I' being a thought, only. 'I' is more than that. It is a sense. It is intertwined with the 5 human senses. It goes very deep.

So simply stopping thinking does not mean one is all the sudden enlightened, or has transcended the 'I'. If one decides to go 'all the way', eventually all senses dissolve - including the sense of 'I'. One cannot die only half way.

Yes it's Intertwined in thoughts and feelings. To try to stop thinking is simply the belief that there is an I that can stop thinking. Which is more thought. :D

Intertwined in feelings manifests as being reactionary to "external" triggers. 

The grasping/resisting in the gut.

The division of the experiencer/experienced in the senses.

"One cannot die only half way". Well we all try as best we can to not die all the way. 9_9

4 minutes ago, StarStruck said:

That is what everybody does, no?

Yes.

I've never experienced internal monologue or chatter neither the way most people experience based on my research. I've developed it to be able to think with words, but it won't happen automatically like most people. But its not enlightenment definitely,  your mind thinks in some other ways, mostly in terms of images, concepts. But IMO it's way way easier to control the mind when it thinks in any other way other than 24/7 internal chatting.

Edited by m0hsen

I was reading about one of you comments of looking in the mirror and then i walked to the door thinking what the hell this means and then this song played, someone sitting in a car outside and all of a sudden i dropped all thinking or happened all by itself and i listened and this is what i heard.

"Look into my eyes
You will see
What you mean to me
Search your heart
Search your soul
And when you find me there
You'll search no more

Don't tell me it's not worth tryin' for
You can't tell me it's not worth dyin' for
You know it's true
Everything I do
I do it for you."

Wowww it was like God was talking to me and that was what you guy's mean look into the mirror. Search your heart and search you soul(self inquiry)and you'll find "ME" there and you wont search no more!!!

I have found that already but i was reminded of it and wow like i got goose bumps everywhere and remembered again who I am really :)

Edited by Joker_Theory

"Your the left eye and i am the right would it not be madness to fight, WE COME ONE." - Faithless